Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone got an opinion on him?

If our 2nd round pick comes down to Fleener or Janoris Jenkins, I'd want to take Jenkins because the value of a shutdown corner is just too good to pass up. Plus I think we could get a respectable TE later on in the form of Michael Egnew.

He had an excellent combine, rating as a top performer in all of the speed drills. Really the only knock on him is his run blocking, which if you ask me, is more the job of the Oline than the TEs. He has good size 6'5 252 lbs. Really athletic. I believe he is a converted receiver so his run blocking should be a little suspect. He'll get it together though with good coaching. In a Bruce Arians system, we need fast people to stretch the field, and I think he will provide that.

If our 2nd round pick comes down to Fleener or Janoris Jenkins, I'd want to take Jenkins because the value of a shutdown corner is just too good to pass up. Plus I think we could get a respectable TE later on in the form of Michael Egnew.

He had an excellent combine, rating as a top performer in all of the speed drills. Really the only knock on him is his run blocking, which if you ask me, is more the job of the Oline than the TEs. He has good size 6'5 252 lbs. Really athletic. I believe he is a converted receiver so his run blocking should be a little suspect. He'll get it together though with good coaching. In a Bruce Arians system, we need fast people to stretch the field, and I think he will provide that.

Agree especially since we have NT grab an early CB and be set for now on DEF.Egnew is also a nice addition very athletic a lil small for blocking but he can bulk up a lil.

Jenkins is a cancer. I wouldn't be pumped about him at all.

Jenkins reminds me of a shorter Cromartie. If managed right, with the right environment to keep his head straight, he can be an elite CB.

He was kicked off the team in Florida, arrested 3 times, failed a drug test and has 4 kids from 3 different women. If that does't raise multiple red flags for you...I don't know what will. Sometimes, someone is just a bad dude to draft for a locker room that is trying to come together in a strange year. His best fit is probably the Lions. They'll take anyone.

I wouldnt mind having him. He would be good 3rd or 4th rounder. If I had my choice Id want to take Allen in the 3rd if he fell. Or maybe trade back up into late 2nd if needed as long as we didnt lose much. Id like to get Allen in 3rd and Hanna in 6th. But idk about that being possible.