Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Change 1 thing about Colts history

danlhart87

10 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

They stay in Baltimore so i’d only be an hour and a half away and could attend every game.

You can thank the Politicians & cheap skates who voted against the Colts who needed a better place to play & then the threat of imminent domain did'nt help either .  Art Modell gave you the Cleveland Browns team & front office & was given what apparently the Colts did'nt deserve ,  Hind sight being 20 20 maybe the people of Baltimore & Politicians should have appreciated the home team in any case thank you Baltimore for being so cheap .  Its about time Baltimore moved on you got the Ravens & the Baltimore  Colts are never more .             

Thank You :thmup::colts: 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

You can thank the Politicians & cheap skates who voted against the Colts who needed a better place to play & then the threat of imminent domain did'nt help either .  Art Modell gave you the Cleveland Browns team & front office & was given what apparently the Colts did'nt deserve ,  Hind sight being 20 20 maybe the people of Baltimore & Politicians should have appreciated the home team in any case thank you Baltimore for being so cheap .  Its about time Baltimore moved on you got the Ravens & the Baltimore  Colts are never more .             

“I” didnt “get” the Ravens, as i live in Pennsylvania..... however.... you obviously  “got” an attitude over the whole thing.  

And a Thank You right back.

I was thinking in terms of in-game decisions, but my biggest one would be an ownership decision: We should not have hired Ryan Grigson. That guy set our franchise back for decades and we're still feeling the loss with Andrew Luck's departure. Now we're stuck in QB carousel hell.

Keep in mind too we let Peyton walk to give room for Luck to enter, only for us to waste Luck's career by not shoring up our o-line and wasting time at HB, TE, and WR.

Quintin Coryatt makes that pick 6 against Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship game, instead of dropping it to the turf. It would have sealed the game for us. 

It. Was. Right. In. His. Bread. Basket. :Cry:

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

“I” didnt “get” the Ravens, as i live in Pennsylvania..... however.... you obviously  “got” an attitude over the whole thing.  

And a Thank You right back.

They stay in Baltimore so i’d only be an hour and a half away and could attend every game.

You still have a team in Baltimore & there still an hour & a half away . I have heard many Baltimore fans whining over the years it is old .

14 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I have heard many Baltimore fans whining over the years it is old .

No offense, but that poster did not come across like they were whining at all. This coming from a Colts fan of 40+ years who is damned tired of the whining. They simply honestly answered the question with the response best suited to them. 

4 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

The cheapskate was BOB Irsay- the worst owner in sports history (unless its Sam Nassi  of the Pacers.) JIM Irsay is one of the Best.  Baltimore's fans supported BOB's Colts more than he deserved. He took a Super Bowl Champion and turned them into a 2-12 team. Baltimore offered to build him a new stadium. He was too drunk to remember that in the news coverage the next day...

I'd say it's pretty close between leaving Baltimore AND Robert Irsay acquiring the colts. If the latter didn't happen, maybe the former wouldn't have happened either.

Of course a lot of you on this Forum wouldn't ever have been colts fans so I doubt this will be a popular post haha.... but irsay was just such a bad owner.

48 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

The cheapskate was BOB Irsay- the worst owner in sports history (unless its Sam Nassi  of the Pacers.) JIM Irsay is one of the Best.  Baltimore's fans supported BOB's Colts more than he deserved. He took a Super Bowl Champion and turned them into a 2-12 team. Baltimore offered to build him a new stadium. He was too drunk to remember that in the news coverage the next day...

Worst owner in sports history?

May I introduce you to Donald Sterling, former owner of the Los Angeles Clippers.

May I introduce you to James Dolan, current owner of the New York Knicks.

There are other candidates, but those two will do for starters. 

8 hours ago, #12. said:

One of two things:

Take Brady in round 5 of the 2000 draft and let him hold a clipboard for a decade or hire Ballard in 2012.  Grigson was younger and no more established than Ballard at the time.

I came here hoping someone would bring up Polians claim that he had Brady rated very high. Just imagine TB12 never getting the chance and I'm sure without the Pats dynasty, Indianapolis would've won several titles.

The thing about being a fan of a team like the Colts is the number of "Oh, so close" seasons. Other teams like the Lions for example how do those fans fill their stadiums? Because they are football teams. The Cowboys despite stinking up the league for a decade still remain the lead story on way too many TV shows even over the Pats, The Colts story of midnight run out of Baltimore is the biggest slap in the face of fans in football history and Luck's departure let the wind out of the sail of the Colts organization in a way they still have not recovered from. No matter what happens with the  Colts I continue to pay in dollars  for Sunday Ticket mainly because I was too much of a fan to watch the scoreboard during other games while being * off I was not watching the only team I cared about and ever will.

