Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts personnel update 04.20.2021

Here's where things stand, 9 days before the draft. Updates since my 3/26 post are bolded:

(dollars rounded a bit)

Unrestricted free agents signed from other teams

• DE Isaac Rochell (former Charger)
  • OT Sam Tevi (former Charger)
  • OT Julién Davenport (former Dolphin)
  • G Chris Reed (former Panther)

Colts unrestricted free agents re-signed

• RB Marlon Mack (1-yr, $2M)
  • CB Xavier Rhodes (1-yr, $6.5M)
  • WR T.Y. Hilton (1-yr, $10M, $8M guaranteed)
  • C Joey Hunt (1-yr, $1M)
  • DE Al-Quadin Muhammad (1-yr, $3.4M)
  • CB T.J. Carrie (1-yr, $2M)

Colts restricted free agents re-signed

• S George Odum (right of first refusal, $2.1M)
  • WR Zach Pascal (2nd round, $3.4M)

Colts restricted free agents tendered

TE Mo Alie-Cox (2nd round, $3.4M, pending)

Colts exclusive rights free agents re-signed

WR Ashton Dulin (1-yr extension)

DT Taylor Stallworth (1-yr extension)

Acquired via trade

QB Carson Wentz (from Eagles for 2 draft picks)

Claimed from other teams

DT Andrew Brown (from Texans via waivers)

Colts unrestricted free agents signed by other teams

DT Denico Autry (to the Titans, 3-yr, $21.5M, $9M guaranteed)

QB Jacoby Brissett (to the Dolphins, 1-yr, $5M, fully guaranteed)

LB Anthony Walker (to the Browns, 1-yr, $3.5M)

S Tavon Wilson (to the 49ers, 1-yr, $1M)

Colts restricted Free Agents signed by other teams (not tendered by Colts)

CB Tremon Smith (to the Texans, 1-yr, $1M)

Remaining unrestricted free agents

TE Trey Burton

OT Le’Raven Clark

OT Chaz Green

S Malik Hooker

DE Justin Houston

Retirements

QB Philip Rivers

OT Anthony Castonzo

Reserve/Futures Contracts

Defense

• CB Andre Chachere
  • CB Roderic Teamer
  • CB Will Sunderland
  • DT Chris Williams
  • DT Kameron Cline
  • DT Rob Windsor
  • S Ibraheim Campbell

Offense

• G Jake Eldrenkamp
  • G Sam Jones
  • OT Carter O’Donnell
  • RB Darius Anderson
  • RB Paul Perkins
  • TE Andrew Vollert
  • TE Farrod Green
  • WR Quartney Davis

Special Teams

• P Austin Rehkow

Most data for this list was obtained from https://coltswire.usatoday.com/.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
1 hour ago, Hark said:

Didn't they sign JJ Nelson to a reserve/futures contract as well as a QB?

Thanks, I missed quite a few (ten!) additional reserve/futures contracts. Below is the updated info on r/f contracts, new adds are bolded:

Reserve/Futures Contracts

Defense

• CB Andre Chachere
  • CB Anthony Chesley
  • CB Will Sunderland
  • CB Roderic Teamer
  • DT Kameron Cline
  • DT Chris Williams
  • DT Rob Windsor
  • S Ibraheim Campbell
  • S Nick Nelson

Offense

• G Jake Eldrenkamp
  • G Sam Jones
  • OT Jake Benzinger
  • OT Elijah Nkansah
  • OT Carter O’Donnell
  • OT Casey Tucker
  • RB Darius Anderson
  • RB Benny LeMay
  • RB Paul Perkins
  • TE Farrod Green
  • TE Jordan Thomas
  • TE Andrew Vollert
  • WR Quartney Davis
  • WR Gary Jennings
  • WR J.J. Nelson
  • QB Jalen Morton

Special Teams

• P Austin Rehkow

Note: I confirmed all of these on the official Colts.com website as r/f additions as well as being shown as currently on the roster.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I believe you can also add S Sean Davis to the list. 

Thanks Hoose, appreciate the heads up. You are absolutely correct.

