Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are Teams with Later picks in 1st Rd Most Likely To Get A Better Guard Or LT?

Better Quality Player With Later Picks  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Better Quality Player With Later Picks

• LT
    • Guard

I mean teams will go after either. Obviously a LT will be picked in your top 5. A guard typically isn’t picked inside the top 10 or 15. Towards the end of the first you could have 4 or 5 Tackles drafted and only 1 or 2 guards. So I mean it depends on depth and team needs I guess. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Thanks!   I’m looking forward to seeing TY do his thing this year.   In some ways, he reminds me of Marvin; great hands, good route-runner, gets open and he’s smart. He may protect himself against vicious hits but Marvin did the same.     Maybe he doesn’t have the yards that some #1s have but that may be a product of a system that spreads the ball around. Some call him average or mediocre. If that’s what average or mediocre looks like, I’ll take it! 
    • Pacers are an amazing organization IMO.  They’ve assembled competitive teams for most of the last 25 years with very few high draft picks and not much FA draw to the square city in the middle of a cornfield.   They stink because of injury.  I’m pretty bullish in them assuming a return to the court for all these injured guys.  Are you?
    • The Seahawks allocated about 20% of the cap to the oline, raves about 12,  and 2011 NYG about 15.  That is what this thread is  about, cap economy.
    • In one of the posts I’ve said it’s possible that the Colts are revolutionizing football which happens every so often.  It’s not likely statistically because these type of changes happen once or twice a decade or so.   I said think the rules dictate that the passing game is the most efficient way to score.   One thing that might favor such a revolution, is the fact that since the rules are set up for passing success, teams have adjusted their personnel characteristics,  smaller LBs, nickel base ds.  It’s possible that  emmit smith era emphasis will come back.  I doubt it though.  You still are going to need to throw it into the end zone.
    • I’m not talking about having a great oline.  I’m talking about spending 30 to 40% of your cap in them..  Of course having a great o line is helpful.     The Hoggs aren’t recent.
  • Members

• Nadine

Nadine 6,746

Administrators
    • dew5150

dew5150 114

• danlhart87

danlhart87 9,261

• w87r

w87r 5,625

Moderators
    • cdgacoltsfan