Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saw this on Reddit:

Have a bold prediction that you want to say that will most likely look very stupid in a short time? But hey, you can get one right and pat yourself on the back.

1. Mac Jones is drafted by SF and finishes as best QB in 2021 class

2. Ballard takes a LB Day 2 and people lose their minds

3. No Defensive player is drafted until 11th 

4. Some team trades up late 1st for Kellen Mond

5. Caleb Farley falls out of the 1st Round

• Sad 1

Zaven Collins is an amazing long LB that would shine in this defense. (Would replace Okereke)

I HOPE it doesnt happen, but if the Colts go LB..... with an earlier pick ... I hope its him

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Zaven Collins is an amazing long LB that would shine in this defense. (Would replace Okereke)

I HOPE it doesnt happen, but if the Colts go LB..... with an earlier pick ... I hope its him

Do you like Baron Browning?

1. Greg Newsome is the 2nd best CB in this draft

2. Rashod Bateman is the 2nd best WR in this class

3. There's only two starter worthy DEs in this draft

4. Colts don't (and shouldn't) go OT in R1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, tvturner said:

1. Greg Newsome is the 2nd best CB in this draft

2. Rashod Bateman is the 2nd best WR in this class

3. There's only two starter worthy DEs in this draft

4. Colts don't (and shouldn't) go OT in R1

who is #1 for 1 and 2

1 minute ago, BluesGirl said:

Gotta be Surtain and Chase. They are easily the best two at their positions.     Newsome over Horn is interesting.   

I know his CB is Farley 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Saw this on Reddit:

Have a bold prediction that you want to say that will most likely look very stupid in a short time? But hey, you can get one right and pat yourself on the back.

Not sure how Bold  some are. 

Schefter predicted SF will draft Mac Jones, and if he goes to SF, that's a extremely good situation.  Some say they are a SB team. So statistically speaking, a rookie QB can have best stats in his class in year 1 in SF.

We lost Walker,  so replacing  him early is not so far fetched.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Not sure how Bold  some are. 

Schefter predicted SF will draft Mac Jones, and if he goes to SF, that's a extremely good situation.  Some say they are a SB team. So statistically speaking, a rookie QB can have best stats in his class in year 1 in SF.

We lost Walker,  so replacing  him early is not so far fetched.

You know very well though lots of people wouldn't be happy if they drafted LB high but I wouldn't be upset 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

You know very well though lots of people wouldn't be happy if they drafted LB high but I wouldn't be upset 

Add a bold prediction yourself my friend

Just now, tvturner said:

Chase and Farley

I personally think best WR will be Smith and best CB Horn but what do I know 

Farley falling might be good and put him on playoff team

Just now, danlhart87 said:

True, cause the 'narrative' here is Edge & LT or LT & Edge in rounds 1 & 2 and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE. 

But the fact is, and I posted it before, pigeonholing picks for certain positions is not good drafting.

Just because we draft a Edge early doesn't solve our need for a impactful Edge if the player lacks the necessary talent.

BPA is the way to go, and since we have so many needs(LT,Edge,WR,TE,CB,LB), the BPA will highly most likely FILL A NEED.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

My Bold Prediction is...........

....Ballard trades out of the 2021 First Round.

Interesting how far you thinking he trades down 

12 hours ago, WentzinRome said:

I predict, that peeps will make predictions, that most likely won't come true.

Yup, like most every mock draft (especially those without trades) scenario that gets posted.

People tend to get (most of) the 'players' in round 1 and 2 right, just not draft slot/position or team with accuracy.  Thus Dr. T's annual draft thread posted here.

EDIT: I still like seeing people post those mock drafts (especially full ones) anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Interesting how far you thinking he trades down 

I don't really know and haven't looked at trade chart AND who the trade partner may be.

But..... we don't know what financial impact covid has had and will have this year for teams and more importantly Irsay.

First round picks require more signing bonus money, so trading out of first may help financially. 

Ballard likes picks, and we traded away our 2021 3rd and most likely our 2022 1st. So what would we get back if we traded our 2021 1st besides a 2022 1st??? 

I haven't looked at value chart so I'm guessing a additional 2021 3rd at the least, maybe a 2nd in this years along with a first in 2022?

If it's just a more traditional trade down , I would guess early/mid 2nd would be the the furthest down.

8 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't really know and haven't looked at trade chart AND who the trade partner may be.

But..... we don't know what financial impact covid has had and will have this year for teams and more importantly Irsay.

First round picks require more signing bonus money, so trading out of first may help financially. 

Ballard likes picks, and we traded away our 2021 3rd and most likely our 2022 1st. So what would we get back if we traded our 2021 1st besides a 2022 1st??? 

I haven't looked at value chart so I'm guessing a additional 2021 3rd at the least, maybe a 2nd in this years along with a first in 2022?

If it's just a more traditional trade down , I would guess early/mid 2nd would be the the furthest down.

Maybe we can do what we did with Washington trade down to Eagles for 21 2nd and 22 2nd which ends up being high second in 22

50 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Maybe we can do what we did with Washington trade down to Eagles for 21 2nd and 22 2nd which ends up being high second in 22

Maybe.... and I would think that trading a 2021 1st will get us a 2022 1st PLUS a additional high pick in 2021 or 2022?

That would help recoup what we lost in the Wentz trade and ease some of the lower revenue because of covid.

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Maybe.... and I would think that trading a 2021 1st will get us a 2022 1st PLUS a additional high pick in 2021 or 2022?

That would help recoup what we lost in the Wentz trade and ease some of the lower revenue because of covid.

no team will give up a 22 1st unfortunately 

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

We can only hope a team is dumb enough to offer that 

There are a lot of factors involved, but generally speaking, I believe,  a 2021 2nd round pick has the same value as a 2022 1st round pick..... so our 2021 1st round pick should be worth a 2022 1st round pick and additional pick(s). 

But it takes 2 to tango and Ballard and another GM both need to be willing. 

10 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Why is that?

He isnt a bad player, just not enough big plays

As Buckeye fan we have had some dominant LBs over the past 

He isnt one of them

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Saw this on Reddit:

I actually could see 4 coming true. Just with the way teams are for the 5th year and after his Pro Day teams were interested that he did his own script

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

My Bold Prediction is...........

....Ballard trades out of the 2021 First Round.

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

Colts trade out of round 1 lol :peek:

Season 1 Episode 3 GIF by FOX TV

• Like 1