Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Flash Mock: Round 5

6 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Since it looks like we are done after tonight and my drafting has concluded here is a recap of my draft selections for Washington.

The Washington Football Team (5 Round Mock Draft Results)

1st Round: Teven Jenkins, OT Okla. St. - Brings nastiness and physicality to the Washington offensive line.  Can play @ RT or moved to LT if necessary.  Improves toughness in the trenches on the offensive side of the ball.  

2nd Round: Pat Friermuth, TE Penn St. -  "Baby Gronk" brings good after the catch ability with his physical running style. He teams with Logan Thomas to give Washington a formidable TE duo.

3rd Round: Davis Mills, QB Stanford - With two 3rd Round picks, Washington decides to take a flyer on a potential QB of the future.  Some scouts feel that Mills may be amongst the most pro ready  QB's in the draft coming from an established and well respected system at Stanford.  Mills has protypical size, pro traits and will have an opportunity to develop and learn for a year or two behind Ryan Fitzpatrick.  

3rd Round: Cade Johnson, WR, South Dakota State - This Jack Rabbit impressed at the Senion Bowl against more highly rated competition and made a name for himself. He posted the best scores in one on one drills at the Senior Bowl.  He has the skills and quickness to challenge for and upgrade the WR 3 spot behind very solid receivers Terry McLaughin and free agent acquisition Curtis Samuel to give the Washington Wide Receiving Core an infusion of playmaking ability.  

4th Round: Royce Newman, OG Ole Miss - A nice guard prospect who use his brains more than brawn to take proper angles to turn and seal off defenders in the run game. Very savy player who plays like a NFL veteran. Provides solid depth with a chance to battle for a starting position depending on how Washington's negotiations with All Pro Tackle Scherff goes.   

5th Round: Monty Rice, LB Georgia- Linebacker who is coming off a season ending injury but positioned himself to participate in his Pro Day and seems ready to contribute at the next level.  Pretty good against the run and solid in coverage.  Size limitations may be a challenge and has some difficulty getting off blocks.  Could play Will Backer initially and potentially be a furute replacement for Bostic at Middle Linebacker if he develops at the next level.

Overall, I think I did a good job addressing WFT most critical needs. I would have liked to maybe grab a linebacker in an earlier round.  I like Jabrill Cox in the 3rd and was hoping Barnes would drop into the 5th round.  But I got a solid developmental guy in Rice in the 5th.  My intention was to continue to throw a couple more darts at building depth on the defense in the 7th round.   My main focus though was on improving the Washington offense.  Their defense is already very formidable and amongst the top defenses in the NFL.  Now the offense has more toughness on the Oline and more options at TE and WR to put up more points and make the team more competitive against some of the better teams in the league.  

You did a great job. Dan Snyder would be smart to hire you. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope to see all of you on the draft day thread. Do you guys follow the draft live?

I've been following the draft since my early 20s. I missed a few years. I always wanted to go to Radio City to watch it live but never got around to it. I did go to Giants Stadium (or maybe it was Met Life Stadium) to watch the first round in 2014. I left after the Odell Beckham pick. (My friend was a Giants fan and we wanted to leave after that.) I got home just in time to see Teddy Bridgewater being drafted. I loved that kid. I was so happy.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You did a great job. Dan Snyder would be smart to hire you. 

Thanks.  I think a lot of us did well!  It would be cool to see some of the other team draft recaps after things conclude.  I can say after this experience, I am looking even more forward to the actual draft and to see how close or far off some of us were with our picks for various teams. 

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Thanks.  I think a lot of us did well!  It would be cool to see some of the other team draft recaps after things conclude.  I can say after this experience, I am looking even more forward to the actual draft and to see how close or far off some of us were with our picks for various teams. 

You should participate in the Dr. T draft contest (I think that is what it is called.)

(I am starting to feel like I work for this forum. Lol.)

I have to leave soon too, as I have to work early in the morning. @RNGDShobby, will you make the picks? If not, I can. 

Good night everyone.  Signing off for the night.  It's been really fun.  Appreciate everyone who made this possible and who participated.  Looking forward to the start of the actual draft in a couple of days and conversing on the forum with everyone.  God bless!

2 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

Falcons select;

Will Bradley-King, EDGE, Baylor
Michael Carter II, CB, Duke

49ers select;

Sam Ehlinger, QB, Texas

I was reading about Michael Carter. I want the Vikes to use one of their many later picks on him.

