Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mental Health Initiative

The Public Service Announcements run in select cable channels all over the country.

My wife has noticed them.  “Hey!  Isn’t that your favorite team doing that?!”    Yes it is!

Proud to be a fan of the Colts!!    :colts:

• Like 4

Mental health issues impact literally everyone. The degree to which people are affected obviously differs, but everyone will experience a mental health issue at some point in their life, just like everyone will experience a physical health issue of some kind.

I think the stigma around mental health issues has diminished greatly over the course of the last 3-5 years. They're seen by fewer and fewer people as a sign of weakness or lack of fortitude than previously. 

I think the next step is treating these issues as if they are any other health issue. Sometimes they're brought on through no fault of our own, sometimes our habits and lifestyle can generate or exacerbate them. They need treatment like any other health issue, and shouldn't be a source of judgement or ridicule like any other health issue. 

• Like 6

My dad suffers from mental illness. It took decades for him to finally tackle it. Trying to convince someone they need help was one of the most impossible task we ever took.  Even cost him relationships with two of my brothers. Wasn’t until his employer of 30yrs told him he either had to seek help or they were going to terminate him. He admits now he knew something was wrong but was afraid everyone would think he was crazy and hate him.  Sadly, not getting treatment caused more people to think that.  Hopefully, programs like this can help people reach out and not be embarrassed or scared.  

• Like 5

I've lost a relationship with my mother because of her mental health issues.  Getting one to admit they need help can be very challenging.  Thanks to the support of wife,  I've been able to manage my bipolar.  @AwesomeAustin I'm glad your dad got treatment!

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Hmmm...part of me wonders if one of the big 3 isn’t re-signed. I am sort of surprised that none of them have been. Then again, that’s likely more of a summer move.   Not that they shouldn’t...but from a logistical roster construction perspective...that’s likely ~$55M to (3) players.   For a GM who values flexibility with the cap, it’s going to be increasingly difficulty to find it with several top tier non-QB contracts. They could have 1/3 of a salary cap going to (4) non-QBs.   Also, something to consider is that DeFo has no gtd money after two more seasons. So a bold prediction might be that one of Q/Smith/Leonard/DeFo will not be on the 2023 roster.   Good problems to have though. Just wouldn’t surprise if a trade happened at some point.    As for a couple others, I don’t think Glow is back...unless it’s a cheap deal (but there’s no reason for him to take that...he’s a starting RG in the NFL).   Hines will likely be back...if he’s willing to take a $4-5M AAV (which is on par with his counterparts). Interestingly, Taylor is up for an extension after year 3...when Hines would be heading into year 2 of his extension. Are the Colts going to have a healthy Taylor paid less than Hines? 
    • My guess would be no. I'm not aware of anywhere requiring proof of vaccination except maybe schools or government employees. While I do think everyone who can get vaccinated should, it would be a disaster if it was absolutely required to go in public. 
    • Got the tix hotel and flight from Boston to Nashville for the game on the 9/26th.  San Fran was my second choice too
    • Nice!  That was our second choice!  
    • People don't seem to realize he's the same size as Andrew. 
  • Members

• RockThatBlue

RockThatBlue 1,352

Moderators
    • MPStack

MPStack 3,652

• AustinnKaine

AustinnKaine 368

• Zoltan

Zoltan 760

• shasta519

shasta519 3,090