Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1st Round Mock Draft 10.0 (I think most will love this)

1. Jaguars Trevor Lawrence 

2. Jets Zach Wilson 

3. 49ers Justin Fields 

4. Falcons Trey Lance 

5. Bengals JaMarr Chase 

6. Dolphins Kyle Pitts 

7. Lions Penei Sewell 

8. Panthers Rashawn Slater 

9. Broncos Mac Jones 

10. Cowboys Patrick Surtain 

11. Giants Jaelan Phillips 

12. Eagles Jaylen Waddle 

13. Chargers Christian Darrisaw 

14. Vikings Alijah Vera-Tucker 

15. Patriots Micah Parsons 

16. Cardinals DeVonta Smith 

17. Raiders Kwity Paye

18. Dolphins Azeez Ojulari 

19. Football Team Jamin Davis 

20. Bears Tevin Jenkins 

21. Colts Jaycee Horn 

22. Titans Rashod Bateman 

23. Jets Caleb Farley 

24. Steelers Najee Harris 

25. Jaguars Richie Grant

26. Browns Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah 

27. Ravens Zaven Collins 

28. Saints Greg Newsome 

29. Packers Samuel Cosmi 

30. Bills Christian Barmore 

31. Chiefs Kadarius Toney 

32. Buccaneers Kelvin Joseph 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

1. Jaguars Trevor Lawrence 

2. Jets Zach Wilson 

3. 49ers Justin Fields 

4. Falcons Trey Lance 

5. Bengals JaMarr Chase 

6. Dolphins Kyle Pitts 

7. Lions Penei Sewell 

8. Panthers Rashawn Slater 

9. Broncos Mac Jones 

10. Cowboys Patrick Surtain 

11. Giants Jaelan Phillips 

12. Eagles Jaylen Waddle 

I love people doing mock drafts.  But experience tells me trades happen. And not every GM would agree with other GMs (or fans either, from well informed to parrots...) and so 'interesting' to unbelievable things often happen at the draft.  So I appreciate those folks that do them.

Tonight, I want to compare your top 12 to Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller's mock draft #4 top 12 (to me these are the 'game changers range) they had today.  But they (as Kirwan was a front office guy) have trades in theirs. And this is how their top 12 draft played out-

Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller Mock draft #4 top 12-

Trevor Lawrence - Jags
Zac Wilson  - Jets
Justin Fields  - 49'ers
Kyle Pitts - Falcons (no QB, no trade!)
Penei Sewell  - Bengals
Ja'Marr Chase  -  Dolphins
Trey Lance  -  WFT  - via trade of 19, 51, 82 + Tim Settle to the Lions
Mac Jones  -  Bears via trade of 20, 52, 83, + Nick Foles to Panthers, also T. Bridgewater is traded from Carolina to the  Broncos for their #40 pick
Jaylen Waddle  - Broncos
Rashawn Slater  - Chargers via trade of 13, 77

after top 10 then-

Christian Barmore  - Giants  
Patrick Surtain  - Eagles

Interesting when different people and their thoughts of a teams best value while trying to fill needs comes into play.  Thanks for your input.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I love people doing mock drafts.  But experience tells me trades happen. And not every GM would agree with other GMs (or fans either, from well informed to parrots...) and so 'interesting' to unbelievable things often happen at the draft.  So I appreciate those folks that do them.

Tonight, I want to compare your top 12 to Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller's mock draft #4 top 12 (to me these are the 'game changers range) they had today.  But they (as Kirwan was a front office guy) have trades in theirs. And this is how their top 12 draft played out-

Trevor Lawrence - Jags
Zac Wilson  - Jets
Justin Fields  - 49'ers
Penei Sewell  - Bengals
Mac Jones  -  Bears via trade of 20, 52, 83, + Nick Foles to Panthers, also T. Bridgewater is traded from Carolina to the  Broncos for their #40 pick
Jaylen Waddle  - Broncos

after top 10 then-

Interesting when different people and their thoughts of a teams best value while trying to fill needs comes into play.  Thanks for your input.

waddle to Denver makes no sense

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

waddle to Denver makes no sense

They got Teddy Bridgewater from the Panthers in a (mock) trade, for their pick at #40.  No need to draft QB with T. Bridge and D. Lock on the roster then.