Round 5 Final

145) Jacksonville Jaguars @chad72 --  Andre Cisco  SYRACUSE  6.10    SAF
146) New York Jets @Archer -- Marco Wilson  FLORIDA  5.96    CB
147) Houston Texans @Qwiz or CP -- Anthony Schwartz  AUBURN  6.00    WR
148) Atlanta Falcons @jvan1973 -- Noah Gray  DUKE  5.87    TE
149) Cincinnati Bengals @stitches -- Marvin Wilson  FLORIDA STATE  5.96    DT
150) Philadelphia Eagles @Defjamz26 -- Brevin Jordan  MIAMI (FLA.)  5.95    TE
151) Carolina Panthers @MPStack -- D'ante Smith  EAST CAROLINA  5.93    OT
152) Denver Broncos @ColtsGermany -- Shaun Wade  OHIO STATE  5.99    CB
153) Detroit Lions @RNGDShobby --  Janarius Robinson  FLORIDA STATE  5.94    EDGE
154) New York Jets (from New York Giants) @Archer -- Garret Wallow  TCU  5.80    LB

155) San Francisco 49ers @BProland85 -- Tommy Doyle  MIAMI (OHIO)  5.93    OT
156) Chiefs from (Miami Dolphins via Cowboys via Philadelphia Eagles) @danlhart87 Ihmir Smith-Marsette  IOWA  WR
157) Minnesota Vikings @luv_pony_express -- Jamie Newman  WAKE FOREST  6.00    QB 
158) Houston Texans (from New England Patriots) @Qwiz or CP -- Michal Menet  PENN STATE  6.16    C 
159) Los Angeles Chargers @PRnum1 -- Jared Hocker  TEXAS A&M  6.10    G
160) Arizona Cardinals @JoeThornburg -- Jaelon Darden  NORTH TEXAS  5.83    WR
161) Buffalo Bills (from Las Vegas Raiders)  - CP -- Rashad Weaver  PITTSBURGH  5.98    DE
162) Las Vegas Raiders (from Miami Dolphins) - CP Wyatt Hubert, DE, Kansas State
163) Washington Football Team @Coltsman1788 -- Monty Rice  GEORGIA  5.94    LB
164) Chicago Bears - CP -- Brenden Jaimes  NEBRASKA  5.98    OT

165) Cleveland Browns from Indianapolis Colts) @RNGDShobby -- Tyree Gillespie  MISSOURI  6.12    SAF
166) Tennessee Titans @Jared Cisneros -- Marlon Tuipulotu  USC  5.95    DT
167) Las Vegas Raiders (from Seattle Seahawks) - CP -- Jamien Sherwood  AUBURN  6.00    SAF
168) Vikings (from Steelers through Ravens) - @luv_pony_express --Buddy Johnson  TEXAS A&M  LB
169) Cleveland Browns (from Los Angeles Rams) @RNGDShobby -- Cam Sample  TULANE  6.00    DT
170) Jacksonville Jaguars (from Cleveland Browns) @chad72 -- Alaric Jackson  IOWA  5.87    OT
171) Baltimore Ravens @JediXMan -- Demetric Felton  UCLA  6.12  WR
172) San Francisco 49ers (from New Orleans Saints) @BProland85  -- Sage Surratt  WAKE FOREST  WR 
173) Green Bay Packers @DiogoSales -- Quinton Bohanna  KENTUCKY  5.88    DT
174) Buffalo Bills - CP Rhamondre Stevenson  OKLAHOMA  6.11    RB

175) Tennessee Titans (from Kansas City Chiefs) @Jared Cisneros -- Trill Williams  SYRACUSE  SAF
176) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @jvan1973 -- Larry Rountree Iii  MISSOURI  6.10    RB
177) New England Patriots (comp) CP -- Caden Sterns  TEXAS  5.98    SAF
178) Green Bay Packers (comp) @DiogoSales -- Simi Fehoko  STANFORD  5.93    WR
179) Dallas Cowboys (comp) @luv_pony_express -- Jacoby Stevens  LSU  5.69    SAF    
180) San Francisco 49ers (comp) @BProland85 -- Sam Ehlinger  TEXAS  5.90    QB
181) Kansas City Chiefs (comp) @danlhart87 Quincy Roche  MIAMI (FLA.)  EDGE
182) Atlanta Falcons (comp) @jvan1973 -- Will Bradley-King  BAYLOR  5.90    EDGE
183) Atlanta Falcons (comp) @jvan1973 -- Michael Carter Ii  DUKE  5.94    CB
184) Baltimore Ravens (comp) @JediXMan 1100 Will Sherman  COLORADO  OT

• NFLfan unpinned this topic

Archived