Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looking for GMs: New Flash Mock


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Are we just doing the first round or is the plan to eventually do all 7?  

Will likely do minimum 5 rounds, 7 if folks don't disappear lol. Likely starting Monday.

5 hours ago, Qwiz said:

As long as I’m able to find the time to hop on, I’ll try to participate :D 

Can we get more than a "I'll try" lol. 

We'll do min 5 rounds, likely Mon-Fri, and you'll have pre-set times (see above) for your pick(s).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We'll do min 5 rounds, likely Mon-Fri, and you'll have pre-set times (see above) for your pick(s).

I would've been able to swing a 1st round mock, but I know I wouldn't be able to do a 5 or 7 round mock.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Thank you for the invite but I won’t be able to participate.

 

Come on man, you will have 1 team and just 1 team to devote some research to and check in for about 15 minutes tops during an evening. :thmup: You can do it!!! :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Awesome!!! Thanks for doing this @EastStreet despite your busy schedule.

 

Of course, I am in and love to get my hands dirty. 

I'm thinking we start on Monday evening, is that cool with you and @NFLfan  ?

 

I got the text of the big board done last night (top 340 from NFL.com). Going to coordinate with NFLfan tonight to get it published, pinned, and locked (so it's read only and only updatable by NFLfan).

 

As soon as we get enough GMs, we'll do the lottery. Thinking we'll do some kind of blind lotto with one of us with the "key", and another using a random numeric generator to ensure it's blind/fair.

 

Any fans of other teams like @JoeThornburg of the Steelers , we'll auto assign their team (unless there are multiple fans of that team). The rest of the Colts fans, we'll put through the lotto.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Nickster said:

SOunds cool.  Don't know enough about CFB to be much more than a place holder for automatic though.  I'll be interested in the results though.

You don't really need to know a lot about CFB. 

All you really need to do once you get your team is

  1. Know your team's needs (I'll post a few links with team needs)
  2. Peruse a big board or two and identify targets (I'll post a few of these too, and we'll have a thread updated real time to show what's available)
  3. Show up at your scheduled time, and make your pick from who is available. 
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

You don't really need to know a lot about CFB. 

All you really need to do once you get your team is

  1. Know your team's needs (I'll post a few links with team needs)
  2. Peruse a big board or two and identify targets (I'll post a few of these too, and we'll have a thread updated real time to show what's available)
  3. Show up at your scheduled time, and make your pick from who is available. 

Sold, I guess it will be obvious how to do BPA/Need?  I don't know how much of the time I can be on what with driving kids all over the place and stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Sold, I guess it will be obvious how to do BPA/Need?  I don't know how much of the time I can be on what with driving kids all over the place and stuff.

Here's a link for team needs (I don't agree with all of it, but it's pretty good overall)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/team-needs

 

It's tiered into primary, secondary, ancillary, and "don't need". Colts example below from TDN.

 

Colts

Primary - OT, CB, WR

Secondary - IDL, EDGE, LB, TE

Ancillary - QB, S

Don't need - IOL, RB

 

It's up to you if you want to follow it, and how you want to weigh need vs PBA.

 

IMO, the Colts needs are more like the below, which I would personally follow. And even with that, depending on BPA, I might not follow the tiers. 

 

Colts

Primary - Edge, LT

Secondary - CB, WR, LB, TE, S

Ancillary - IDL, IOL

Don't need - , RB, QB

 

You'll have a set time for your pick, so only need to be on for 15 minutes at most.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Here's a link for team needs (I don't agree with all of it, but it's pretty good overall)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/team-needs

 

It's tiered into primary, secondary, ancillary, and "don't need". Colts example below from TDN.

 

Colts

Primary - OT, CB, WR

Secondary - IDL, EDGE, LB, TE

Ancillary - QB, S

Don't need - IOL, RB

 

It's up to you if you want to follow it, and how you want to weigh need vs PBA.

 

IMO, the Colts needs are more like the below, which I would personally follow. And even with that, depending on BPA, I might not follow the tiers. 

 

Colts

Primary - Edge, LT

Secondary - CB, WR, LB, TE, S

Ancillary - IDL, IOL

Don't need - , RB, QB

 

You'll have a set time for your pick, so only need to be on for 15 minutes at most.

Sounds good. I'm a computer/tech ill* (my own word, supposed to sound like illiterate), I'll try not to screw it up when draft time comes.

 

Only disagrement I have with your Colts needs is I think we need a clear alpha WR or TE to take the next step, so I'd put that in the Primary slot. Otherwise, I see it the way you do for the most part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Sounds good. I'm a computer/tech ill* (my own word, supposed to sound like illiterate), I'll try not to screw it up when draft time comes.

 

Only disagrement I have with your Colts needs is I think we need a clear alpha WR or TE to take the next step, so I'd put that in the Primary slot. Otherwise, I see it the way you do for the most part.

Our goal for the mock is to make it super easy, and super quick, so folks can have a painless experience. As long as you show up 5-10 minutes before your pick to see what is available, you'll be on for no longer than 15min.

 

As far as needs are concerned, you don't have to follow anything if you don't want. If you get the Colts in the lottery, feel free to take a WR at 21, or even trade up :-) and get one earlier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Our goal for the mock is to make it super easy, and super quick, so folks can have a painless experience. As long as you show up 5-10 minutes before your pick to see what is available, you'll be on for no longer than 15min.

 

As far as needs are concerned, you don't have to follow anything if you don't want. If you get the Colts in the lottery, feel free to take a WR at 21, or even trade up :-) and get one earlier.

