Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad72's First and Last Mock Draft 2021


Recommended Posts

Alright, here it goes. These trades will be close enough but not perfect, let me preface them. :) 

 

Trade 1: Colts trade No.21 to Ravens for No.27 and No.104 (their 3rd round compensatory pick) and No.171 (their 5th round pick)

Trade 2: Colts then trade No.27 to Falcons (they move back into Round 1) for pick No.35, their 4th rounder (pick No.108) and their 5th rounder (pick No.148)

 

Colts 1st pick: Round 2 Pick No.35 - Payton Turner, DE, Houston 6'5", 270 lbs - strong, good natural bend and agility for his size, fits our D to a tee. Some might say this might be a reach but they said that about Leonard too, and a very good system fit is worth half a round or round early, IMO

 

Colts 2nd pick: Round 2 Pick No.54 - Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa, 6'8", 311 lbs (lots of Jared Veldheer comparisons, very good athlete much like Braden Smith) - very quick on his feet, should be able to definitely transition to LT, I think he is a better prospect and athlete than Dillon Radunz at this stage of the draft, with longer arms and larger hands, IMO.

 

Colts 3rd pick: Round 3 Pick No.104 - Jabril Cox, LB, LSU, 6'3", 232 lbs - his athleticism will improve our LB corps and he has good arm length as well that Ballard covets, very good instincts and explosive with good cover talent

 

Colts 4th pick: Round 4 Pick No.108 -  Tamorrion Terry, WR, Florida State, 6'3", 207 lbs - has good speed, route running needs work which is why he will be available here, can be used like Alshon Jeffery for the big X WR/big body for slants for Reich's system while also sneaking past DBs for the occasional surprise home run hit

 

Colts 5th pick: Round 4 Pick No.127 - Hunter Long, TE, Boston College, 6'5", 254 lbs - body type is very close to Dallas Goedert and he will be our Burton replacement, receiving TE that is a mismatch for safeties and LBs

 

Colts 6th pick: Round 5 Pick No.148 - Benjamin St. Juste, CB, Minnesota, 6'0", 202 lbs - I am on the group consensus that Ballard will be drafting only for depth at cornerback unless some great value screams at him; and this is the kind of developmental prospect that fits what they like in CBs that is long that I expect the Colts to draft and develop.

 

Colts 7th pick: Round 5 Pick No.165 - Jonathan Marshall, DT, Arkansas, 6'3", 310 lbs - Very quick and disruptive athletic DT that is suited to play 3-technique on the inside.

 

Colts 8th pick: Round 5 Pick No.171 - Darrick Forrest, S, Cincinnati, 6'0", 206 lbs - excellent special teamer, definitely a box safety and has played a lot of big nickel for Cincinnati, compares to George Odum :) 

 

Colts 9th pick: Round 6 Pick No.206 - Jamie Newman, QB, Wake Forest, 6'3", 234 lbs - might be a later round Jacoby Brissett all over but should help with occasional usage of RPOs and QB sneaks by the goal line

 

Colts 10th pick: Round 7 Pick No.248 - Chauncey Golston, DE, Iowa, 6'5", 269 lbs - long armed developmental prospect who actually played well lining up inside at Senior Bowl, might work good in certain sub packages

 

 

Alright now, crucify me. :hide:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting

 

1 trade is tough , 2 are REALLY tough for a mock

 

I like Turner, but from the draft gurus. You may have him 15 picks too early

I like Terry and 4th is probably reasonable ("Scary Terry")

I like Brown, but he is probably 1 full round too early, there MIGHT be someone like Eich or Christensen that are still on the board

- Brown MIGHT be a RT only as well

I like Hunter Long for this team

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for posting

 

1 trade is tough , 2 are REALLY tough for a mock

 

I like Turner, but from the draft gurus. You may have him 15 picks too early

I like Terry and 4th is probably reasonable ("Scary Terry")

I like Brown, but he is probably 1 full round too early, there MIGHT be someone like Eich or Christensen that are still on the board

- Brown MIGHT be a RT only as well

I like Hunter Long for this team

 

 

Turner - both Braden Smith and Darius Leonard were pegged to be drafted later by several folks (however not some in the know, especially DL) and they were drafted in Round 2.  I would be shocked if Turner lasts till 54, to be honest.

 

Spencer Brown's athleticism is off the charts, I expect a Kolton Miller like ascension to the top/middle of the 2nd round for Spencer Brown. He played TE for 2 years in high school, and as a lead blocker in a zone scheme with his athleticism, would be top notch. You will be surprised when the real draft comes around and he goes before the end of Round 2, which is what I think will happen. That also typically happens with OTs, overdrafting, if recent history is any indication.  :) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Turner - both Braden Smith and Darius Leonard were pegged to be drafted later by several folks (however not some in the know, especially DL) and they were drafted in Round 2.  I would be shocked if Turner lasts till 54, to be honest.