1 hour ago, life long said:

I came here hoping someone would bring up Polians claim that he had Brady rated very high. Just imagine TB12 never getting the chance and I'm sure without the Pats dynasty, Indianapolis would've won several titles.

I just don’t think Polian’s claim is very credible.    You have a quarterback with a 2nd round grade and you passed on him how many times?   2nd round, 3rd round, 4th round, and 5th round.   Seriously?   That doesn’t sound like the kind of thing a HoF GM would do. 

But, he gets to write his own history.  I just don’t think this claim is very believable. 

Lotta good ones on here already.

How about Walt Coleman never becomes a official in the NFL?

Maybe somebody else would've considered Ty Law throwing Marvin OB pass interference,

as well as 15 other instances in that 2004 AFC championship game.

Mine is definitely the hiring is Grigson. He changed the locker room in a very negative way, gutted the roster of all of the greats due to his arrogance and wanting to make the team his. Painting over paintings and really ruining some things that made the colts so great. I do believe Polian was beginning to slip but a couple more years would have been tolerable plus I think its very likely we hold on to Manning and Luck sits behind him for a year or two and i think we would have seen an even more incredible Luck.

That aside it would be the AFC championship game against the pats with Luck, the team had some serious momentum heading into that game and a win against the Pats i believe would have pushed us to super bowl winners.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Worst owner in sports history?

May I introduce you to Donald Sterling, former owner of the Los Angeles Clippers.

May I introduce you to James Dolan, current owner of the New York Knicks.

There are other candidates, but those two will do for starters. 

I was 35 miles from Baltimore then, and moved to Indy before the Colts came.  BOB Irsay is absolutely the worst owner ever in my opinion, and many others'.

19 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Saw this on Reddit and thought it was interesting 

Mine would be 2005 AFC Divisional Round loss to Steelers 

That loss still kills me...

This can be anything btw

A game

A player

An injury

A preferred draftee

History can't be changed. Have you never seen the Back to the Future Movies, or the show Time Machine that ran in the 1960s? One small change affects everything. Had the Colts won a title or SB, their draft position would have changed, their FA Players could have wanted more $$$$, coaches would be courted by other teams, etc.....

Just like you can clone 47 Michael Jordons, and never get another NBA All-Star, because the experiences drive results.

6 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

I was 35 miles from Baltimore then, and moved to Indy before the Colts came.  BOB Irsay is absolutely the worst owner ever in my opinion, and many others'.

Whether he was the Worst or one of the very worst is secondary,  to me anyway, is he was a awful, awful human being. His own mother said he was the devil himself.

37 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

Believe me,  I'm not defending Bob Irsay.    I know who he is, and what he was.   Really, I do.

I'm just saying the list of worst owners in sports history is pretty darn long....        That's all.

5 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

You still have a team in Baltimore & there still an hour & a half away . I have heard many Baltimore fans whining over the years it is old .

I wasnt trying to start a Baltimore vs Indy blood feud.

I simply would like to go to games.  Baltimore is relatively close and has great crab.  Nothing against Indy, but the drive would kick my butt.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Believe me,  I'm not defending Bob Irsay.    I know who he is, and what he was.   Really, I do.

I'm just saying the list of worst owners in sports history is pretty darn long....        That's all.

I dont watch on Sundays to see what the owners are doing.

I just like the Colts, darnit !

2 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I rather us have 55 Super Bowl wins instead of 2...

Good one

On 4/19/2021 at 5:38 AM, cdgacoltsfan said:

Aaron Bailey hangs onto that hail Mary in 95 AFCCG

This gets my vote.  I was more heartbroken after that game than the super bowl loss to the Saints.  That season was magical.  We were such big underdogs, but almost every game came down to the wire.  No one took us seriously and before then, it was just the Indy Motor Speedway and the Pacers.  But in 1995, the Colts commanded attention and was one drop away from going to our first SB since they moved to Indy.  

7 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

This gets my vote.  I was more heartbroken after that game than the super bowl loss to the Saints.  That season was magical.  We were such big underdogs, but almost every game came down to the wire.  No one took us seriously and before then, it was just the Indy Motor Speedway and the Pacers.  But in 1995, the Colts commanded attention and was one drop away from going to our first SB since they moved to Indy.  

