Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are yours?

Trade down predictions......

Colts trade #21 (800 pts) for the Jags #25 (720 pts) & #106 (82 pts) This trade still nets the Colts a 1st rnd pick, and a mid-high 4th rnd'r     2 pt and 1 pick gain

Colts trade #21 (800 pts) & #127 (45 pts) for the Jags # 33 (580 pts) & # 65 (265 pts) This trade loses the Colts a 1st rd pick, but gets them the highest 2nd and 3rd rd pick. = but higher value picks

Colts trade #21 (800 pts) & #206 (10 pts) for the Saints #28 (660 pts), #98 (108 pts), and #133 (39.5 points) 2.5 pt loss, 1 pick gain

• Like 1

Thoughts.....  

I’d say this about Ballard trading down,  I believe Ballard tries to gain one (or more) picks than he gives up.   So...   if he’s trading one pick, he’s getting two.   If he’s trading two, he’s getting back 3.   He’s rarely trading two for two.   So I doubt he’s trading two for two in a draft where we start with only six picks.   We need to gain picks on each trade we make.  

You offered three scenarios.   Not sure why you only listed three, when we did this back in Feb,  I think we had like 8 or 9 possible trade backs.   Maybe more.   Just saying there are more possibilities.  

Two of the three scenarios you offer are with a divisional rival.   I don’t see us trading with the Jags.   Or, put another way, I don’t see the Jags trading with the Colts.  

So, it looks like I’m voting strongly for the Saints trade!     :thmup:

All that said...   I completely respect how hard you worked to try and make the trades as close to equal as possible.   Way too many posters don’t even try.   I see trades where the Colts gain 140 points or 75 points.  Amounts that aren’t even close to being realistic.   So props to you! 

Personally, my guess is unless Ballard’s dream player falls to the Colts at 21 (and I don’t know who that would be?) I think CB trades back in the first to try and get a 3 this year.   And we might even get a 4 or 5 next year.   I also would not be surprised to see the Colts try to trade back from 54.   Perhaps 7-10 spots to get an additional 4 this year.    If we do those deals, we will have at least 8 picks this year and an extra pick next year.   That would be a successful draft. 

• Like 3

How about trading with our good friends the Jets?  We trade 21(800pts) for their pick 34 2nd rd (560pts) pick 86 3rd rd (160pts) and pick 107 4th rd (80pts).  Total pts. equal 800 both sides.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

How about trading with our good friends the Jets?  We trade 21(800pts) for their pick 34 2nd rd (560pts) pick 86 3rd rd (160pts) and pick 107 4th rd (80pts).  Total pts. equal 800 both sides.  

How about we figure out who the Jets want at 23, and make them trade up two spots to get him. I know the Jets love Newsome. Tell them if they want him, give us a 5th and 6th round pick to move up from 23 to 21. 23, 154 and 186 to move up to 21.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

How about we figure out who the Jets want at 23, and make them trade up two spots to get him. I know the Jets love Newsome. Tell them if they want him, give us a 5th and 6th round pick to move up from 23 to 21. 23, 154 and 186 to move up to 21.

i could care less about 5th and 6th rd picks.  I would rather have 2nd and 3rd rd picks.  

• Confused 1
Just now, richard pallo said:

i could care less about 5th and 6th rd picks.  I would rather have 2nd and 3rd rd picks.  

Funny you say that with Ballard, we could get two decent players with that without missing out on our player. We'd have to drop a lot to get a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation draft-pick wise.

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Wow!    That’s genius!    Who would have guessed a fan might prefer 2nd and 3rd round picks over 5th and 6th round?!?

I wonder if Ballard shares that view?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wow!    That’s genius!    Who would have guessed a fan might prefer 2nd and 3rd round picks over 5th and 6th round?!?

I wonder if Ballard shares that view?

Well I did have to explain it to Jared.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Well I did have to explain it to Jared.

Not really. You're just making a fool of yourself. You pretend like Ballard is bad late in the draft and we have a luxury of picks. I don't want to move out of the first round if we don't have too. Late picks are still picks. To move down 2 spots, get your guy, and get a 5th and 6th round pick is a victory. You have no idea what you are talking about.

To not care about 5th and 6th round picks with a GM like Ballard makes any draft opinions you have invalid.

• Haha 1

I think the value in this draft is between picks 33 and 60.  If we could trade down to the bottom of the first, then again to the top of the second, it would be sweet.

First round is for playmakers, and I don't see a great deal of talent at 21 that would be worth giving up potentially two additional draft picks. 

