Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Flash Mock: Round 3

We're at the break.

When we return for session 3, the Dolphins will continue to dominate the draft :banana:

-----------session 3----------
81) Miami Dolphins 9:00 @EastStreet
82) Washington Football Team 9:05 @Coltsman1788 on deck 905-910
83) Chicago Bears 9:10 Commissioner's pick EastStreet 
84) Philadelphia Eagles (from Indianapolis Colts) 9:15 @Defjamz26
85) Tennessee Titans 9:20 @Jared Cisneros
86) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks) 9:25 @Archer
87) Pittsburgh Steelers 9:30 @JoeThornburg
88) Los Angeles Rams 9:35 Commissioner's pick @chad72

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You mean 8:45 pm ET, right?

yup. good catch

1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

Awesome ! Thanks for filling in !

you got it!

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Poor @chad72is the GM for like half the teams

bet he's tired 

both of us are making picks left and right lol. Chad is getting the worst of it tonight :-)

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Paye is solid but isnt as good of pass rusher as Jaelan Phillips. Trey Smith if im thinking of the right guy was projected 1st but then got hurt i think  .

Talked to several people on reddit and most think Vikings biggest need is IOL.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Tell me about Kwity Paye and Trey Smith?

Paye is freak and considered by most to be the best Edge. Didn't have the sacks in the shortened season, but definitely looks good on film.

Smith has the body and power to be elite, but needs some technique training, and a firm hand by the OL coach. Probably an up and down year 1, but if he works hard, he'll be very good IMO>

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Paye is freak and considered by most to be the best Edge. Didn't have the sacks in the shortened season, but definitely looks good on film.

Smith has the body and power to be elite, but needs some technique training, and a firm hand by the OL coach. Probably an up and down year 1, but if he works hard, he'll be very good IMO>

Yep Yes GIF by zoefannet

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Smith has the body and power to be elite, but needs some technique training, and a firm hand by the OL coach. Probably an up and down year 1, but if he works hard, he'll be very good IMO

Thanks. Sounds a bit like TJ Clemmings when he was in the draft. 

I look forward to next weeks draft talk. We should have a robust Draft Day thread and Chat.

Close to mid-way of the Third Round:

65) Kansas City (via Jags) 7:00  @danlhart87 Kelvin Joseph  KENTUCKY   CB 
66) New York Jets 7:05 @Archer Dillon Radunz  NORTH DAKOTA STATE    OT 

67) Houston Texans 7:10 @Qwiz  Robert Rochell  CENTRAL ARKANSAS   CB  
68) Atlanta Falcons 7:15@jvan1973  Dayo Odeyingbo  VANDERBILT  EDGE  
69) Cincinnati Bengals 7:20 @stitches  Walker Little  STANFORD   OT  

70) Philadelphia Eagles 7:25 @Defjamz26 Jabril Cox  LSU  LB
71) Denver Broncos 7:30 @ColtsGermany Elijah Molden  WASHINGTON  6.25    CB    
72) Detroit Lions 7:35 @RNGDShobby  Jamar Johnson  INDIANA  6.30    SAF  
73) Carolina Panthers 7:50 @MPStack Pete Werner  OHIO STATE     LB
74) Washington Football Team (from 49ers) 7:55 @Coltsman1788 Davis Mills  STANFORD     QB
75) Dallas Cowboys 8:00 @luv_pony_express Stone Forsythe  FLORIDA  OT    
76) New York Giants 8:05 @DiogoSales Dylan Moses  ALABAMA  6.21    LB

77) Los Angeles Charger 8:10 @PRnum1 Shakur Brown  MICHIGAN STATE  CB 
78) Minnesota Vikings 8:15 @luv_pony_express Trey Smith  TENNESSEE     G  
79) Giants via Las Vegas Raiders (from Cardinals) 8:20 @DiogoSales Benjamin St-Juste  MINNESOTA  CB
80) Giants via Las Vegas Raiders 8:25 @DiogoSales Deonte Brown  ALABAMA   G  

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. Sounds a bit like TJ Clemmings when he was in the draft. 

I look forward to next weeks draft talk. We should have a robust Draft Day thread and Chat.

Overall, Smith will get a lot of buzz. He had some blood clot issues 2 years ago I think (all is OK now), but somebody will grab him. He was a very high regarded recruit coming out of HS.

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Just in case who can I PM my pick too just in case I can’t make it? Pretty sure I can though

Either Chad or I. 

COLTS MAKING MOVES!!