He also has 49'ers sending J. Garoppolo to Pats for a round 2 pick

in 2022.

4 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

They got Teddy Bridgewater from the Panthers in a (mock) trade, for their pick at #40.  No need to draft QB with T. Bridge and D. Lock on the roster then.

in 2022.

Does NE have any $ left after their FA splurge? That’s a big contract they’re absorbing. 

Thanks for posting, and I hate to disagree with a fellow Colts fan, but I like some of your earlier mocks better 

I get the need for a CB (Naked backflips notwithstanding) 

However

We lost two DEs

Who rushes the passer in 2021?

We lost 2 players that accounted for nearly 40% of our sack total

They have NOT been replaced

An AVERAGE CB that can tackle can be successful in this defense WITH a pass rush.

A FANTASTIC CB can FAIL in this defense, without a pass rush

We need a Pass Rush...... Or this will be a long year

We have a desperate need for a LT

We MIGHT be able to get one that is plug in play in the second round

BPA is a great strategy, but BPA is always tempered in a category of need

For example.

If Horn is ranked 19th on your board and Darrisaw is ranked 21..... with this team...... You pick Darrisaw

If Horn is ranked 7th on your board and Darrisaw is ranked 21....... You pick Horn

It HAS to be a significant difference to not consider need

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for posting, and I hate to disagree with a fellow Colts fan, but I like some of your earlier mocks better 

However

We lost two DEs

An AVERAGE CB that can tackle can be successful in this defense WITH a pass rush.

For example.

If Horn is ranked 19th on your board and Darrisaw is ranked 21..... with this team...... You pick Darrisaw

If Horn is ranked 7th on your board and Darrisaw is ranked 21....... You pick Horn

Won’t be a CB. Especially with the resigning of Carrie yesterday. The needs are massive elsewhere, as Mike Curtis just explained. 

9 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

in 2022.

They have great WR group already 

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

Won’t be a CB. Especially with the resigning of Carrie yesterday. The needs are massive elsewhere, as Mike Curtis just explained. 

I made this before Carrie signed TBF

I think that Jaycee Horn will be gone before #21. 

I've notice some mock drafts saying the Colts will draft Kadarius Toney at 21. Does anyone actually see this happening? I doubt that the Colts will draft a WR in the first round, and would be very surprised if it happened. 

12 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Trevor Lawrence - Jags
Zac Wilson  - Jets
Justin Fields  - 49'ers
Penei Sewell  - Bengals
Jaylen Waddle  - Broncos

after top 10 then-

Mmm! Love me some Jim and Pat lol

21 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I think that Jaycee Horn will be gone before #21. 

I've notice some mock drafts saying the Colts will draft Kadarius Toney at 21. Does anyone actually see this happening? I doubt that the Colts will draft a WR in the first round, and would be very surprised if it happened. 

I hope not 

Bateman i might be ok with 

9 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

However

We lost two DEs

For example.

This, so much this!

I really hope we're not taking a CB in the 1st OR 2nd round. Such a waste considering the needs we have. Hell, I'll take a WR any day and twice on sundays before taking a CB.

We have nothing at LT and, with Wentz performance closely tied to OL performance, I seriously wouldn't take a CB even if Surtain or Horn were still on the board.

Also, DE has precedence as well. Mike's above arguement says it all, really.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

This, so much this!

I really hope we're not taking a CB in the 1st OR 2nd round. Such a waste considering the needs we have. Hell, I'll take a WR any day and twice on sundays before taking a CB.

We have nothing at LT and, with Wentz performance closely tied to OL performance, I seriously wouldn't take a CB even if Surtain or Horn were still on the board.

Also, DE has precedence as well. Mike's above arguement says it all, really.

Horn would be an excellent choice. You can't always draft immediate need. Don't forget Rhodes could be gone next year and Horn would give us 2 solid CBs and a 1 next year. 

Don't completely rule it out 

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Horn would be an excellent choice. You can't always draft immediate need. Don't forget Rhodes could be gone next year and Horn would give us 2 solid CBs and a 1 next year. 

