Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looking for GMs: New Flash Mock

Hi Folks

We're looking to do a new mock, likely starting this weekend or Monday.

It'll be a bit different than previous drafts. In short, our goal is to make it quicker and smoother. We're also doing a lottery of sorts (to allow folks a chance at getting the Colts) for team selection.

If you read the following rules (which we may tweak before the start), we need to know two things.

1. Are you willing to be the GM for 2 teams (in the case we don't get 32)

2. If you miss your draft window, do you want pure BPA or Need/BPA (you will supply your need priority once you have your team). You can decide later.

If you do want to play, please follow this thread so you don't miss out on updates.

Basic guidelines/rules

1. We'll do a lottery for team selection.
  2. One round per evening. Two windows each evening (likely 7pm and 9pm, or 8pm and 10pm). One 1-16, the other 17-32, with a mini-break between 8/9 and 24/25 to catch up things if needed.
  3. The picks will be scheduled in 5 minute increments, so you'll know exactly when you need to pick. GMs can make their picks earlier than their scheduled times (if previous GM has picked), but the next GM's clock will not start until the scheduled time (you'll never lose your scheduled window)
  4. If you miss your scheduled pick time, you'll fall to the mini break or end of window. If you're there you can make your pick then, or the we'll make your pick for you based on your selection of PBA or need.
  5. To keep it simple, no personnel for pick trades while the draft is happening (only pick for pick trades during). You can make personnel trades for picks but they must be fully negotiated (with other GM) and submitted one hour prior to the start of the draft (first window).
  6. We'll have 3 people managing the mock. One in the general pick thread moderating and updating the draft order and picks, one in a trade thread moderating and approving, and one updating a real time big board so you know real time who available. @chad72 @NFLfan

I'll be posting links for draft order, draft capital, team needs, and big boards a bit later. 

• NFLfan pinned this topic
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You did a great job of mentioning almost everyone who participates on the forum. :thmup:

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

You did a great job of mentioning almost everyone who participates on the forum. :thmup:

The more the merrier :-)

I know a lot of people don't spend much time in the FA area, so wanted to give everyone a chance to jump in. 

All, the below is subject to change/tweak (may move it to a 7pm starting time), but here's a view of how the schedule will work. The pre-set schedule should allow for folks to tune in (or out) as needed.

Draft Order

8:00pm - 1. Jacksonville
8:05 - 2. NY Jets
8:10 - 3. San Fan (Houston)
8:15 - 4. Atlanta
8:20 - 5. Cincinnati
8:25 - 6. Miami (Philly)
8:30 - 7. Detroit
8:35 - 8. Carolina

8:40 - Mini Break (to catch up lists and missed windows, or refill your cocktail)

8:50 - 9. Denver
8:55 - 10. Dallas
9:00 - 11. NY Giants
9:05 - 12. Philly (San Fran)
9:10 - 13. LA Chargers
9:15 - 14. Minnesota
9:20 - 15. New England
9:25 - 16. Arizona

Break

10:00 - 17. Las Vegas
10:05 - 18. Miami
10:10 - 19. Washington
10:15 - 20. Chicago
10:20 - 21. COLTS!
10:25 - 22. Tennessee
10:30 - 23. NY Jets (Seattle)
10:35 - 24. Pittsburgh

10:40 - Mini Break

10:50 - 25. Jacksonville (Rams)
10:55 - 26. Cleveland
11:00 - 27. Baltimore
11:05 - 28. New Orleans
11:10 - 29. Green Bay
11:15 - 30. Buffalo
11:20 - 31. Kansas City
11:25- 32. Tampa Bay

3 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Appreciate the offer but I don’t trust myself.  I won’t take it serious and will pick Jeff George jr in the first round.  

I do like seeing what others, who do take it seriously, do though!

Quote I Am Serious GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

I will try my best to make it.

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

@NFLfan - you were going to GM too, right?

Not this year. I did not watch college football much this year. But I will assist with updating the big board and the list of draft selections. 

Starting Monday works a lot better for me. 

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

So far, the early takers are

1.  @EastStreet
  2. @chad72
  3. @MPStack
  4. @jvan1973
  5. @RNGDShobby
  6. @Defjamz26

@NFLfan - you were going to GM too, right?

Maybe

1. @2006Coltsbestever

If it doesn't start on the weekend

1. @JoeThornburg - Hey Joe (that's a great song), good chance we start Monday night.

If needed

1. @AwesomeAustin

Are we just doing the first round or is the plan to eventually do all 7?  

Archived