Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts most rumored interest in Paye and Jenkins

I think they would definitely take Paye if he falls to 21.  I don't think they have the draft capital to move up to get him though.  Can't give up 54.  This is the "Luck" Ballard talks about.  

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Man you beat me to it. I was just going to say that the popular pick for the Colts at 21 is now Paye. I don’t think you can get him in a trade down though.

if he there you definitely take him 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

if he there you definitely take him 

If you land Paye in the 1st and then get a LT in a second, I’m fine with not having a 3rd round pick in that scenario. CB and TE can wait if it means your going to get a top 5 edge prospect and and a high quality LT who may need some development.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was just looking at Payes stats. Yeah he should be taken if there at 21. With 5 QB taken early he will fall some.  

In my opinion if we come out of the draft with a edge like Paye and a starting LT it will be a huge success. We don’t have any other glaring needs. It would just be luxery picks.  Not immediate needs.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

If you land Paye in the 1st and then get a LT in a second, I’m fine with not having a 3rd round pick in that scenario. CB and TE can wait if it means your going to get a top 5 edge prospect and and a high quality LT who may need some development.

Wonder what it would take to trade up in the second to make sure we dont lose out on a tackle at 54.

Let’s remember also we did sign two Tackles with experience. Plus there is also the option of moving Nelson or smith.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Wonder what it would take to trade up in the second to make sure we dont lose out on a tackle at 54.

Depends on how much you want to trade up. 3-5 spots a 5th rounder, 10-15 probably our 4th rounder.  Just depends how high you want to move up in the 2nd round.

• Like 1

Go too Horseshoe ck out articles colts love OG/C Minerez. OT Brown 6.8 over 300 with best ras numbers unbelieveable! Colts love him had several virtual meetings! You can put him in LT. Shows depth in OL. We will see ill be basket case until out turn. If Paye or Jenkins are their and we don't take either! I will lose it !

I want Paye you can't pass him up. I feel their are OT you can draft that will be all pros they do this right we could have all pros every position on line or close too it. Braden not making pro bowls is a travesty !!!

• Like 1

OT is deep this draft, as is DE. It might be better to see if we can get two 2nd round picks for our 1st. We'd get a quality OT, DE and CB in the 2nd round..

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm calling it right now 

If Jenkins Paye or Newsome are all gone he will trade down 

If all 3 somehow make it well who knows 

Ballard be like

overwhelmed choices GIF

Replace Darrisaw with Newsome and we agree 100% on those 3

An attempt at a trade would occur

2 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

OT is deep this draft, as is DE. It might be better to see if we can get two 2nd round picks for our 1st. We'd get a quality OT, DE and CB in the 2nd round..

DE isn't that deep 

• Thanks 2
43 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Let’s remember also we did sign two Tackles with experience. Plus there is also the option of moving Nelson or smith.

If we take Paye, my bet is that we watch how the OT run is going in mid 2nd round

If it looks like the round 2 guys are going fast, I bet we do try to trade up

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Replace Darrisaw with Newsome and we agree 100% on those 3

An attempt at a trade would occur

Darrisaw physical ability is a slam dunk 1st round pick but I’ve heard he doesn’t have the drive or work ethic and I wouldn’t take him if that is true.  

31 minutes ago, coltsfan40 said:

Go too Horseshoe ck out articles colts love OG/C Minerez. OT Brown 6.8 over 300 with best ras numbers unbelieveable! Colts love him had several virtual meetings! You can put him in LT. Shows depth in OL. We will see ill be basket case until out turn. If Paye or Jenkins are their and we don't take either! I will lose it !

paye at 21 and brown at 54 would be awesome 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm calling it right now 

If Jenkins Paye or Newsome are all gone he will trade down 

If all 3 somehow make it well who knows 

Ballard be like

overwhelmed choices GIF

Then you try to trade back 2 spaces xD

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Id be ok end up with two twos and 3rd maybe w extra 4th rd.

I really hope Paye is gone before the Colts pick. I think he he has bust written all over him after seeing his lack of production in college and his lack of length. 

I would much prefer a pass rusher like Jaelen Philips or Azeez Ojulari who have better pure pass rush ability and better natural instincts. 

33 inch arms isn’t a negative; nor is a 4.5 40 time and basically crushing your pro day numbers. Paye’s measurements are rock solid. 

