Saw this on Reddit and thought it was interesting 

Mine would be 2005 AFC Divisional Round loss to Steelers 

That loss still kills me...

This can be anything btw

A game

A player

An injury

A preferred draftee

I would change the outcome of the 2009 SB Vs the Saints. There's stuff that could of been more important to us long-term (like Luck staying with the team til he was 40, or Grigson never being hired with Luck), but that SB and winning it would of meant more to this franchise at that point and would of made all the Luck years and the unfortunate ending to it a lot more bearable. 

Manning winning two SBs in Indy and then making two and winning one in Denver would of probably made him the 2nd best QB of all time without a doubt, and it would of helped fans get over all the times the Pats won the SB while Manning was the QB in Indy. The difference between 1 SB win and two in Indy is huge, and the difference between two SB wins and three in Manning's career would of been huge.

Brandon Burlsworth's car accident......kid worked so hard to come so far and was the type of player and person who fits the franchise perfectly. I have zero doubt he would have helped anchor the O Line for years and brought us higher success. You havent watched the film "Greater" about his life find it and invest 2 hours and you wont regret it.....(I watched it on Tubi last year).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_(film)

Freeney never spraining his ankle against the Jets in the '09 AFCCG....he was absolutely wrecking the Saints in the first half of the Super Bowl. Then it tightened up at halftime and everything was different.

Also:

Dungey's son not committing suicide and Harper's wife not stabbing him....that whole '05 game against Pitt just didn't seem right.

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would change the outcome of the 2009 SB Vs the Saints. There's stuff that could of been more important to us long-term (like Luck staying with the team til he was 40, or Grigson never being hired with Luck), but that SB and winning it would of meant more to this franchise at that point and would of made all the Luck years and the unfortunate ending to it a lot more bearable. 

Manning winning two SBs in Indy and then making two and winning one in Denver would of probably made him the 2nd best QB of all time without a doubt, and it would of helped fans get over all the times the Pats won the SB while Manning was the QB in Indy. The difference between 1 SB win and two in Indy is huge, and the difference between two SB wins and three in Manning's career would of been huge.

Yeah I still have Manning 3rd best at worse but Montana is probably 2nd based on Rings and Stats. Tom is #1 as bad as I hate to say it - he has the Rings, Stats, and has won 3 League MVP's. For his time Montana's stats were considered great, throwing for over 40,000 yards back then was like throwing for 60,000 today. It is still hard to believe, Montana never threw 1 INT in his 4 SB appearances either. Dude was clutch! He did win 2 League MVP's as well. Manning by getting that 2nd ring cemented him at 3rd to go along with winning 5 League MVP's and his stats of course.

With what we know now:

Trade the Luck pick.   I believe there were 2 teams willing to give us their entire draft plus.     Kind of a Hershal Walker type deal.   

Mostly because I'd be curious  how the team would have been with Manning and a load of draft picks (whether we use them for trade or draft players).  

Garcon catches the third and 10 ball and goes for 16 yards. The colts score and the game changes and the Colts win.

Little known play that changed the complexion of the game, He didn't follow the ball into his hands and was looking upfield and he was wide open

2nd place, Carnell Lake doesnt shoestring tackle Lamont Warren in the 4th quarter of the AFCCG

To change the subject slightly but I am watching 1st take on ESPN which I rarely do anymore but I have it on there now. Max Kellerman saying how MaHomes could easily have 3 SB rings if it wasn't for Brady and be in the GOAT convo already. What about Brady blocking Peyton in 2003 and 2004? I can say Peyton could have 4 had it not been for Brady. Had we beat the Pats in 2003, anyone think we would lose to Carolina lmao , I don't. That would've been a romp. I think we were better than the 2004 Eagles as well.

2 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Garcon catches the third and 10 ball and goes for 16 yards. The colts score and the game changes and the Colts win.

Little known play that changed the complexion of the game, He didn't follow the ball into his hands and was looking upfield and he was wide open

2nd place, Carnell Lake doesnt shoestring tackle Lamont Warren in the 4th quarter of the AFCCG

Amen.  I was so disappointed at that play.  I feel like it would’ve been game over, knockout punch delivered.  Everybody talks about hank basket, but the Garçon drop was the real game changer.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

With what we know now:

Trade the Luck pick.   I believe there were 2 teams willing to give us their entire draft plus.     Kind of a Hershal Walker type deal.   

Mostly because I'd be curious  how the team would have been with Manning and a load of draft picks (whether we use them for trade or draft players).  

I was coming back to add this to my other post about the 1999 draft and saw yours and figured I would post it here instead. Had we made that * Mike Ditka think we were going to take Ricky Williams at #4 we could have had all of the Saints 6 picks in the '99 draft and a 1st and 3rd in 2000. The Saints made that trade to Washington instead at #5 and they indeed used several of those picks and moved up to #7 and took Champ Bailey. I imagine we could have done the same thing and still got Edge. If I recall Polian said he wouldn't have done that trade even if offered because he didn't  want to have to pay that many draft picks 

A few things:

1) Caldwell simply just inheriting Dungy's job - as a person I like Caldwell, but don't think he is a very good HC.  He inherited a very good team and I think with a better coach that team could have gone 16-0 and potentially 19-0 (so I guess add Hank Baskett and Freeney's injury in this category as it would still have been cool to go 17-2 and won the SB over NO that year).

2) Grigson becoming GM.  I like Ballard as a GM, and even though he was a first year GM coming here, he was more experienced and seems a lot more level-headed than Grigson.  Who knows what would have happened, but having Luck available at #1 after the Peyton era was almost a dream situation.  I think an experienced GM could have done a lot more with Luck (e.g., given him a solid OL, provided better weapons, kept him healthier, etc.) and he could still be playing today if not for Grigson who seemed to like to overspend in FA, did a poor job (he tried and failed) at building an OL, and according to McAfee and others made the Colts' facility a toxic environment to players and others below him.

3) As multiple others have said the 95 AFCCG (the almost catch from Bailey on the Hail Mary, Kordell's running out of bounds in the back of the endzone and catching a TD, etc.) -- Harbaugh is one of my all-time favorite Colts and I would have loved to have seen him and Ted Marchibroda win a SB together.

Archived