Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Less than two weeks out: NCF's Top-32....

I always try to break down rounds into thirds.    Top-10, Bottom-10, and the middle, however big that is.   That's why you see my first round divided up as it is.

If you have questions about any players on the list, or off the list,  please feel free to ask.

1.   Lawrence      QB1

2.   Pitts               TE1

3.   Wilson           QB2

4.   Chase           WR1

5.   Sewell           OT1

6.   Smith            WR2

7.   Fields            QB3

8.   Waddle          WR3

9.   Lance            QB4

10. Slater             OT2

11. Parsons        LB1

12. Surtain          CB1

13. Paye              DE1

14. Horn              CB2

15. Jones            QB5

16. Farley            CB3

17. JOK               LB2

18. Darrisaw        OT3

19. AVT               OG1

20. Phillips          DE2

21. Newsome     CB4

22. Barmore        DT1

23. Bateman      WR4

24. Cosmi          OT4

25. Etienne         RB1

26. Jenkins        OT5

27. Toney           WR5

28. Harris           RB2

29. Dickerson     C1

30. Ojulari          OLB1

31. Collins         LB3

32. Moehring     SAF1

14 hours ago, MPStack said:

Do you think CB is a possibility at 21? 

Yes.   I see CB as our 3rd or 4th most pressing need, and I think a top corner worthy of the 21st pick will be there.   If Ballard loves that player enough over the other options, then I think he’d pull the trigger. 

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Why not?

It's a position of need and the grade of one at 21 may be significantly higher than a Edge or LT.

I can’t see any other positions, but OT, Edge and CB at 21 for the Colts. I wonder with the acquisitions of Tevi and Davenport, if Ballard is comfortable with them in 2021 and landing an OT later in draft to address the other positions of needs in Rd’s 1-2. 

2 hours ago, MPStack said:

I can’t see any other positions, but OT, Edge and CB at 21 for the Colts. I wonder with the acquisitions of Tevi and Davenport, if Ballard is comfortable with them in 2021 and landing an OT later in draft to address the other positions of needs in Rd’s 1-2. 

I still think an OT will be acquired in FA.    Maybe one of the Chiefs tackles.    Anyway you and I are swinging on the same monkey-bars 

I'm just putting this on here for the Record....

I'm removing Dickerson, the Alabama Center at pick 29.   I didn't know he hurt his leg late in the season.   He's had surgery.   I think that drops him into R2.

And I'm replacing him with WR, Elijah Moore from Ole Miss.    He's a little small for my taste for a 1st R wide receiver,  but his super quickness and big play ability are too good to pass up.    So he's now my pick 29.     Moore for Dickerson.

We'll see how this works out.

2 hours ago, Hoose said:

Appreciate your work on this. I’m curious who you’d pick at 21..... a realistic pick consistent with your rankings and Colts’ needs. And your choice at 54 if no trade occurs. 

Kind of you to ask....   but honestly,  I don't have a great feel at all who we might take?    The way I think the first round is going to fall,  I can see us going in a number of directions...    LT,  DE,  CB,  or even WR.

That said,  I think our goal,  and it my hope too,  is that we'll draft LT after a trade down that nets us a third round pick.

So I think the top OT's will be gone....   leaving the following...

Cosmi, Jenkins,  Little for late 1st or early 2nd.   

Players like Eichenberg or Radunz or even Leatherwood I think would be options at LT at 54.

And if we pick LT with our first pick,  I think we'd go DE or maybe even WR in the 2nd.

My 2nd round choices at DE would be....

Turner,   Rousseau (I've actually seen him mocked in the late 50's recently.   Surprised me too.)  or Jordan Smith.

My 2nd round choices at WR would be....

Nico Collins,  Tylan Wallace, or Dayami Brown.

By the way,  I think I'd be fine if we traded back in R2 as well.   Perhaps 8-10 spots and picked up an additional 4.

That would give us 8 picks for this draft.  And from there, Ballard could wheel and deal for even more.

Archived