Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Flash Mock: Round 5

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm fine either way. You guys are doing all the work. I'm just picking for my team. I understand it's a lot of work and I appreciate it. If you want to do another round, I'm in, if you want to end it tonight, I'm fine with that too.

I am unavailable tomorrow. If @EastStreet is unavailable too, I think it makes sense to end things with Round 5, to be honest.

I'm popping in briefly. Things going good?

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am unavailable tomorrow. If @EastStreet is unavailable too, I think it makes sense to end things with Round 5, to be honest.

I'm tied up till at min 9pm through Wednesday at least. I'm just hoping to be be free for the actual draft at this point lol.

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Derrick Barnes was already picked in the 4th Round by Green Bay.

You're really into this. :)Since you have no picks tomorrow, would you like to substitute as Commish for a night if both EastStreet and Chad are unavailable?

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

You're really into this. :)Since you have no picks tomorrow, would you like to substitute as Commish for a night if both EastStreet and Chad are unavailable?

I knew that because I had my eye on him myself at an earlier point in the draft.  Linebacker was the thorn in my side for this draft.  lol

Thanks for the offer but I have to tap out on that one.  lol  I know that what you guys do takes a lot and I really appreciate you, Chad72 and EastStreet!  I prepare well for my team and I know my Colts but I'm not well versed enough to make picks for teams I'm not as familiar with.  I'm just happy to have been a participant in my first Gavin draft.  If you guys need to end after tonight.  I'm good.  I finally got a linebacker that I targeted after getting sniped in earlier rounds.  So I addressed my team's most critical needs.  lol 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I knew that because I had my eye on him myself at an earlier point in the draft.  Linebacker was the thorn in my side for this draft.  lol

Thanks for the offer but I have to tap out on that one.  lol  I know that what you guys do takes a lot and I really appreciate you, Chad72 and EastStreet!  I prepare well for my team and I know my Colts but I'm not well versed enough to make picks for teams I'm not as familiar with.  I'm just happy to have been a participant in my first Gavin draft.  If you guys need to end after tonight.  I'm good.  I finally got a linebacker that I targeted after getting sniped in earlier rounds.  So I addressed my team's most critical needs.  lol 

That's ok. :thmup: You will be invited again next year.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yes, the time passed, so moving to the mini-break or you can make the pick, your choice. :) 

Since the next 3 are all Commissioner's Picks, I will select for the Vikes. 

The Vikes select Buddy Johnson, LB, Texas A&M

Do you all remember Dustin? He used to do those great scouting reports? I recalled that in 2015, he told everyone that Grady Jarrett would be a very good player. He was right. He wanted Grigson to draft Jarrett.

There was a prospect that he had called "Diggy". Diggy was draft by the Giants but did not play much, IIRC. Well, Diggy's brother is in this draft. 

Osa Odighizuwa, DT, UCLA

Someone has to take a flyer on him.

Last 10 picks of Round 5 (last round of this mock draft):

175) Tennessee Titans (from Kansas City Chiefs) @Jared Cisneros 1015
176) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @jvan1973 1020
177) New England Patriots (comp) CP 1025
178) Green Bay Packers (comp) @DiogoSales 1030
179) Dallas Cowboys (comp) @luv_pony_express 1035
180) San Francisco 49ers (comp) @BProland85 1040
181) Kansas City Chiefs (comp) @danlhart87 1045
182) Atlanta Falcons (comp) @jvan1973 1050
183) Atlanta Falcons (comp) @jvan1973 1055
184) Baltimore Ravens (comp) @JediXMan 1100

Picks for 

Tampa Bay

New England

Packers

Cowboys

49ers

2 picks for Falcons

to be made by commish, I guess.

Here we go:

Tampa Bay selects  Larry Rountree, III, RB, Missouri

New England selects Caden Sterns, S, Texas

Packers select Simi Fehoko, WR, Stanford

Anyone else wants to take a stab at the rest? I need to get to bed. :) 

Since it looks like we are done after tonight and my drafting has concluded here is a recap of my draft selections for Washington.

The Washington Football Team (5 Round Mock Draft Results)

1st Round: Teven Jenkins, OT Okla. St. - Brings nastiness and physicality to the Washington offensive line.  Can play @ RT or moved to LT if necessary.  Improves toughness in the trenches on the offensive side of the ball.  

2nd Round: Pat Friermuth, TE Penn St. -  "Baby Gronk" brings good after the catch ability with his physical running style. He teams with Logan Thomas to give Washington a formidable TE duo.

3rd Round: Davis Mills, QB Stanford - With two 3rd Round picks, Washington decides to take a flyer on a potential QB of the future.  Some scouts feel that Mills may be amongst the most pro ready  QB's in the draft coming from an established and well respected system at Stanford.  Mills has protypical size, pro traits and will have an opportunity to develop and learn for a year or two behind Ryan Fitzpatrick.  

3rd Round: Cade Johnson, WR, South Dakota State - This Jack Rabbit impressed at the Senion Bowl against more highly rated competition and made a name for himself. He posted the best scores in one on one drills at the Senior Bowl.  He has the skills and quickness to challenge for and upgrade the WR 3 spot behind very solid receivers Terry McLaughin and free agent acquisition Curtis Samuel to give the Washington Wide Receiving Core an infusion of playmaking ability.  

4th Round: Royce Newman, OG Ole Miss - A nice guard prospect who use his brains more than brawn to take proper angles to turn and seal off defenders in the run game. Very savy player who plays like a NFL veteran. Provides solid depth with a chance to battle for a starting position depending on how Washington's negotiations with All Pro Tackle Scherff goes.   

5th Round: Monty Rice, LB Georgia- Linebacker who is coming off a season ending injury but positioned himself to participate in his Pro Day and seems ready to contribute at the next level.  Pretty good against the run and solid in coverage.  Size limitations may be a challenge and has some difficulty getting off blocks.  Could play Will Backer initially and potentially be a furute replacement for Bostic at Middle Linebacker if he develops at the next level.

Overall, I think I did a good job addressing WFT most critical needs. I would have liked to maybe grab a linebacker in an earlier round.  I like Jabrill Cox in the 3rd and was hoping Barnes would drop into the 5th round.  But I got a solid developmental guy in Rice in the 5th.  My intention was to continue to throw a couple more darts at building depth on the defense in the 7th round.   My main focus though was on improving the Washington offense.  Their defense is already very formidable and amongst the top defenses in the NFL.  Now the offense has more toughness on the Oline and more options at TE and WR to put up more points and make the team more competitive against some of the better teams in the league.  

Archived