Don't completely rule it out 

I know Rhodes very well could be gone next year, but drafting a CB in the 1st this year seems like a very roundabout way of dealing with our needs. We have a DE need NOW. Postponing dealing with it would feel like giving up in my opinion.

CB is a need next year and we don't have the picks or the trade value to get away with drafting a CB in the first few rounds this year.

Also, I know drafting for need isn't always an option, but this mock is like a last resort in my opinion. We have serious needs on DE and LT and if we can't get either met in the 1st, then we trade back. If we can't get good enough value for the 21st, then, and only then, is CB an option as BPA.

Bridgewater is being looked at as a back up QB, but only if he re-does his contract. Nobody is paying 18 million for Teddy, nor is anyone giving a top 90 pick for him. As for us, we traded our #1 pick last year and struck gold, is there a quality DE that might be traded for the #21 pick? Maybe a team in cap hell, or one needing an extra 1st to move higher in the 1st? Would the bronco's trade Cubb for #21 if they could package both their own #1 and ours to move up to Atlanta's spot for a QB??

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I know Rhodes very well could be gone next year, but drafting a CB in the 1st this year seems like a very roundabout way of dealing with our needs. We have a DE need NOW. Postponing dealing with it would feel like giving up in my opinion.

CB is a need next year and we don't have the picks or the trade value to get away with drafting a CB in the first few rounds this year.

Also, I know drafting for need isn't always an option, but this mock is like a last resort in my opinion. We have serious needs on DE and LT and if we can't get either met in the 1st, then we trade back. If we can't get good enough value for the 21st, then, and only then, is CB an option as BPA.

DE isn't as deep but LT can easily be found at 54

16 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

DE isn't as deep but LT can easily be found at 54

I hope so

I do think as you get later and later on the LT spot, the more likely they arent going to be ready for day 1

I do think that Eichenberg MIGHT be there

As well as Leatherwood, and Christianson (BYU)

Eichenberg may be the most ready for NFL (Day one), but 

All 3 may need some polish before they start at LT

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I hope so

I do think as you get later and later on the LT spot, the more likely they arent going to be ready for day 1

I really like Radunz at 54. He needs to bulk up but has great potential. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I really like Radunz at 54. He needs to bulk up but has great potential. 

I would agree, if we havent gone tackle at 21, then 54 is a great spot

I just think he is going to be gone before 54

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I hope so

Eichenberg might already be at his ceiling thats his one knock and he's not as athletic 

20 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Eichenberg might already be at his ceiling thats his one knock and he's not as athletic 

Maybe

I think he has really good footwork and on day 1, he will have a strength and conditioning coach in his ear to improve

He may not be able to increase his athletic ability, but he probably can get a bit stronger, which would help his cause

He does suffer from some short arm issues, which is terrible if you expect him to pick up the check, but could limit his ability to keep the longer armed DEs off of him.

Its sort of like when your older brother with longer arms (It was a cousin for me) puts his hands on your forehead and you cant reach him to punch him......  

They teach the OTs these days to swat the hands away when the DE uses their longer arms to start a rip or swim move

You can see this on Jenkins tape. He quickly swats away that stuff.... some OL coach is showing him that

Overall, Eichenberg will not be pro bowl, but with some work he is a guy that can develop to hold his own against the DE in front of him. If we end up with him, or 3 or 4 others OT prospects, (not at 21 for the latter group) I am a happy camper

If he gets a pro bowler in front of him, you give him some help with TE and LG, (Sometimes WR)

And you set plays that work some times against the better DEs (Traps)

21 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Bridgewater is being looked at as a back up QB, but only if he re-does his contract. Nobody is paying 18 million for Teddy, nor is anyone giving a top 90 pick for him. As for us, we traded our #1 pick last year and struck gold, is there a quality DE that might be traded for the #21 pick? Maybe a team in cap hell, or one needing an extra 1st to move higher in the 1st? Would the bronco's trade Cubb for #21 if they could package both their own #1 and ours to move up to Atlanta's spot for a QB??

This would be amazing. He has underwhelmed so far but mostly due to a few injury issues.