Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

I have harped on this for awhile, but I believe Ojulari is one of the best 2 pass rushers in this draft, along with Jaelan Phllips. Phillips however has medical concerns, which may scare Ballard off.

 

Ojulari on the other hand, has explosive ability and long arms which Ballard loves, has improved each year at Georgia, and I believe he could play as both an OLB in a 3-4 and as a DE in a 4-3. 

 

https://www.nflanalysis.net/colts-will-strongly-consider-azeez-ojulari-at-no-21-in-nfl-draft/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

No No No GIF

 

Hes a 34 OLB 

 

Care to place a bet on which potential 1st round prospect ends up being the best pass rusher out of this group?

 

Azeez Ojulari

Kwity Paye

Gregory Rousseau

Jayson Oweh

Jaelan Phillips

 

I vote Phillips #1 but ONLY if his medical checks out and he has a long career.

 

My #2 is unquestionably Ojulari though and I'm willing to bet he ends up better than all those other names I listed. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

 

Care to place a bet on which potential 1st round prospect ends up being the best pass rusher out of this group?

 

Azeez Ojulari

Kwity Paye

Gregory Rousseau

Jayson Oweh

Jaelan Phillips

 

I vote Phillips #1 but ONLY if his medical checks out and he has a long career.

 

My #2 is unquestionably Ojulari though and I'm willing to bet he ends up better than all those other names I listed. 

 

Rousseau and Oweh will be bust. Ojulari has potential but doesn't fit our scheme. @NewColtsFan has already told you its like fitting a square peg in round hole.

 

A guy that I really like for our system is Payton Turner. He's the prototypical DE Ballard likes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I dont think Oweh will be a bust if he goes to a team with a scheme like ours. I wouldnt mind having him. Just not in the first round.

Oweh elite athleticism doesn't match his production. He had 0 sacks in 2020.

 

Hes big time BUST material 

 

Rousseau has potential to be great but the time off has effected his stock and his pro day. I think he falls to Round 2 now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Too light in the britches. 240lbs!

 

On a side note. What happened to all the 4-3 Weak Side LB’s who put up double digit sacks. It’s like they don’t exist anymore. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Oweh elite athleticism doesn't match his production. He had 0 sacks in 2020.

 

Hes big time BUST material 

 

Rousseau has potential to be great but the time off has effected his stock and his pro day. I think he falls to Round 2 now. 

Doesnt have to match production. Hes got moldable traits and the type of type of elite athleticism that fit our scheme perfectly. Mo Cox had zero production when we got him. They took a chance on him based on traits that they felt had a history of being successful. Leonard Floyd didnt have much production either. Drafted mostly on traits.  You can take what Oweh has and mold it. I think especially so in our scheme where you pretty much are playing on the same side of the field against the same tackle all game long contnuously rushing upfield. Id take him but outside of Rd 1.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Doesnt have to match production. Hes got moldable traits and the type of type of elite athleticism that fit our scheme perfectly. Mo Cox had zero production when we got him. They took a chance on him based on traits that they felt had a history of being successful. Leonard Floyd didnt have much production either. Drafted mostly on traits.  You can take what Oweh has and mold it. I think especially so in our scheme where you pretty much are playing on the same side of the field against the same tackle all game long contnuously rushing upfield. Id take him but outside of Rd 1.

Thats the problem though isn't it. There's no way he's falling to 54.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Thats the problem though isn't it. There's no way he's falling to 54.

Most likely yes but who knows. I really think hes about a 3rd round prospect but of course we know how the NFL is when it comes to eye candy.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If Ojulari was a real 6 ft 3 and around 250ish i think hed fit. But since hes 6 '2" and 240 i think that puts him more in the mold of John Simon and we know what Ballard ended up doing to John Simon. Shipping him to a team that plays a 3-4 front to play OLB.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, krunk said:

If Ojulari was a real 6 ft 3 and around 250ish i think hed fit. But since hes 6 '2" and 240 i think that puts him more in the mold of John Simon and we know what Ballard ended up doing to John Simon. Shipping him to a team that plays a 3-4 front to play OLB.