 

Spencer Brown's athleticism is off the charts, I expect a Kolton Miller like ascension to the top/middle of the 2nd round for Spencer Brown. He played TE for 2 years in high school, and as a lead blocker in a zone scheme with his athleticism, would be top notch. You will be surprised when the real draft comes around and he goes before the end of Round 2, which is what I think will happen. That also typically happens with OTs, overdrafting, if recent history is any indication.  :) 

 

 

I agree.  I've been high on him the whole time.  I do think he will be taken closer to middle of 2nd round than middle of 3rd round.  And honestly, IF he looks to be a better RT, I am fine with them moving Smith to LT.  I would be VERY HAPPY to see Brown wearing the shoe next year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not bad, but I think Eichenberg will be there at 54 and I would take him. And the 4th round pick I would take Kieth Taylor the cb from Washington. I also don't think I would take Turner at 35.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, chad72 said:

Alright, here it goes. These trades will be close enough but not perfect, let me preface them. :) 

 

Trade 1: Colts trade No.21 to Ravens for No.27 and No.104 (their 3rd round compensatory pick) and No.171 (their 5th round pick)

Trade 2: Colts then trade No.27 to Falcons (they move back into Round 1) for pick No.35, their 4th rounder (pick No.108) and their 5th rounder (pick No.148)

 

Colts 1st pick: Round 2 Pick No.35 - Payton Turner, DE, Houston 6'5", 270 lbs - strong, good natural bend and agility for his size, fits our D to a tee. Some might say this might be a reach but they said that about Leonard too, and a very good system fit is worth half a round or round early, IMO

 

Colts 2nd pick: Round 2 Pick No.54 - Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa, 6'8", 311 lbs (lots of Jared Veldheer comparisons, very good athlete much like Braden Smith) - very quick on his feet, should be able to definitely transition to LT, I think he is a better prospect and athlete than Dillon Radunz at this stage of the draft, with longer arms and larger hands, IMO.

 

Colts 3rd pick: Round 3 Pick No.104 - Jabril Cox, LB, LSU, 6'3", 232 lbs - his athleticism will improve our LB corps and he has good arm length as well that Ballard covets, very good instincts and explosive with good cover talent

 

Colts 4th pick: Round 4 Pick No.108 -  Tamorrion Terry, WR, Florida State, 6'3", 207 lbs - has good speed, route running needs work which is why he will be available here, can be used like Alshon Jeffery for the big X WR/big body for slants for Reich's system while also sneaking past DBs for the occasional surprise home run hit

 

Colts 5th pick: Round 4 Pick No.127 - Hunter Long, TE, Boston College, 6'5", 254 lbs - body type is very close to Dallas Goedert and he will be our Burton replacement, receiving TE that is a mismatch for safeties and LBs

 

Colts 6th pick: Round 5 Pick No.148 - Benjamin St. Juste, CB, Minnesota, 6'0", 202 lbs - I am on the group consensus that Ballard will be drafting only for depth at cornerback unless some great value screams at him; and this is the kind of developmental prospect that fits what they like in CBs that is long that I expect the Colts to draft and develop.

 

Colts 7th pick: Round 5 Pick No.165 - Jonathan Marshall, DT, Arkansas, 6'3", 310 lbs - Very quick and disruptive athletic DT that is suited to play 3-technique on the inside.

 

Colts 8th pick: Round 5 Pick No.171 - Darrick Forrest, S, Cincinnati, 6'0", 206 lbs - excellent special teamer, definitely a box safety and has played a lot of big nickel for Cincinnati, compares to George Odum :) 

 

Colts 9th pick: Round 6 Pick No.206 - Jamie Newman, QB, Wake Forest, 6'3", 234 lbs - might be a later round Jacoby Brissett all over but should help with occasional usage of RPOs and QB sneaks by the goal line

 

Colts 10th pick: Round 7 Pick No.248 - Chauncey Golston, DE, Iowa, 6'5", 269 lbs - long armed developmental prospect who actually played well lining up inside at Senior Bowl, might work good in certain sub packages

 

 

Alright now, crucify me. :hide:

 

I like it, Chad.  A few of my faves are on there - Turner, St. Juste, Golston.  I also have a sneaky suspicion about a relatively early LB - no great need there, but laddering with a LB each year allows you to let players like Walker go and avoid paying up to keep veteran FA LBs  (not named Leonard - gotta pay up for him).  You had me going back to read up more on Spencer Brown.  It’s funny, No. Iowa’s Elerson Smith has become my EDGE of choice (great Pro Day w/ a 41.5” vertical) - we could draft two No. Iowa players.  How weird would that be?  I’m still a vehement Radunz backer, though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 6:35 PM, tvturner said:

I love the Terry and Forrest picks

 

But I wouldn't draft Turner at 75 let alone 35..


Payton Turner went in Round 1, I wasn’t far off with 35 :) .  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...