Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trade there 21 to Miami for both 2nds. They pick up Cosmi and Eichenberg. Still have there later 2nd to pick a good DE.

What other picks would we lose to make this trade?

If this can happen and both OTs pay off this could drop Smith to RG. Q, Kelley and Smith working the interior.

Potential OL of Cosmi, Q, Kelley, Smith and Eichenberg.

What would be a good DE with our late 2nd round pick.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I think I would side with the others as far as taking two LTs. Maybe a LT early and a late LT, but not two in round 2

However, I was looking at it and Ballard has traded 3-4 or more times before or during the draft each year.

He will PROBABLY try to swing a deal (or two) this year as well

Not a likely reality.....  but

For the trade piece, I actually think you might have something (I doubt the Dolphins would do it)

If We traded with Miami for these 2 second round picks Giving us three in the 2nd round

(Miami loses a bit on the transaction, but its close) 

I would ONLY trade if Paye and Darrisaw were off the board

With our first pick (36)

Pick the best of what is left of Cosmi, Eich, or Radunz 

With our 2nd pick (50)

Pick the best of what is left of Basham, Tryon, Perkins, or my favorite, Turner

With our 3rd pick  (54)

Pick the best of what is left of Ifeatu, Stokes, or Cambell

We could pick up 3 players that would probably BPA or close to BPA, in positions of need

We would have a LT to develop

We would have a LDE to develop

We would have a decent CB to develop

All three could see the field early

Just dream'n though.....

• Like 4

Phins would do it, but we'd have to throw in our 4th rounder.. With the depth of OT this year that would work, with the depth of WR that would work as well. DE would be another animal..

10 hours ago, Matabix said:

Colts trade there 21 to Miami for both 2nds. They pick up Cosmi and Eichenberg. Still have there later 2nd to pick a good DE.

What other picks would we lose to make this trade?

If this can happen and both OTs pay off this could drop Smith to RG. Q, Kelley and Smith working the interior.

Potential OL of Cosmi, Q, Kelley, Smith and Eichenberg.

What would be a good DE with our late 2nd round pick.

I think there's a good chance Ballard will trade back, again, but doubt it would be for 2 OT's.

And just want to say to everyone there are other positions on team besides LT & DE. And the other positions are also needs as well.  :D

6 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think I would side with the others as far as taking two LTs. Maybe a LT early and a late LT, but not two in round 2

However, I was looking at it and Ballard has traded 3-4 or more times before or during the draft each year.

For the trade piece, I actually think you might have something (I doubt the Dolphins would do it)

If We traded with Miami for these 2 second round picks Giving us three in the 2nd round

With our first pick (36)

With our 2nd pick (50)

With our 3rd pick  (54)

We could pick up 3 players that would probably BPA or close to BPA, in positions of need

Just dream'n though.....

For what it’s worth...   the Colts trade with Miami for their two seconds, is such a lop-sided win for the Colts it’s hard to see why Miami would do it?

Our pick 21 is worth 800 points.  Their two second round picks total 940 points. (540/400).  That 140 point gap is enormous.   We’d owe them a 3 (that we don’t have) to even make it close. 

I’m hoping we can trade down 8-10 picks and get a 3 from some team.    Hoping....

• Like 2
7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth...   the Colts trade with Miami for their two seconds, is such a lop-sided win for the Colts it’s hard to see why Miami would do it?

Our pick 21 is worth 800 points.  Their two second round picks total 940 points. (540/400).  That 140 point gap is enormous.   We’d owe them a 3 (that we don’t have) to even make it close. 

I’m hoping we can trade down 8-10 picks and get a 3 from some team.    Hoping....

I'm thinking the Chiefs or Packers would do it. Packers could go after Newsome, Farley, Toney, or Bateman at 21. Chiefs could go after an O-Lineman at 21. Especially if Teven Jenkins made it to us. I'd hate to lose him, but he's more of a RT anyway, so I'd trade down in a heartbeat to get a 3rd. Might even get a day 3 pick next year as well from the Chiefs.

15 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

With our first pick (36)

With our 2nd pick (50)

With our 3rd pick  (54)

Just dream'n though.....

I really like that and tried something similar in in PFF's simulator. :scoregood:

I'd rather go WR or TE with the 3rd pick though and pick up a promising CB later, but, I confess, I don't value CB very much so that's probably just me. :default_20smile:

download (2).png

• Like 1
9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You are correct, NCF !.....I must have looked too quickly at the trade value chart

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

I really like that and tried something similar in in PFF's simulator. :scoregood:

I'd rather go WR or TE with the 3rd pick though and pick up a promising CB later, but, I confess, I don't value CB very much so that's probably just me. :default_20smile:

download (2).png

Im on the same page as you 

CB's are important, but PR is more important

There is a message (and maybe a short lesson) here, with what happened to Rhodes

He was successful when he could play man to man

As he lost these skills he lost his job

In our defense, he does well.

Carrie played decent in our defense last year, not an all pro, but he played well.

He couldnt get 3M on the open market

This defense is set up where your CBs dont have to play man to man, all over the field, which is very hard, and those folks that play that role are expensive.

This defense can take other teams "cast offs" (or later round picks that can tackle) and go play football......... 

IF they have a pass rush

We need to start building that DL immediately..... or this defense will always be lackluster.

And to me an even bigger concern

What happens when you face Mahomes in the playoffs and give him all day to throw?..... you lose

The elite QBs will eat up this defense with no pass rush

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Im on the same page as you 

CB's are important, but PR is more important

There is a message (and maybe a short lesson) here, with what happened to Rhodes

He was successful when he could play man to man

As he lost these skills he lost his job

In our defense, he does well.

Carrie played decent in our defense last year, not an all pro, but he played well.

He couldnt get 3M on the open market

This defense is set up where your CBs dont have to play man to man, all over the field, which is very hard, and those folks that play that role are expensive.

This defense can take other teams "cast offs" (or later round picks that can tackle) and go play football......... 

IF they have a pass rush

We need to start building that DL immediately..... or this defense will always be lackluster.

And to me an even bigger concern

What happens when you face Mahomes in the playoffs and give him all day to throw?..... you lose

The elite QBs will eat up this defense with no pass rush

I completely agree. Spending big on a CB is like admitting defeat in the trenches - at least in our system.