Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

These are top notch players. And it’s definitely realistic. But At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the Colts badly need a shot in the arm with their pass rush. I see a DE Day 1 or early Day 2.

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Fills some holes and I like the picks

But..... Who rushes the passer?

With Jenkins and Nelson on the left side... no one...zing. Houston, Turay, maybe another FA

10 hours ago, FalseStart said:

RD1: Teven Jenkins OT

RD2: Pat Freiermuth TE :applause:

RD3: NA

RD4: Trill Williams CB

RD5: Paddy Fisher ILB

RD6: Marquez Stevenson WR

RD7: BPA

FA: Justin Houston Edge

11 hours ago, FalseStart said:

With Jenkins and Nelson on the left side... no one...zing. Houston, Turay, maybe another FA

We may end up with your draft, which is very good

Im just concerned about the pass rush

In the playoffs against the elite QBs, we will get picked apart, if we dont address the pass rush

Despite the lack of a pass rusher, I like this draft. Stevenson looks very much like TY 2.0 and Trill Williams is a CB that I feel fits our defense perfectly. He's got the size and athleticism, can play both man and zone (most thinking he would play best in a cover 2 or 3). He also is the kind of player Flus loves. Here's a snippet from his premium profile on TDN:

Williams is a competitive and aggressive player. I’ve never seen a guy so frequently rip the ball out of a ball carrier’s hands like I have seen Williams. He is enthusiastic in pursuit, flights to clear contact, and is a physical player. 

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

So how are we better at arguably our biggest need at pass rush with this draft?

Ball Control... best blocking TE in the draft...to go along with a first round tackle. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• No one knows. The writer isn't necessarily wrong, the last time anyone saw Wentz, he was shaky mentally and a mess football-wise. Hurts wasn't any great shakes yet he was better than Wentz. We know the potential Carson has but if the national media isn't lapping it up, that's not a bad thing. Let them keep dogging Indy while we build quietly and solidly.   We all hope Frank Reich can unleash a beast who performs at levels even better than 2017 but fact is, it's May 12th and right now we don't know. Even Chris Ballard said same, just as he did about Eason, we won't know what we have until the bullets start flying.
    • Good lord. I simply posted an article from rotoworld. If you don’t like it then let them know you disagree with the people who are usually correct with the info they receive. I wasn’t aware I would be told I was wrong for posting an article from a highly reputable site. You seriously need to relax. 
    • Eh maybe but I think it was more of let’s see how the draft shakes out and who is cut yet to make room to sign the rookies they picked. There’s still teams that have to cut some players just to get under the cap once the rookies sign. 
    • Dude I agree, but our base kinda concept is T2 with their personnel I think.  They play a variety of zones and trade off a lot.  They get lost in the secondary.  It’s actually complex as hell.   It’s possible Rock and Blackmon are gonna click as they learn the system, but it’s also possible IMO they continue to play replacement level foot ball.  Rock has issues but on many of his plays he gets NO help from the safeties. they want these guys to play downhill like T2, but they have to show they can cover first.  It might work and be exciting as hell.                       I am in lockstep with the Walker thing.  That’s why you never seem to know wth this team is trying to do well with SCHEME AND PERSONNEL.   sorry for yelling.  I don’t think our ideas about this team are really very different.     Franks a pretty good coach man.
    • Wentz wasn't my favourite option when we got him but watching some of his games from his rookie and 2nd year the guy has magic, can't wait. 
  • Members

• indykmj

indykmj 86

• Shive

Shive 2,593

Moderators
    • J@son

J@son 918

• coltsfan1965

coltsfan1965 15

• UKColt13

UKColt13 181