• Like 2

Trade 1: Pick No.21 (800) for Pick No.27 with Ravens (680) plus Pick No.104 (86) plus Pick No.131 (41) - exchange 1st, plus compensatory 3rd and 4th

Trade 2: Pick No.27 (680) with Detroit Lions (all QBs went out of striking distance in Round 1 and they want the 5th year option on a rookie QB) for 2nd round Pick No.41 (490) and 3rd round Pick No.72 (230) giving us a little extra because they are making us drop 14 spots and out of the first round

Would that give us enough picks (two 2nd rounders, two 3rd rounders and two 4th rounders)??? :) 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Trade 1: Pick No.21 (800) for Pick No.27 with Ravens (680) plus Pick No.104 (86) plus Pick No.131 (41) - exchange 1st, plus compensatory 3rd and 4th

Trade 2: Pick No.27 (680) with Detroit Lions (all QBs went out of striking distance in Round 1 and they want the 5th year option on a rookie QB) for 2nd round Pick No.41 (490) and 3rd round Pick No.72 (230) giving us a little extra because they are making us drop 14 spots and out of the first round

Would that give us enough picks (two 2nd rounders, two 3rd rounders and two 4th rounders)??? :) 

That works. This draft is deep. We could do a lot with all those picks! :) :thmup:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That works. This draft is deep. We could do a lot with all those picks! :) :thmup:

Knowing Ballard though, like he did with the Redskins, he could get a future 2nd from Detroit Lions instead of their current 3rd. That is how that man rolls. :) 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Knowing Ballard though, like he did with the Redskins, he could get a future 2nd from Detroit Lions instead of their current 3rd. That is how that man rolls. :) 

Yeah, it'd probably end up being a top 40 pick. Detroit would do it because they have extra 1st round picks in 2022 and 2023. So it'd be a win-win for both teams. Wouldn't mind pulling the trigger! :) 

• Like 1

I didn't look at any trade chart values so I'm just winging it for amusement only. :D

Trade our 2021 #21 with dolphins for their 1st in 2022  & 2nd rounder in 2021.

Trade our 2021 #54 to Jets for their 1st rounder in 2022.

Trade partners (Dolphins, Jets) can be substituted for others if it makes more sense BUT making sense is less fun.

:funny:

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

This is the one I'm hoping for.  Think we would get a great haul of players in this draft.

My biggest question about trading out of the 1st round is how much do teams value that 5th year team option.  If you look at the trade chart the difference between the last pick in the 1st and the first pick in the 2nd is only 10 points.  Knowing you have the ability to keep a player for an extra year if you can't work out a contract extension is huge. 

Look at Big Q.  We can get him for that 5th year for only $13.75m.  Give teams a lot of flexibility to get their contacts under control.  A guy like Leonard we have to figure it out way quicker and either have to tag him or break the bank with an extension.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Love this scenario.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TonyBungee said:

Would you trade 21 to Eagles for 37 & Ertz?

No.  But the Eagles pick 37 might be my final target to settle.  I'd like to trade down once before that if possible.

If we get Ertz, it will be from a separate transaction, IMO.

There are a few decent options

NO has some picks I would like - Keeps us in the 1st (5 year option)

GB has some picks I would like - Keeps us in the 1st 

NYJ SEEM to LIKE to trade with us as mentioned

I FULLY expect a trade back, especially if  Darrisaw or Paye (And maybe Jenkins) are gone

I think we covered EVERY scenario that might happen in the past 3 months......  C'MON DRAFT!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TonyBungee said:

Would you trade 21 to Eagles for 37 & Ertz?

No.   Not with a gun to my head.

I like Ertz.    He's a Stanford kid and he's talented.    But he's also toward the twilight of his career and has been

injury prone the last few years.     So, he's not worth the 16 pick difference for dropping that far back. 

If we'd consider something like this,  it would be our 21 for the Eagles 37, plus one of their third round picks,  70 or 84,  plus Ertz.     The haggling would be over which 3rd round pick.   70 fits right if you think Ertz is only worth a 5.  84 only works if you think Ertz is worth a 4.     I seriously doubt the Colts think Ertz is worth a 4.

Just thinking out loud....

• Like 4
1 hour ago, funktacious2 said:

We have them throw in some Danimals Yogurt and those animal crackers you dunk in icing and we call it a deal.

That or a "Good" milking cow. 

• Like 1
On 4/22/2021 at 8:06 PM, Four2itus said:

What are yours?

Trade down predictions......

Colts trade #21 (800 pts) for the Jags #25 (72 0 pts) & #106 (82 pts) This trade still nets the Colts a 1st rnd pick, and a mid-high 4th rnd'r     2 pt and 1 pick gain

Colts trade #21 (800 pts) & #127 (45 pts) for the Jags # 33 (580 pts) & # 65 (265 pts) This trade loses the Colts a 1st rd pick, but gets them the highest 2nd and 3rd rd pick. = but higher value picks

Colts trade #21 (800 pts) & #206 (10 pts) for the Saints #28 (660 pts), #98 (108 pts), and #133 (39.5 points) 2.5 pt loss, 1 pick gain

Is there a major drop off in point value from the first round to second because of the 5th year option?   Just wondering, if you happen to know 

43 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Is there a major drop off in point value from the first round to second because of the 5th year option?   Just wondering, if you happen to know 

Don't know...