Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft 4.0

Probably going to be the 2nd to last if not the last before draft night.

I 100% believe Ballard is trading down out of the first round and he's probably going to make atleast 2 trades, I know trades are iffy on this forum but I just don't see a way where he doesn't move down.

Love to hear feedback!

Trades: 

#21 (800) for #27 and #94 (804)

Baltimore would be trading up for Rashod Bateman or by chance if DeVonta Smith actually falls

#27 (680) for 42, 76 (690)

NY would be trading up for an EDGE in Paye, Phillips, Oweh or Olujari after picking a WR at 11

R2P42: Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama

R2P54: Pat Freiermuth TE Penn State

R3P76: Paulson Adebo CB Stanford

R3P94: Nico Collins WR Michigan

R4P127: Buddy Johnson LB Texas A&M

R5P165: Shaka Toney EDGE Penn State

R6P206: TJ Slaton IDL Florida

R7P248: Sadarius Hutcherson G South Carolina

Leatherwood is an absolute monster in the run game who will lay people out and keep going. Him and Quenton on the leftside for years to come would appoint the left side as a dominant run duo. He's good in pass protection and with work on his technique and footwork, he's going to be a great blindside blocker for whoever is at QB.

Freiermuth has great route running skills, he's a monster in the redzone, and he's got the nickname Baby Gronk. He can line up all over the field, has a great IQ, and is a willing blocker with room for improvement. This team desperately needs playmakers on the offense and Pat would fit out O perfectly. He's the TE we need considering Doyle is retiring, and MAC has his limits.

Adebo fits every scheme, he's long and big, is a ballhawk playmaker, and fits our defense perfectly considering he's at his best on the boundaries and in zone. He's got speed to keep up with just about every receiver, and he's a willing tackler in the run game, and can rush off the edge ala Moore.

Collins is a gem in a class of stacked talent at WR. He'd be the perfect outside receiver opposite of Pittman and is a fantastic deep threat option. He'll win 50-50 balls and his size and ability at the catch point is really good. Route running and breaking off of man and press needs work but I think he'll be a stud. 

Johnson is an unknown to most but I do think he's going to go within the first 4 rounds. He's a team captain at App State, he's got experience inside and outside as a backer, and has improved drastically every year in college. Pass coverage is something he'll need to work on at the next level

Toney is an absolute speed freak pass rush designate off the edge that I think can be a good late round add to this team. I don't see enough talent in edge after R1 and rather than using a 2-3 on a developmental edge I figured we'd add a guy whose only job in college was to get after the QB. He's often outplayed his fellow Penn State teammates in Jayson Oweh and Yetur Gross-Matos and with the right development I think Toney can be a great NFL pass rusher.

Slaton is going to be interior depth along the DL. He's an absolutely massive player at 6'4" and 330 and moves great at his size. He's more of a hustle and power player than a technique but he would have a chance to earn snaps over a period of time.

Hutcherson would be brought in as OL depth and a camp body with an opportunity to crack the 53 as a bench guard. He's got good size and he's a very strong player.

47 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Trades: 

#21 (800) for #27 and #94 (804)

Baltimore would be trading up for Rashod Bateman or by chance if DeVonta Smith actually falls

If Smith is sitting at 21 you don't make that trade.  Guy is Marvin Harrison 2.0.  You make the pick and enjoy the spoils for the next 10+ years.

8 minutes ago, polk_high_allstar said:

If Smith is sitting at 21 you don't make that trade.  Guy is Marvin Harrison 2.0.  You make the pick and enjoy the spoils for the next 10+ years.

I just don’t see it but I agree with you if smith is still there at 21 you run the draft selection in and take Smith and figure out other ways to address other needs.

7 hours ago, polk_high_allstar said:

I don't agree with the comparison but I wouldn't be opposed to taking him at 21

Archived