Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zack Hicks does his final 7-round Colts mock.... (Merge)

This courtesy the Stampede Blue website....

Hicks has done a number of 7 round mocks.    This is his final one.

He makes interesting and somewhat compelling arguments for each player.    I think it's an interesting read.    He also goes as far to add 8 players we'd target as priority free agents right after the draft.    Give him credit,  he did LOTS of homework.    And he's got a good idea of the traits that Ballard likes.    So, I think this is worthy of your time.   A good read, even if you might disagree with some of his picks, which naturally we all will.

Enjoy!!

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/4/22/22396719/zach-hicks-final-2021-colts-mock-draft-udfa-signing-predictions

So I would say that my biggest gripe is how late he took a corner. Even if you believe Ya-Sin can bounce back, Rhodes and Carrie are on 1 years deals and who knows what to expect from Tell after sitting out a year.

You almost have to draft a CB who can play a decent volume of snaps. 

First off.... I would HAVE to question Nico Collins' decision making.....

Its HORRIBLE

He chose University of Michigan.......  Sheeze

He actually might make a decent pro, the Michigan offensive choices are run left, run right, run middle, and then Throw hail mary's at the end of the game trying to come back from being down 4 touchdowns......

He was wasted on the limited offense

Well, since I've been mildly on the Leatherwood band wagon I'd have to say that I like the pick.  And if we can trade down and get him that would be even better.

Elerson Smith, Shemar Jean-Charles and Larnell Coleman have also been on my radar as mid /late round picks, so I'd have to say overall I like what he's done.

Not sure about the Nico Collins pick in round two, while sort of doubling up on the big receiver/TE later.  And the FS is too small, IMO, even though the author is extremely confident the Colts will draft him..

Zach Hicks with Stampede Blue released his Colts draft prediction the other day. Zach does really good draft work for the Colts, IMO. He predicted 2 of the actual Colts picks last year and 1 of their UDFA signings. 

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/4/22/22396719/zach-hicks-final-2021-colts-mock-draft-udfa-signing-predictions

He predicts the Colts trading back from 21 and taking Alex Leatherwood which I can see happening. He also predicts them taking Nico Collins and Jacob Harris. Both seem like good fits for the Colts, and I'm not opposed to either, but I'd be a little surprised to see the Colts take 2 skill position guys. 

36 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Zach Hicks with Stampede Blue released his Colts draft prediction the other day. Zach does really good draft work for the Colts, IMO. He predicted 2 of the actual Colts picks last year and 1 of their UDFA signings. 

He predicts the Colts trading back from 21 and taking Alex Leatherwood which I can see happening. He also predicts them taking Nico Collins and Jacob Harris. Both seem like good fits for the Colts, and I'm not opposed to either, but I'd be a little surprised to see the Colts take 2 skill position guys. 

Thanks for posting this.    And great minds clearly think alike!   One of my favorite posters (guess!) also posted this story yesterday.      So, between you and me,  we should get some good feedback!          :thmup:

• w87r changed the title to Zack Hicks does his final 7-round Colts mock.... (Merge)

Archived