Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Flash Mock: Round 1

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We are passionate about our team for sure! :) :thmup:

That was my guy! Nice snipe!

100% didnt expect him to fall to my pick. Was eyeing up Moehrig or Bateman for the last 10 picks or so tbh. But Barmore just seems to be too good a fit to pass up. Plus it seems like a good strategic move as the Saints GM. Get a solid guy on the inside in hopes that it helps Davenport have a breakout season and justify the capital they gave up to get him. 

I'm selecting someone for the Titans that is a great scheme fit, a guy who should provide great pass rush, and was an absolute beast in Georgia. I don't want him on the Colts because of scheme fit, but he'd be a monster with the Titans.

With the 31st pick of the 2021 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select: Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

With the 30th pick, the Bills select Travis Etienne  CLEMSON  6.71  RB, and give their up and coming QB both a RB and a strong receiving threat! Gotta keep ahead of those nasty Pats.

31) Kansas City Chiefs Tennessee Titans @Jared Cisneros10:20 on the clock till 1025
32) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @jvan1973 10:25 on deck to close out the night!

I thought about taking him for Pittsburgh but they really need a bellcow to punish people. Havent had one since The Bus. Plus I love how Johnson can work underneath if he can hold on to the damn ball. And... Ebron is always a threat even though his production wasn't there but I think they are sorted on that front with Ju-Ju coming back. It's not all about individual achievement.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm selecting someone for the Titans that is a great scheme fit, a guy who should provide great pass rush, and was an absolute beast in Georgia. I don't want him on the Colts because of scheme fit, but he'd be a monster with the Titans.

With the 31st pick of the 2021 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select: Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia.

Samuel L Jackson What GIF by Coming to America

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That’s a very nice pick for the Titans and puts more pressure on WarGhost to find a solution at tackle.  Lol 

1 minute ago, JoeThornburg said:

Samuel L Jackson What GIF by Coming to America

I know, they drafted Harold Landry, signed Bud Dupree, and now this, you wonder, right? :)  Plus, with all the secondary losses, and Jonnu Smith and Corey Davis leaving, you were looking for pass catcher or secondary, I get it.  But you can never have enough pass rushers. 

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That’s a very nice pick for the Titans and puts more pressure on WarGhost to find a solution at tackle.  Lol 

Nice having you with us. Are you enjoying it. I think this is your first time doing this. It is done in memory of Gavin who loved the NFL Draft.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I know, they drafted Harold Landry, signed Bud Dupree, and now this, you wonder, right? :)  Plus, with all the secondary losses, and Jonnu Smith and Corey Davis leaving, you were looking for pass catcher or secondary, I get it.  But you can never have enough pass rushers. 

Yeah, I was left with pass rushers as BPA, so that's what I went with. I made a trade where I now have two 2nd round picks and an extra 5th, so I feel confident about filling some positions later. 

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

With the 30th pick, the Bills select Travis Etienne  CLEMSON  6.71  RB, and give their up and coming QB both a RB and a strong receiving threat! Gotta keep ahead of those nasty Pats.

31) Kansas City Chiefs Tennessee Titans @Jared Cisneros10:20 on the clock till 1025
32) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @jvan1973 10:25 on deck to close out the night!

Ettienne to the Bills is sick! 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I still can't believe he whiffed on Moore. Especially with all that money they are paying Dupree.

27 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Here we go!!!!

With the 26th pick in the draft, the Colts were looking at a few different names. With major needs at LT and DE, the team scoured those positions for prospects.

However, the top tackle prospects flew off the board early, and with the EDGE class being super weak, Ballard decides that it would be best to take a secondary need at this pick rather than reaching majorly for a so-so name.

Therefore, with the 26th pick in this mock draft, the Colts surprise a lot of people and select:

Terrace Marshall Jr, WR, LSU

Hate me all you want, but Marshall has future star written all over him. My WR2 in the draft class, Marshall will quickly fill the vacant WR1 role on the team. Some on the forum expect Pittman to fill that, but I feel that he is best qualified as a top tier WR2, where he can bully second cornerbacks. Hilton isn't getting any younger, and Campbell, Pascal and Co. leave much to be desired. Marshall will pair up with Wentz to help revitalize the Colts passing attack for years to come.

Bring on the hate!!!!

It took a true visionary to make this pick.

WR is a huge need especially with Hilton being gone after this season.

Wentz is not like Rivers who can spread the ball around to a bunch of average receivers. Wentz is going to need a true #1 and the Colts WR core isn't scaring anyone.

Nice job ! This pick will grow with Wentz and become his #1.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Nice having you with us. Are you enjoying it. I think this is your first time doing this. It is done in memory of Gavin who loved the NFL Draft.

Thanks NFLfan.  I appreciate the invite!  I am happy to participate this year and am really enjoying it. It is my first time mustering up the courage to dive in.  I definitely remember Gavin.  He was a really good guy and much loved around here. 

1 minute ago, JoeThornburg said:

I still can't believe he whiffed on Moore. Especially with all that money they are paying Dupree.

Do you mean me not taking Elijah Moore? I wasn't interested. Deep WR class. I have Ojulari as a top 20 talent for the Titans. If he went before me I would of thought about Moore.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Good job guys for night one. 

After a few misses early, went very smooth.

Great job @NFLfan and @chad72

I'll give you guys some time to update stuff and I'll wait till tomorrow around 5PMish to create the round 2 thread as we'll likely have more trades prior.

I'm going to take a break now. Lol. 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Do you mean me not taking Elijah Moore? I wasn't interested. Deep WR class. I have Ojulari as a top 20 talent for the Titans. If he went before me I would of thought about Moore.

Hey man it's all good. You know your style! And it's not a bad pick at all. I just have a different style. BPA at times just doesn't work for me but you can't always see the future either. I just don't wanna see a guy like Henry get overworked. 

In Gavin Draft Lore, one member selected safety Keanu Neal for the Colts and this place nearly fell apart. Ryan Kelly was still available as were others that were probably more well known than Neal. But Neal turned out to be a good player for the Falcons.

Just now, NFLfan said:

In Gavin Draft Lore, one member selected Keanu Neal for the Colts and this place nearly fell apart. Ryan Kelly was still available as were others that were probably more well known than Neal. But Neal turned out to be a good player for the Falcons.

All of us that day 

ill kill you ben stiller GIF

Archived