Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zach Pascal, George Odum sign tenders

I am glad they signed, as Pascal is a "glue guy" and Odom an All Pro Special Teamer, though a bit of a liability in pass coverage. 

I remember reading somewhere, it escapes me where, that the Colts were working on a 3 year deal for Pascal, can anyone confirm?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, WentzinRome said:

I am glad they signed, as Pascal is a "glue guy" and Odom an All Pro Special Teamer, though a bit of a liability in pass coverage. 

I remember reading somewhere, it escapes me where, that the Colts were working on a 3 year deal for Pascal, can anyone confirm?

Wow I hope that is true. He deserves it. We need to get him signed to a longer term deal before FA next season. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Both of them non-pro bowl but necessary guys.

Glad they're getting paid.

I believe Odom is an All-Pro player at Special  Teams.   If not all-pro, then Pro Bowl.   He’s a very high caliber ST player.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I believe Odom is an All-Pro player at Special  Teams.   If not all-pro, then Pro Bowl.   He’s a very high caliber ST player.  

You are right.  He's one of those unique guys who makes first team all-pro, but not the pro bowl.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

You are right.  He's one of those unique guys who makes first team all-pro, but not the pro bowl.

Yup....   unique is a good description.

Odom was hoping to receive a 2nd round tender.   He was PO’d over the right of first refusal.   I think that will pay him $2.1 mill.  The 2nd round tender pays roughly $3.4 mill. 

Hey, I’d be happy with the difference.   But I’m not a football player with a short career life ahead.  I get being disappointed.  Hoping he turns the negative into a positive this year.   There will be more money available in the years to come.   Odom should get paid soon enough. 

• Like 1

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/colts-insider/2021/04/19/colts-news-zach-pascal-george-odum-sign-restricted-free-agent-tenders/7284067002/

Mo Alie-Cox is the only remaining Colts RFA yet to sign his tender. As with Pascal, the Colts placed a second-round tender on the tight end, making it extremely likely he returns in 2021. 

Alie-Cox is also coming off a career season (31 receptions, 394 yards, two touchdowns) in which he played 15 games and a career-high 502 snaps. Alie-Cox is expected to see significant playing time in 2021 alongside the ever-reliable Jack Doyle and whomever the Colts bring in to play Trey Burton's role as the move tight end.

"I love Jack, and I love Mo," Ballard said at the end of the season. "We think Jack’s got a lot left in the tank, and Mo has really developed and came on."

• Like 1