Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

While you’re probably right...as are so many that are saying the same...a pass rush phenom doesn’t need a scheme fit.  Von Miller in his prime would fit our scheme just fine, for instance, but wouldn’t have been considered a scheme fit for us either coming out of college 

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• That would work if he doesn't take a raise if he is pro bowl caliber again.   I can't imagine that we can afford 4 extremely highly paid linemen.
    • I won't be surprised if they ring up AC in August and ask how he's doing...and if he'd like to help out for a couple weeks.   Can't hurt to make the call.  Sort of how they called up Andrew right before they traded for CW.
    • I'm moving to PA in June, and will be about 45 minutes away from Baltimore. Colts play the Ravens this year in Baltimore, so I'll be making the trip there.
    • I'm hoping Davenport is cut, but then we look at still signing a great swing player in Dennis Kelly. I live in Nashville, and the Titans got plenty of use out of Kelly. He has started at LT, RT, and OG at times and did well at all spots. With the uncertainty with Fisher, you need at least 2 solid backup OTs in case God forbid Braden Smith were also to get injured. 
    • ESPN's Michael Rothstein reports the Colts could be among potential trade partners for Julio Jones.  Rothstein said the 49ers, Patriots, and Raiders could also be in the mix for Julio if the Falcons make the agonizing decision to part ways with their longtime franchise cornerstone. Colts general manager Chris Ballard's willingness to engage in blockbuster trade talks and Indy's salary cap space -- around $21.5 million -- leave the Colts as a favorite to land Jones, 32, if they're willing to part with valuable 2022 draft picks. A healthy Jones would prove a marked upgrade for Carson Wentz and a Colts' receiver group led by fading veteran T.Y. Hilton. Jones has a $23 million cap hit in 2021 and a $20 million hit the following two years. New Atlanta general manager Terry Fontenot has pointedly not shot down Julio trade rumors, saying in April that the Falcons will "answer calls on any players." “When teams ask about players, we have to answer those calls and we have to listen because we do have to, we knew when we stepped into this we were going to have to make some tough decisions because it is just the reality of it," Fontenot added. 
  • Members