Beat San Diego then KC on the road. KC was #1 seed. So many what iffs in the Steelers game.

On 4/19/2021 at 4:38 AM, cdgacoltsfan said:

Aaron Bailey hangs onto that hail Mary in 95 AFCCG

Nope.......Quentin Coryatt holding onto the Pick 6 in the flat  thrown by Neil O'Donnell two plays before the 49 yard bomb down the right sideline to Ernie Mills and then the 1 yard TD run by Bam Morris..... 

That pick 6 would have sealed the game. Heck, even holding onto it and falling down in field goal range likely would have sealed that game.....

Or the Kordell Stewart TD that he ran 10 yards along the back of the end zone on the white and then caught the TD.......a year before instant replay was in effect....

Or on third and one Lamont Warren off of left tackle gets tripped up from behind when he had 10 yards of grass in front of him.....and we are forced to punt which led to their game clinching TD drive listed above.....

LOL so many bad memories, but the worst part........I was listening to the game while on mobile patrol in the zone of separation in Bosnia Herzegovina at the time.

8 hours ago, Indy B said:

Grigson/Pagano era - swap with Ballard and Reich. We'd stlll have a healthy and productive Luck.

You think under different management Luck would have stopped extending plays, stop taking on linebackers, learn to slide instead of taking hits...etc.. ?

That's the way he played. How many times was it said here "he's tough enough to play Fullback"?  "He plays with a Linebackers mentality"?  How many times did we see highlights at Stanford of him hitting the CB hard who just intercepted him? 

For whatever reasons, that was his style.

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

You think under different management Luck would have stopped extending plays, stop taking on linebackers, learn to slide instead of taking hits...etc.. ?

That's the way he played. How many times was it said here "he's tough enough to play Fullback"?  "He plays with a Linebackers mentality"?  How many times did we see highlights at Stanford of him hitting the CB hard who just intercepted him? 

For whatever reasons, that was his style.

I think that was his style almost by necessity the way he was used under Pagano/Grigson. They relied on him to be the offense.

Ballard/Reich have built a team that doesn’t rely on the QB like that. He was much more conservative in ‘18 under Reich, when he actually had a running game and legit defense to lean on.

I think we saw a glimpse in ‘18 of what Luck could have been in this system. He was playing much smarter and letting his playmakers make plays instead of literally playing Superman every week.

On 4/19/2021 at 12:29 PM, EastStreet said:

Either keep Peyton, or confiscate Luck's snowboard.

Picture It

The year is 2167 and the time machine has just been invented.  Your first mission send you back to the winter months of 2016. You meet Andrew Luck at the top of the slopes and distract him with a good book then while he isn't looking steel his snowboard.

Colts go on to win 8 SBs in his career 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Picture It

The year is 2167 and the time machine has just been invented.  Your first mission send you back to the winter months of 2016. You meet Andrew Luck at the top of the slopes and distract him with a good book then while he isn't looking steel his snowboard.

Colts go on to win 8 SBs in his career 

If it's 2167, then I'll bring a bionic spine and arm back for Peyton, and let him play for Indy until 2030

24 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I think that was his style almost by necessity the way he was used under Pagano/Grigson. They relied on him to be the offense.

Ballard/Reich have built a team that doesn’t rely on the QB like that. He was much more conservative in ‘18 under Reich, when he actually had a running game and legit defense to lean on.

I think we saw a glimpse in ‘18 of what Luck could have been in this system. He was playing much smarter and letting his playmakers make plays instead of literally playing Superman every week.

He learned in '18 from his past and the hurt he endured. 

Remember that hit from Denver's LB that I believe lacerated his kidney? He took it downfield and made no effort to avoid him. That play,hit, shouldn't realistically be blamed on GM or coach? And there were plenty others where a slide or go out of bounds or throw the ball away was the smart thing to do but wasn't done. 

Yeah, I guess Pagano could have been more forceful in coaching him up not to extend plays but he was Pagano and luck had his way of playing lol.

Above Dan & EastStreet joking about going back in time and stealing lucks  snowboard so he doesn't get hurt on it.......   so was it Griggs fault luck got busted up on a snowboard??

No, of course not.

The way he played football and snowboarding was the way he rolled.

28 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If it's 2167, then I'll bring a bionic spine and arm back for Peyton, and let him play for Indy until 2030

Also while your at it, bring back a plan on how to advance against the Pat's..  and don't let Kraft & Belichek get their hands on the time machine. :funny:

Archived