Lots of OTs will be gone by 54.  Unless you want nonathletic guys with alligator arms like Eich and Mayfield.

There is always the possibility that Walker Little will be there.

Spencer Brown will be gone by then. Unless his injury history (misses games with dings, so goes the rumor) scares off teams, which if it does, we should be concerned too.

21 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I really hope Paye is gone before the Colts pick. I think he he has bust written all over him after seeing his lack of production in college and his lack of length. 

I would much prefer a pass rusher like Jaelen Philips or Azeez Ojulari who have better pure pass rush ability and better natural instincts. 

He has 6.5 sacks in 2019. He only played 4 games in 2020. Michigan only played 7 games so I don’t know if he got injured or what. 6.5 sacks I. 12 games is pretty dang good. He is probably more of a houston type rusher then a speed rusher 

I looked at that so if that's case so be it Colts will do their work. So that said with so many that talk good be something about him has to be a lot their. OT ID Like Jenkins,Cosmo Darrisaw be gone. I like Georgia Algeez and their corner stokes 4.25 40 great pro day

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

What are people's thoughts on this?

Ravens trade 27 and 94 for 21

They move up to get OT/WR at 21

They then take whatever they didn't at 31

I think its reasonable that the Ravens want a particular WR.  If Waddle is available I'd wager that trade has a good chance.  Especially since they acquired a 3rd and a 4th as ammo in a trade.

But, they also now need a RT, and there is a difference in what could be available at 27 and 31.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Lots of OTs will be gone by 54.  Unless you want nonathletic guys with alligator arms like Eich and Mayfield.

There is always the possibility that Walker Little will be there.

Spencer Brown will be gone by then. Unless his injury history (misses games with dings, so goes the rumor) scares off teams, which if it does, we should be concerned too.

If Colts take him you no its not any kind issue. I like Brown a lot. I like Cosmi too in a trade down maybe. It depends on colts draft. Board.

1 minute ago, coltsfan40 said:

If Colts take him you no its not any kind issue. I like Brown a lot. I like Cosmi too in a trade down maybe. It depends on colts draft. Board.

But I don't think Ballard has any special insight into these things more than any other NFL staff.  If Brown's injury history is not a concern for Ballard, then its probably not a concern for 25 other GMs.  Which is why I said if we want him, (IOW, if he's good enough to be wanted) he'll probably be gone by 54.

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think its reasonable that the Ravens want a particular WR.  If Waddle is available I'd wager that trade has a good chance.  Especially since they acquired a 3rd and a 4th as ammo in a trade.

But, they also now need a RT, and there is a difference in what could be available at 27 and 31.

They also need EDGE too with Judon leaving 

Don't rule out a trade up for Ojulari 

It would be smart too for them cause Titans would definitely consider Azeez at 22

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Doesn’t help that Michigan moved him all over the place. They had him lining up in the A gap as a DT often. Not his fault. He’s got length though.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

There is also the option of signing Eric Fisher.  He is only 30 years old.  The two new tackles and Holden could hold the fort until he is ready to step in.  Not saying it's going to happen but It's a possibility if we don't take a LT with 21 and a run starts on LT's before we pick at 54. Not all of the tackles available are good fits at LT.  We really have no ammo to move up significantly.  That's why if we don't take a LT at 21 a trade back that would get us a higher additional second round pick would be my preference to give us a better chance at securing a legitimate LT prospect.  

• Like 3

There's a bunch of LT prospects in this draft. It wont be a killer if we don't get one in Rd 1. There will still be solid prospects there in Rd 2. I think all the top Edge prospects are going to go earlier than expected bc there's not that many of them. Paye may not be there when we pick. I'm hoping he is though.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Wouldn't call OT a need for the Ravens.  Pretty sure they have Villanueva all but locked up.

• Like 1

My issue with Philips is that he sat out 2020, the guy that replaced him produced almost the same stats. To me, that takes away from Phillips and puts it more on the scheme, okay calling or the rest of that D

Philips jumps off the screen more than Paye, but they will never take him.  Something about Philips, physically or whatnot, reminds me of Buckner.

I think Jenkins is the pick.  Makes perfect sense.  Throw another pass rusher into the mix in round 2.   I would re-sign Houston