Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Positional Spending Ranks (Current, plus past and future)


Recommended Posts

Wanted to post a thread on this topic for a while. Thought the timing would be good with some of the debate about paying our guys with contracts coming up ( like Leonard, Q, Smith, etc).

 

First rank is current 2021. The ranks in () are the past year 2020, and future 2022. When looking at 2022, just keep in mind it's a future rank for those under contract (it will absolutely change).

 

Overall Offense - 4th (2020 - 1st, 2022 - 28th)

  • QB - 14th (1st/10th) - Great value if Wentz pans out, now, and future.
  • RB - 11th (22nd/27th) - Riding Taylor should keep us good for a while, but Hines contract is coming due. Mack was a nice one year rental if healthy.
  • WR - 16th (14th/28th) - need Campbell to break through and stay healthy to ride this savings.
  • TE - 9th (10th/12th) - folks that are overly needy about TE need to look around the league (production and spend).
  • OL - 4th (2nd/32nd) - this is scary given both our two best OL are top 10 at their position and are coming due. We're going to be #1 by a wide margin.

 

Overall Defense - 23rd (20th/32nd)

  • iDL - 3rd (4th/9th) - happy with Buchner overall, but would be nice to see more sack production.
  • Edge - 32nd (16th/29th) - need to either spend here, or big-time hit on 2021's draft pick. 
  • LB - 22nd (23rd/26th) - We've ridden this one, and it's time to pay up. We'll be top 5ish or at least 10ish once we extend Leonard.
  • S - 29th (24th/25th) - really need Blackmon to develop and do better than 2nd half of 2020 so we can ride this for a while.
  • CB - 12th (18th/17th) - we've solved things for 2021, but Rhodes and Carrie's clocks are both limited (both 30). FA has worked to an extent, but our pass D isn't great regardless.

 

Overall, we need our O, especially our passing game, to step up this year to warrant our top 5 spend. Our D outperformed our spend last year, at least from a run D perspective.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2021 at 12:51 PM, EastStreet said:

Wanted to post a thread on this topic for a while. Thought the timing would be good with some of the debate about paying our guys with contracts coming up ( like Leonard, Q, Smith, etc).

 

First rank is current 2021. The ranks in () are the past year 2020, and future 2022. When looking at 2022, just keep in mind it's a future rank for those under contract (it will absolutely change).

 

Overall Offense - 4th (2020 - 1st, 2022 - 28th)

  • QB - 14th (1st/10th) - Great value if Wentz pans out, now, and future.
  • RB - 11th (22nd/27th) - Riding Taylor should keep us good for a while, but Hines contract is coming due. Mack was a nice one year rental if healthy.
  • WR - 16th (14th/28th) - need Campbell to break through and stay healthy to ride this savings.
  • TE - 9th (10th/12th) - folks that are overly needy about TE need to look around the league (production and spend).
  • OL - 4th (2nd/32nd) - this is scary given both our two best OL are top 10 at their position and are coming due. We're going to be #1 by a wide margin.

 

Overall Defense - 23rd (20th/32nd)

  • iDL - 3rd (4th/9th) - happy with Buchner overall, but would be nice to see more sack production.
  • Edge - 32nd (16th/29th) - need to either spend here, or big-time hit on 2021's draft pick. 
  • LB - 22nd (23rd/26th) - We've ridden this one, and it's time to pay up. We'll be top 5ish or at least 10ish once we extend Leonard.
  • S - 29th (24th/25th) - really need Blackmon to develop and do better than 2nd half of 2020 so we can ride this for a while.
  • CB - 12th (18th/17th) - we've solved things for 2021, but Rhodes and Carrie's clocks are both limited (both 30). FA has worked to an extent, but our pass D isn't great regardless.

 

Overall, we need our O, especially our passing game, to step up this year to warrant our top 5 spend. Our D outperformed our spend last year, at least from a run D perspective.

Kind of alarming that we really have no skill players to speak of.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WentzinRome said:

 Wow dead last at edge.  That hopefully will change soon.

Should not be surprise though given both starters from last year are gone.

Really hoping to see JH signed again.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

this looks like we have not spent money to have elite talent at edge, looks like we got what we paid for

 

 NO, he has drafted for it! And CB will keep drafting for it.
Though Houston was a solid add and was PAID rather well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Should not be surprise though given both starters from last year are gone.

Really hoping to see JH signed again.

 Exactly my point, and thanks for expanding on my initial comment.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

 NO, he has drafted for it! And CB will keep drafting for it.
Though Houston was a solid add and was PAID rather well.

if he is going to get a pass rush through the draft he needs to make a lot better picks at that position then he has so far in the last 4 years

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...