Yep, the Indianapolis Colts just traded up 10 slots with their eyes locked on a prospect they love! This player was projected as a late-first, early-second round prospect, though a poor showing at his pro-day made his stock plummet. Regardless, the team has a desperate need at this position, and this prospect is the last of a tier at his position before a major drop off. Thus, the trade-up, and now with the pick!

With the 81st pick in our Flash Mock Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select:

Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan

Mayfield is a prospect with a ton of untapped potential and massive upside. Despite mainly playing RT in college, Mayfield has all the physical tools to make the transition to the left side and take over for the retired Anthony Castonzo. While Mayfield is still raw, having only started 15 total games in college, he made massive strides in each consecutive season, and looks like he's a good coach away from star status. Remember, Mayfield was just about the only tackle to neutralize Chase Young in 2019, and now he comes to the league with a chip on his shoulder and a lot to prove.

What do you think, Colts Fans? I know many of you were wanting me to go OT and EDGE in the first two rounds, so how do you like the draft now that we have both slots filled while also getting a new Alpha target in Terrace Marshall Jr.?

Colts Draft So Far:

Round 1, Pick 26: Terrace Marshall Jr, WR, LSU

Round 2, Pick, 54: Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami (FL)

Round 3, Pick 81: Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

COLTS MAKING MOVES!!

Yep, the Indianapolis Colts just traded up 10 slots with their eyes locked on a prospect they love! This player was projected as a late-first, early-second round prospect, though a poor showing at his pro-day made his stock plummet. Regardless, the team has a desperate need at this position, and this prospect is the last of a tier at his position before a major drop off. Thus, the trade-up, and now with the pick!

Mayfield is a prospect with a ton of untapped potential and massive upside. Despite mainly playing RT in college, Mayfield has all the physical tools to make the transition to the left side and take over for the retired Anthony Castonzo. While Mayfield is still raw, having only started 15 total games in college, he made massive strides in each consecutive season, and looks like he's a good coach away from star status. Remember, Mayfield was just about the only tackle to neutralize Chase Young in 2019, and now he comes to the league with a chip on his shoulder and a lot to prove.

What do you think, Colts Fans? I know many of you were wanting me to go OT and EDGE in the first two rounds, so how do you like the draft now that we have both slots filled while also getting a new Alpha target in Terrace Marshall Jr.?

Colts Draft So Far:

I really like it and thanks for not sniping me. :D

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

COLTS MAKING MOVES!!

Colts Draft So Far:

Not a fan his RAS was awful and I know Ballard is a stickler for guys with high RAS scores.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Not a fan his RAS was awful and I know Ballard is a stickler for guys with high RAS scores.

Fair enough, but I do think he has all the tools to be a major success, despite the RAS. Besides, if I didn't take an OT here, I wouldn't hear the end of it from the forum! haha 

4 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Fair enough, but I do think he has all the tools to be a major success, despite the RAS. Besides, if I didn't take an OT here, I wouldn't hear the end of it from the forum! haha 

Spencer Brown was there for the taking, has similarly played RT and has much better RAS scores and ceiling, based on draft pundits?? :) Just saying. 

With the 83rd pick, Bears take 

Amari Rodgers  CLEMSON  6.25    WR    

With the 84th pick, Eagles and @Defjamz26 take 

Richie Grant  UCF  6.17    SAF  

--------------------------------------------

85) Tennessee Titans 9:20 @Jared Cisneros OTC till 925
86) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks) 9:25 @Archer on deck
87) Pittsburgh Steelers 9:30 @JoeThornburg coming up
88) Los Angeles Rams 9:35 Commissioner's pick @chad72

10 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Colts Draft So Far:

About a month ago you could have seen all 3 of these guys mocked in the first round. Well done.

Just now, RNGDShobby said:

About a month ago you could have seen all 3 of these guys mocked in the first round. Well done.

Not a huge fan of Mayfield (never been, even before this RAS), but I think he'd be fine next to Q, and should be better after a year. Needs some S&C

Just now, EastStreet said:

Not a huge fan of Mayfield (never been, even before this RAS), but I think he'd be fine next to Q, and should be better after a year. Needs some S&C

He will probably fall to 3rd in actual draft too

Another guy I like is Brady C from BYU

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ok, had a trade offer. Titans are picking here.

With the 85th pick of the 2021 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Spencer Brown OT, Northern Iowa.

In the case of Spencer Brown, "He Went To Jared" and a division rival. :( 

Archived