Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible new names for the WFT

Myles

Season ticket holders were given surveys on these possible names.  

I think they will be the Wild Hogs

I think they should be the Skins.

Aces

Ambassadors

Anchors

Archers

Armada

Aviators

Beacons

Belters

Brigade

Commanders

Defenders

Demon Cats

First City Football Club (FCFC)

Football Team

Griffins

Guardians

Icons

Majors

Monarchs

Pilots

Presidents

Razorbacks

Redtails

Redwolves

Red Hogs

Renegades

Riders

Rising

Royals

Rubies

Swifts

Warriors

Washington DC Football Club (DCFC)

Washington Capital City Football Club (CCFC)

Wayfarers

Wild Hogs

Personally, I like Redtails. It's a nod to the legendary Tuskegee Airmen, so a nice 180 from what was considered to be a derogatory name previously. It's the same length as Redskins, so logo & signage-wise, it's easier. It also fits right in with their current fight song & sayings, so from a fan perspective it works.

53 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

What is a "belter", anyway? That is a strange name. 

It most likely has to do with the capital beltway (I-495) and I'm assuming people that live within it are called "belters". Not the best nickname....

1200px-Capital_Beltway_Map_Color.svg.png

13 hours ago, Myles said:

Aces

Ambassadors

Anchors

Archers

Armada

Aviators

Beacons

Belters

Brigade

Commanders

Defenders

Demon Cats

First City Football Club (FCFC)

Football Team

Griffins

Guardians

Icons

Majors

Monarchs

Pilots

Presidents

Razorbacks

Redtails

Redwolves

Red Hogs

Renegades

Riders

Rising

Royals

Rubies

Swifts

Warriors

Washington DC Football Club (DCFC)

Washington Capital City Football Club (CCFC)

Wayfarers

Wild Hogs

How are these all so bad?  I don't really like any of them.

I like that some are a nod to history like the Redtails, but none of these feel like very good names for a football team.  Except maybe Wild Hogs, but if that's the best option? ...

Ambassadors?  Demon Cats?  Icons?  Rising?  or just a bunch of letters that end in FC...

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

How are these all so bad?  I don't really like any of them.

I like that some are a nod to history like the Redtails, but none of these feel like very good names for a football team.  Except maybe Wild Hogs, but if that's the best option? ...

Ambassadors?  Demon Cats?  Icons?  Rising?  or just a bunch of letters that end in FC...

giphy.gif

If they want to keep some heritage, then I am more in agreement to the bolded or the Red Hogs.  It plays to their legion of fans who loved the "hogs" of the great OLines of the 80's (and Riggins as well).  I *think* they still have the Pig Pen??

12 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

If they want to keep some heritage, then I am more in agreement to the bolded or the Red Hogs.  It plays to their legion of fans who loved the "hogs" of the great OLines of the 80's (and Riggins as well).  I *think* they still have the Pig Pen??

Good point. One of their sites is called Hogs Haven or Hogs Heaven.

I'd get crazy with it if I owned the WFT.  Something like...

"DC Infantry"

Drab green would be the main color, with white trim.  Just those two colors as main.  Would also have an alternate jersey that is camo.

Emblem on the drab green helmets would be crossed muskets or sabers (or similar) on one side, and the player's number on the other side, in white.  Simple and no-nonsense.

Oh and a US flag in white on the shoulders, oriented correctly of course.  Would be cool to have a military themed team.

3 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Didn't I read somewhere that they are actually thinking about leaving it as the Washington Football Team? lol The world's most generic team name ever. 

I like it.   That should be what they do.   Makes them stand out. 

• w87r changed the title to Possible new names for the WFT

Since the team's Board of Directors has not allowed the most appropriate name for the team to be on the list.......The Washington Elites,  I'm hoping they choose Football Team.

Red Hogs seems like it would be the proper name, but it kind of has a "diseased pig" aura about it.

Archived