Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Angry Who Is This GIF by Team Coco

It's Liam Eichenberg 100%. They were saying he understands that he may not be able to play LT. Eichenberg is a RT mostly. His coach was telling teams that as well. Jags have interest in Eichenberg 100%. They gave it away. Would bet money on it.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's Liam Eichenberg 100%. They were saying he understands that he may not be able to play LT. Eichenberg is a RT mostly. His coach was telling teams that as well. Jags have interest in Eichenberg 100%. They gave it away. Would bet money on it.

Thats not a guarantee 

Several prospects are projected RTs

It could honestly be a few different options 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Thats not a guarantee 

Several prospects are projected RTs

It could honestly be a few different options 

The only other person it could be is Teven Jenkins at that point, and I'd be surprised if the Jags thought he'd fall to 25. If it was Jenkins, they'd be talking about trading up above the Redskins, Bears, and Colts for him. This is a guy at 25 who is a RT. Trust me on this one. I've done my homework. Eichenberg is projected right around here.

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The only other person it could be is Teven Jenkins at that point, and I'd be surprised if the Jags thought he'd fall to 25. If it was Jenkins, they'd be talking about trading up above the Redskins, Bears, and Colts for him. This is a guy at 25 who is a RT. Trust me on this one. I've done my homework. Eichenberg is projected right around here.

friend homework GIF

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

friend homework GIF

My homework of watching the video, and thinking of every possible scenario of every OT that could go in that area for 15 minutes. My word is the armchair GM bible of the Colts forum. For it shall be written, so it shall be done. Or something to that degree! :) 

• Haha 2

I wouldn’t believe a word a franchise deliberately puts out a week before the draft.

This period of time of year is known as “The Lying Season” and it’s for good reason. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wouldn’t believe a word a franchise deliberately outs out a week before the draft.

This period of time of year is known as “The Lying Season” and it’s for good reason. 

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wouldn’t believe a word a franchise deliberately outs out a week before the draft.

If you don't believe this, then you also shouldn't believe anything that the Colts produce on "with the next pick" in regards to the draft. The video with the Jags is basically their equivalent to to the Colts version of it. Believe both, believe neither, but don't believe one or the other.

49 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If you don't believe this, then you also shouldn't believe anything that the Colts produce on "with the next pick" in regards to the draft. The video with the Jags is basically their equivalent to to the Colts version of it. Believe both, believe neither, but don't believe one or the other.

Jared...    it’s not that I don’t believe what the Colts put out, but here’s what I don’t do.   I don’t look at the pieces and announce with 100 percent certainty that they’re talking about a specific player — like you did with Liam Eichenberg. 

So I don’t jump to conclusions on what the Colts put out.   I don’t say “they’re talking about this player or that player.”   

I accept what the Colts put out because they’ve given me no reason not to.  But, frankly,  they’re not putting out as much as you think they are.  You can imply most anything with clever editing. 

I jumped the gun in the Jags video.  I didn’t know what it was.  I was reacting to your 100 percent certainty that you knew who they were talking about.   That it was fact.   I was trying to offer some cold water to cool off a highly likely wrong guess.  

Believe what you want.  But guessing who a team is talking about based on the edited video is not likely to lead to a correct answer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Mayfield has been similarly projected around there.

2 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Mayfield has been similarly projected around there.

He could, but I've seen him go more around the 2nd round. He had a terrible RAS score and I'd be surprised if he appealed himself to the Jags with that at 25. Believe me, I don't want Mayfield. If he goes at 25 and we trade down from 21, that's who I hope goes at that spot. I just don't see any team interested in him that early. I see him more as a 2nd rounder. He hurt his stock a bit. The only thing that does make sense is he's a RT and can play G. He can also be used as a LT as well though. Want it to be him, don't think it is.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

Teven Jenkins is my guess.

Disagree. The big problem with the Teven Jenkins guess is you're assuming that the Jags think he'll make it to 25. What are the real odds of that? Lets break it down, shall we. Darrisaw will probably go around 13 to the Chargers, 14 to the Vikings, or 17 to the Raiders. After that, Jenkins is the next OT off the board. To get to the Jags at 25, he has to get past the Redskins at 19, the Bears at 20, the Colts at 21, and the Steelers at 24. That's not happening. Sure, they could trade up, but they were talking about if a certain OT was at 25 they'd take him. Jenkins fits the bill as a RT, and maybe he understands he can't play LT (haven't heard that), but Jenkins is a square peg in a round hole here. Eichenberg is likely to fall to 25, and the Jags could definitely take him if he fell. He fits everything they say.

Eichenberg has alligator arms, as does Mayfield, and neither did well on RAS.  Nobody is giving a first round pick for these guys. 

Pick 33 maybe, but not 25....they would only be bidding against themselves and should wait for either to fall out of the first round.