In other news, apparently I shouldn't be compiling lists since my attention to detail has taken a massive nose dive. :facepalm:

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The Colts have the cap space to sign Leonard and Smith to long-term deals this year and Nelson fortunately for us we are able to extend his 5th-year rookie contract option and post-pone his big payday a year later.   Leonard is not a true MLB so I doubt he will reset the market value at the linebacker position.  Originally thought Leonard could get a 5 year/$100 million contract with $60 million guaranteed but think it will be closer to 5 years/$82.5 million with $40 million guaranteed.   Smith am guessing closer to a 4 year/$58 million contract with $30 million guaranteed.   Depending on whom we keep/sign at left tackle I think will set the stage of how much cap space we will have left to resign players.  Do we keep an older Fisher or try to go after Viking's O'Neill (RT) and move him back to his LT position he played in college.  Both will cost a lot to retain either way and have some flexibility with O'Neill and Smith combination.   Do think Glowinski will be a cap causality since he is already on the books for $7.5 million for 2021 and expect him to make over $8 million in 2022.   The only other pending FA of note after this season to play RG Brandon Scherff but expect him to be too high priced out of the Colt range (4yr/$66 million).  So looks like OL Chris Reed might be a future option or another current OL on the roster might be able to take over.    As for the draft will have to keep in mind RG Baer Hunter from Appalachian State.  Hunter's team's OL ranked as a top-15 unit nationally that was very good at running the football.  Biggest issue have seen about Hunter from his game tapes is his a  drive killer with potential penalties with unnecessary holding and block in the backs once the play has extended past the second level.  The young man I do like best at this point in time is RG Cain Madden from Marshall.  Madden's run-blocking abilities improved form 60.3 to 74.2 from 2019/2020 and he finished top 10 among RGs.   Wouldn't be surprised next off-season if we cut IDL Grover Stewart – save 8.125m or 9.378m June 1 Cut and TE Jack Doyle – save 5.45m.  Some of the other FA's doubt we resign are Stallworth, Rochell, Muhammad, Carrie, Mack, Eldrenkamp, Dulin and Campbell.   After we resign Leonard and Smith to big contract extensions can see the Colts resign, MAC, Pascal, Lewis, Turray,Holden, Hunt and Reed.  Hines should also get resigned and looking at something similar to Austin Eckler contract APY $4.55 million 3 year/$13.645 million (base 3.9 million, 4.5 million, 5.65 million with 1.35 million roster bonus each year).  One FA name I like to replace Stewart with a younger improved version is Bear's IDL Bilal Nichols at best am comparing him to IDL Dalvin Tomlinson where I would offer him a 3 year/$33 million $11 million APY with $20 million signing bonus.  Again we get back either $8.125 million or $9.378 million depending on when we release Stewart under this scenario which after these movements only leaves the Colts with a projected $7-8 million in cap space currently.   Will have to do more research and play around with the futures but can envision the Colts will need to find starting WR, RG, RCB with backups at RDT, RDE, RB, FS, SS,  and TE.   Early watch list RD 1 Draft picks 2022 TE Jalen Wydermyer, Texas A&M George Pickens, WR, Georgia Drake Jackson, Edge, USC Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati Derek Stingley JR, CB, LSU Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida   RD 2 picks Myjai Sanders, EDGE, Cincinnati Kolby Harvell-Peel, S, Oklahoma State Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson John Metchie III, WR, Alabama Aidan Hutchinson, IDL, Michigan          
    • If what Ballard says about a Achilles is what happens with Fisher that means he could be ready by TC. Mack looks like he might be close to 100% and he is at the 8th mark. I think they will be extra careful with Dayo. But Fisher is a vet so if he is ready he will go.  Very possible Fisher is ready week one.
    • Those shoulder pads make him look huge. Lol
    • I don't know why you think you're revealing something that's embarrassing to Ballard?    You're not.   Ballard says the same thing at the start of every free agency period.   That other teams may value his players more than he does.   That's he's ok if he loses a player to another team.   He just wants a chance to match or exceed the offer.   Hilton was offered 3-years from Baltimore.   The Colts signed him to a 1-year deal.    That's a win for Ballard and the Colts.   Hilton got more than we would have liked,  but only on a 1-year deal.    So, that's a win for TYH.    A win-win situation.   There's nothing bad reflected on Ballard.   Yet you think you're offering some insight that the rest of us somehow don't understand.    That's not the case.   The rest of this community understands a win-win situation.    You want to see a loss, a negative for Ballard.   It's reflected in most of your posts,    It's reflected in many of your posts, including one in the last few days which talked about not a good enough record,  and not enough playoff wins.   Your views are widely known.  
    • Well....USA Today did say he was "shaky".
  • Members