Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bproland's Colts Draft (8 days away!)

Like I usually do, this draft is based off of what I would do as GM. I feel these trades I made are pretty realistic and the value is not far off the trade value chart. 

Trades - Indy trades 21st overall pick to Pittsburgh for their 24th overall pick and 3rd round pick.

- Indy trades 24th overall pick to Philly for their 2nd & 3rd round picks.

Round 2 Pick 5 (PHI): Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama
Round 2 Pick 22: Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State
Round 3 Pick 6 (PHI): Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky
Round 3 Pick 23 (PITT): Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame
Round 4 Pick 22: Jordan Smith, DE/OLB, UAB
Round 5 Pick 21: Monty Rice, ILB/OLB, Georgia
Round 6 Pick 23: Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee
Round 7 Pick 21: Robert Hainsey, OG/T, Notre Dame

I went with Barmore early round 2, which could happen since I see many mocks where he is a late 1st to early 2nd round pick. I went with him mostly because I'm not sold on this edge rush class at DE. Barmore is a guy who could be paired with Buckner on passing downs, and terrorize the middle of the OL getting in the face of opposing QBs. So I went with an interior force at pass rush verses an edge rush that I'm not as high on with this draft class. A DT rotation of Buckner, Stewart, and Barmore would be nasty and tough to block.

With this draft, Indy gets their athletic LT who did well at the Senior Bowl in Radunz. With his experience and quality technique, he could start immediately next to Big Q. Joseph is a very talented and young corner who is just scratching the surface of what he could be. He will be still only 20 years old when the season begins. Tremble is a guy I think Ballard has his eyes on. He would be the perfect TE for this offense, as he is a force in the run game, which is our bread and butter. He also has good speed and athleticism to where he could get much improved as a mismatch weapon in the pass game. Jordan Smith is a guy I really like as an underrated DE. He is very long, which Ballard likes, and performed well at the Senior Bowl. Rice is a guy who compares to Anthony Walker, but possibly with more explosion to his game. Palmer is a very underrated WR who was on a bad Tennessee team last year. He could compete for the 4th/5th WR spot immediately. Hainsey is a nice depth piece who could play both G and RT if needed. 

Archived