Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Simms “everyone wants to trade down”

What’s up gang!

Chris was talking about lots of team wanting to trade back, but might not be tempting enough for some teams, do you think we could end up trading up to and trading away a 2023 pick! Might be able to step a decent player that people are overlooking and get a deal!?!?

Ballard was saying this weeks there’s plenty of talent and they 6 difference makers on their board! Just a thought, unlikely but outside of the box. 

big love, :)

If, the Colts were to trade up, they’re not giving up just the 1st pick and a 2023 picks. Rest assured, there would be a combination of 2021 picks or pick as well.  

I seriously doubt CB will trade up due to not having a 3rd, which isn’t the end of the world, even if he just stays at 21. 

Honestly, I hope he stays at 21, drafts the top rated player left, at OT, CB or DE. Take your pick. 

Takes two hands to clap, people. If this indeed is the case, this would be the one year Ballard does not move back and is forced to pick at No.21.

You have to hope a QB from the Top 5 or Waddle drops to No.21 miraculously for us to get a good deal for moving back, to be honest.

3 hours ago, JackOLantin said:

What’s up gang!

Chris was talking about lots of team wanting to trade back, but might not be tempting enough for some teams, do you think we could end up trading up to and trading away a 2023 pick! Might be able to step a decent player that people are overlooking and get a deal!?!?

Ballard was saying this weeks there’s plenty of talent and they 6 difference makers on their board! Just a thought, unlikely but outside of the box. 

big love, :)

No.  They already don't have a 1 rd pick next year, and if they do for some reason, it's gonna be a top 10 pick and we'll all be miserable and will need them to keep that to look forward to after a dumpster fire season

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Takes two hands to clap, people. If this indeed is the case, this would be the one year Ballard does not move back and is forced to pick at No.21.

You have to hope a QB from the Top 5 or Waddle drops to No.21 miraculously for us to get a good deal for moving back, to be honest.

Yes and no.  There are/will be other players teams will have on their board and be willing to move up to get ahead of other teams for.... Never know till Thursday night ...

7 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

No.  They already don't have a 1 rd pick next year, and if they do for some reason, it's gonna be a top 10 pick and we'll all be miserable and will need them to keep that to look forward to after a dumpster fire season

Imagine trading it away and having a terrible  season, now that would suck! :p 

Just sit at 21 and take Radunz.  Only concern I had on him was level of competition and he blew that out of the water during Senior Bowl week.  Dude's a gem IMO.  He's gonna outplay a lot of guys drafted ahead of him.

If he's off the board then maybe you roll the dice on Little.  I don't know.  I wouldn't take a RT like Jenkins or Cosmi and try to move them to LT that's for sure.  Little is risky but he's a LT.  Ton of buzz on Vera-Tucker right now but he's gonna move inside year one IMO.

Maybe Eichenberg round 2 at that point.  His own coach submarined him with that RT comment but he's so smooth in pass pro that I think he at least has a shot to play blindside.

3 hours ago, Boondoggle said:

Just sit at 21 and take Radunz.  Only concern I had on him was level of competition and he blew that out of the water during Senior Bowl week.  Dude's a gem IMO.  He's gonna outplay a lot of guys drafted ahead of him.

If he's off the board then maybe you roll the dice on Little.  I don't know.  I wouldn't take a RT like Jenkins or Cosmi and try to move them to LT that's for sure.  Little is risky but he's a LT.  Ton of buzz on Vera-Tucker right now but he's gonna move inside year one IMO.

Maybe Eichenberg round 2 at that point.  His own coach submarined him with that RT comment but he's so smooth in pass pro that I think he at least has a shot to play blindside.

Radunz looks like a decent prospect. I disagree about Jenkins and Cosmi though. They are not strictly RT’s. Little still has potential but a team has to understand this guy needs time. It’a been a while for him to play a snap. Eichenberg is a prospect that I see to be somewhat as a wildcard. In the right scheme he might be ok but never great at LT. RT is something he might be better as though. 

13 hours ago, MPStack said:

If, the Colts were to trade up, they’re not giving up just the 1st pick and a 2023 picks. Rest assured, there would be a combination of 2021 picks or pick as well.  

I seriously doubt CB will trade up due to not having a 3rd, which isn’t the end of the world, even if he just stays at 21. 

Honestly, I hope he stays at 21, drafts the top rated player left, at OT, CB or DE. Take your pick. 

Leonard for Sewell.......

Archived