I'm a little uncomfortable with it. We all love having a really good offensive line, but realistically how valuable is having Braden Smith or Ryan Kelly over an average NFL right tackle and center? Personally, outside of the left tackle position because they're hard to find, I wouldn't love paying just good offensive linemen big money. And obviously I like Braden and Ryan but they are just good.
Nelson is obviously exceptional and you have to pay him. That's kind of how I'd look at it with the O-Line. Pay the outlier guys who are special the big bucks and the rest I feel like you're good if you just find solid guys who aren't liabilities year in year out.
Cubs win, beat the Nationals 7-3. Nice to get a win over the former Cub Jon Lester who takes the loss. Cubs are now 20-20 at .500 so we are maintaining so far through May within close distance of the 1st place Cards who are off tonight. Just 2.5 games back of 1st now.
Here are the NL Central Division standings through May 17th, 2021:
1. Cards 23-18
2. Brewers 21-20 (2 back)
3. Cubs 20-20 (2.5 back)
4. Reds 19-20 (3 back)
5. Pirates 17-23 (5.5 back)
Fly the Flag @HOZER
If Pittman and Campbell both breakout this year the Colts offense could be something special. DBs won't be able to just hone in on Hilton. I don't know what his stats will be but I think it'll be close to 18 than 19, 20.
So, let's get this out of the way at the beginning. Carson Wentz is our first round pick for 2022. I'm guessing we will be picking roughly in the same spot, maybe a little later...
Where do we go from there? Here's my first look.... I think of it as the more toys for Wentz edition...
2. TE Rumor is Doyle will retire after this season. Frank loves TE's, so let's give him one that can really make an impact.
3. CB How long will Rhodes and Carrie be able to deliver high level play. Feels like it's time to face that.
4. WR I thought we'd spend higher than a 7 on a WR in the '21 draft. This may be Hilton's last year. Still lots of young question marks.
5. RB Will we re-sign Hines? Maybe? Likely? How about Wilkins? With questions here, I think a 5 might bring us a decent RB.
6. OL Depth to stash away on the PS as I expect Fries to be.
7. LB More depth? How long will Adams and Franklin remain with the Colts?
I'm sure some of my draftnik friends have some ideas about the next class. What do you see the Colts doing in 2022?