Ojulari would be perfect replacement for Judon in Baltimore 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, krunk said:

If Ojulari was a real 6 ft 3 and around 250ish i think hed fit. But since hes 6 '2" and 240 i think that puts him more in the mold of John Simon and we know what Ballard ended up doing to John Simon. Shipping him to a team that plays a 3-4 front to play OLB.

 

His teammate at Penn State, Shaka Toney, was the one who finished a lot of plays versus IU when I saw him. He scored pretty good on the RAS (9.48) and fits our system too. I have a feeling he might be a Colt on Day 3. However, if Ballard traded back to top of Round 2 and drafted Oweh, I will not complain at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, krunk said:

If Ojulari was a real 6 ft 3 and around 250ish i think hed fit. But since hes 6 '2" and 240 i think that puts him more in the mold of John Simon and we know what Ballard ended up doing to John Simon. Shipping him to a team that plays a 3-4 front to play OLB.

Take a note on his arms. He's one of the longest players at DE in the draft. He's not tall, but he has long arms - over 34"... I don't believe he's stuck being a 3-4 OLB. I think he can play DE pretty easily. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

His teammate at Penn State, Shaka Toney, was the one who finished a lot of plays versus IU when I saw him. He scored pretty good on the RAS (9.48) and fits our system too. I have a feeling he might be a Colt on Day 3. However, if Ballard traded back to top of Round 2 and drafted Oweh, I will not complain at all.

To each their own

I'm not a fan of him at all

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stitches said:

Take a note on his arms. He's one of the longest players at DE in the draft. He's not tall, but he has long arms - over 34"... I don't believe he's stuck being a 3-4 OLB. I think he can play DE pretty easily. 

 

If he has played in a 3 point stance enough, he can play 4-3 DE. Easily or not, that is a tough prediction to make.

 

Let us not forget, Robert Mathis was around the same height and weight measurables. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Rousseau and Oweh will be bust. Ojulari has potential but doesn't fit our scheme. @NewColtsFan has already told you its like fitting a square peg in round hole.

 

A guy that I really like for our system is Payton Turner. He's the prototypical DE Ballard likes.

Agreed. Turner is a perfect fit for this defense. I can hear Ballard rave about him in the "With the next pick" series already.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PureLuck said:

Agreed. Turner is a perfect fit for this defense. I can hear Ballard rave about him in the "With the next pick" series already.

Hes my #1 option at 54 currently 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, stitches said:

Take a note on his arms. He's one of the longest players at DE in the draft. He's not tall, but he has long arms - over 34"... I don't believe he's stuck being a 3-4 OLB. I think he can play DE pretty easily. 

I definitely think he can play the game. I just think he may be a tad short for what Ballard likes in this instance. He tends to get DE with a certain size profile. If this were Dungy making the call id say Ojulari had a high chance of being a Colt. Im not so sure with Ballard.  I thought Simon based on what i knew of Dungy when we ran Cover 2 and also some of the sacks Simon was getting when he was here. Those 2 things i thought for sure made him a fit. Ballard thought differently then i did though. He played a decent amount standing up and dropping in coverage at Georgia. Plus the size seems a tad bit more of a fit for a 3-4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

Azeez is a 3-4 OLB scheme fit. Many scouts think he will thrive at the next level in a 3-4 scheme. He doesn't have the size for a 4-3 scheme fit.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BProland85 said:

 

Care to place a bet on which potential 1st round prospect ends up being the best pass rusher out of this group?

 

Azeez Ojulari

Kwity Paye

Gregory Rousseau

Jayson Oweh

Jaelan Phillips

 

I vote Phillips #1 but ONLY if his medical checks out and he has a long career.

 

My #2 is unquestionably Ojulari though and I'm willing to bet he ends up better than all those other names I listed. 

 

1. Phillips 

2. Paye

 

And the other 3 have high bust potential 

 

 

Hard pass on Azeez, aswell as Oweh and Rousseau for me

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tvturner said:

1. Phillips 

2. Paye

 

And the other 3 have high bust potential 

 

 

Hard pass on Azeez, aswell as Oweh and Rousseau for me

If Paye fell to 21

 

x factor GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...