Well I won't know who the hell they are anyway :-)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Well I won't know who the hell they are anyway :-)  

Welp, at minimum, you'll know their grade. And you can read up on anyone you might target on NFL.com prospect tracker if you feel like researching a bit. They have profiles for pretty much every top 300+ kid.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Updated

 

Updated

 

So far, the early takers are

 

  1.  @EastStreet
  2. @chad72
  3. @MPStack
  4. @jvan1973
  5. @RNGDShobby
  6. @Defjamz26
  7. @JediXMan
  8. @ColtsGermany
  9. @stitches
  10. @JoeThornburg - Pittsburg: opposing fan auto assignment (unless he doesn't want them, or another Pitt fan signs up and we'll flip for it)
  11. @Nickster
  12. @danlhart87

 

 

Maybe

  1. @2006Coltsbestever

 

If needed

  1. @AwesomeAustin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

How will the lottery work 

All Colts fans will go into a lottery, and will select their preferred team based on the lottery outcome. I'll send a private, ordered list of posters/GMs to @chad72 and one other poster. @NFLfan, who will not have the list, will use a random number generator (like the link below). He will publish his random list, and Chad will publish his. The list will be mashed up, and result in the GM order (who will then pick their teams).

 

Example: List provided to Chad

 

EastStreat

Chad 72

Danlhart87

Nickster

MPStack

......

 

NLFfan uses a random generator for range of 1-X (in the case above, 5) and comes up with 

4

1

5

3

2

 

The two will be paired, and the result would be

 

1. Chad72

2. MPStack

3. Nickster

4. EastStreat

5. Danlhart87

 

So Chad would choose first (likely the Colts), followed by MPStack and so on... 

 

I know it sounds complicated, but it's extremely easy, and fair.

 

For fans of an opposing team, they'll get their team assuming they want their team, and there are no other opposing fans that want them too (Joe get Pitt for example, If NFLfan were playing, he'd get MN).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Updated

 

So far, the early takers are

 

  1.  @EastStreet
  2. @chad72
  3. @MPStack
  4. @jvan1973
  5. @RNGDShobby
  6. @Defjamz26
  7. @JediXMan
  8. @ColtsGermany
  9. @stitches
  10. @JoeThornburg - Pittsburg: opposing fan auto assignment (unless he doesn't want them, or another Pitt fan signs up and we'll flip for it)
  11. @Nickster
  12. @danlhart87
  13. @WarGhost21
  14. @Archer

 

 

Maybe

  1. @2006Coltsbestever

 

If needed

  1. @AwesomeAustin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@Drew2975 

@Dunk

@Mel Kiper's Hair

@RockThatBlue

 

Are you interested in participating?

 

 

Thanks so much for inviting me, but my daughter has a track meet Monday evening,  I have to mow my yard and my Mom's two acres, sometime next week plus golf league on Wednesday evening, Also with my lack of watching college football, and limited knowledge of other NFL teams needs all I could provide would be comic relief.

Have fun guys, I will enjoy seeing how you do,

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Will likely do minimum 5 rounds, 7 if folks don't disappear lol. Likely starting Monday.

Can we get more than a "I'll try" lol. 

We'll do min 5 rounds, likely Mon-Fri, and you'll have pre-set times (see above) for your pick(s).

Ah okay gotcha. Yeah I’m in man :default_20smile:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Shive said:

I would've been able to swing a 1st round mock, but I know I wouldn't be able to do a 5 or 7 round mock.

Yeah.  That’s how I feel.  I will be lucky to recognize any names after the 3rd round. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a super busy time of year for me, and Ive basically doubled my workload in the last 2 weeks, so there is zero chance I will have the time to do the proper leg work needed to do this. Im down to about 5% of my usual film study as it is. 

 

That being said, sign me up. Definitely cant handle 2 teams though. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the invite.    I cannot do anything on weekends including Fridays,  I play on weekends. I also cannot do anything on Wednesdays,  Golf league.

 

If you need someone I will play along, but just know it will be an auto draft on those nights.

 

Let me know   Thanks   

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Yeah.  That’s how I feel.  I will be lucky to recognize any names after the 3rd round. 

I definitely know a bunch of the mid-later round guys.

 

My issue is more just time. It's the busy time of year at work and we have a bunch of mandatory OT over the next few weeks. I know I could commit for one night, but every night for a week I just know isn't happening.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it will be on a weekday evening thing, and I only need to dedicate maybe 15 minutes each night to it, I could probably do it.

 

I would prefer the Colts, but if I can't get them, I would like the 49ers. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

If it will be on a weekday evening thing, and I only need to dedicate maybe 15 minutes each night to it, I could probably do it.

 

I would prefer the Colts, but if I can't get them, I would like the 49ers. 

 

It is going to be random allocation, unlike previous mocks where you get a choice, based on a randomizer. Just FYI.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Shive said:

I definitely know a bunch of the mid-later round guys.

 

My issue is more just time. It's the busy time of year at work and we have a bunch of mandatory OT over the next few weeks. I know I could commit for one night, but every night for a week I just know isn't happening.

 

Will probably be across 2 weeks, wish we could have spread it across 3 weeks, Rounds 1-2, Rounds 3-4 and Rounds 5-7. Maybe like previous mocks, we end up doing only 4 rounds, don't know. 

 

March, because of Spring break plans for so many, beginning of April seems to be the sweet spot to start things, just after most of free agency is done. We are behind by 2 weeks, IMO, sorry for the late start. We will learn for next year. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NFLfan unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...