Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

18 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

if wentz goes out for the season then what?

We'll have a #1 pick in 2022. :D

..... and if we trade this years #1 or maybe our #2 for a #1 in 2022 we'll have 2 number 1's in 2022!!!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DEFENSE said:

Isn't this the exact same question the fan bases for all 32 teams are always asking?

What happens to our season if our starting quarterback goes down?

Right now the answer is Jacob Eason. 

We can still sign a veteran in the next few months.   Or, the likelihood if Eason does poorly in the pre-season we’d either do a trade for a backup, or, we’d claim a QB who got waived or asked for his release.  

There are answers to your question even if we don’t know them today. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

i wouldn't be too upset to see Eason under center in that scenario. We wouldn't win the SB with any other backup QB anyways.

Yup. I'd have zero problem with it. 

If you have zero chance of a SB with another FA QB, which we wouldn't, might as well sink or swim with Eason. 

At worst, we'd have a good draft pick, and know Eason isn't the answer.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

Then we keep our 1st round pick next year, start Eason, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Hopefully it doesn't happen though (it'll usually happen to 1 or 2 teams a year, just have to avoid random, bad luck).

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

What if a meteor hits the Earth? What if a black hole opens and swallows us all up? 

What if I told you...

This thread was all just a figment of your imagination?

The fever-dream of a delusional so-called Colts fan trolling the masses for reactions...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Isn't this the exact same question the fan bases for all 32 teams are always asking?

What happens to our season if our starting quarterback goes down?

Right now the answer is Jacob Eason. 

We can still sign a veteran in the next few months.   Or, the likelihood if Eason does poorly in the pre-season we’d either do a trade for a backup, or, we’d claim a QB who got waived or asked for his release.  

There are answers to your question even if we don’t know them today. 

I'm not down on Eason being the backup but I'm not up on him being the backup either. We just need to see him play then make a judgement on him being the backup but not until then. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

I'm not down on Eason being the backup but I'm not up on him being the backup either. We just need to see him play then make a judgement on him being the backup but not until then. 

That should happen in training camp and preseason this year. Lets hope for the best!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

CB trades for Nick Foles and we win the Super Bowl!  Statue goes up beside Peyton's next year. And Wentz needs a psychiatrist.

By the way- I think Wentz is going to fine this year, and the Colts will be Contenders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

More serviceable  backup QBs this time of year than I have seen in a long time and fully expect we bring one in. I'm hoping Nick Mullens, 16 starts over last 3 seasons, young, can contribute in  pinch if Eason isnt ready.

13 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

What if a meteor hits the Earth? What if a black hole opens and swallows us all up? 

We will all dead then and it really won't matter what happens after that lol. Wentz will be the least of my concerns

6 hours ago, jimmy g said:

CB trades for Nick Foles and we win the Super Bowl!  Statue goes up beside Peyton's next year. And Wentz needs a psychiatrist.

By the way- I think Wentz is going to fine this year, and the Colts will be Contenders.

Oh man...that would just be cruel. 

• Like 1

I mean...any player can end up out for the season.

But I think this is partly why there is a condition to the pick. Not that Wentz is injury-prone necessarily, but it has happened twice.

If that unfortunately did happen again...I imagine that would be the end of the Wentz experiment in Indy. Even if the next season were to go much better...you can't really commit to a QB, who in 5 seasons, ended up on IR 3x and was benched another time. Just too many unknowns.

But I don't think it's going to happen...unless it's a very fluky thing.

Taylor steps in at QB and passes for 4000 yards and rushes for 1200 yards.   He leads the team to the Superbowl and beats Brady and Tampa.

I love these hypotheticals.