With the Next Pick (MERGE)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No... this will be me

From WTNP Episode 3:  We want a guy who wants to be coached, wants to get better, has high character, and has something you can point to that makes him unique. Is it me?  Or do these traits all a

To be fair, Rivers had a terrible season before coming to Indy and Reich said he could fix Rivers and he did.    Before that Reich got Andrew going on a return from injury and a long time wi

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Anyone know of a schedule?  I cant find a date for episode 2.

is it random?

Thought it was every other week... Might be completely wrong also.

There doesn't seem to be a strict schedule to it, typically a week or two between episodes.  Here's when all previous episodes were released:

Episode 1 - April 3

Episode 2 - April 10

Episode 3 - April 18

Episode 4 - April 24

Episode 5 - May 1

Episode 1 - March 25

Episode 2 - April 8

Episode 3 - April 21

Episode 4 (20 minutes long, basically 2 episodes in 1) - April 29

Episode 1 - March 31

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

For those with a subscription to The Athletic, they just published a behind the scenes article on our beloved behind the scenes series. Hah!

https://theathletic.com/2517474/2021/04/14/the-story-of-with-the-next-pick-why-the-colts-let-cameras-in-the-draft-room/

Article written by Zak Keefer

That article is great.  I hope the organization promotes or keeps knickerbocker on staff!

6 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

Yeah im thinking the same.

Maybe he had some skin cancer issues or something and had them removed. Otherwise that was kind of weird.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Maybe he had some skin cancer issues or something and had them removed. Otherwise that was kind of weird.

That was my first thought. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

Episode was not really draft related, centered around Carson and TY for the most part. 

As expected with the end of the first episode. 

Great to really see that connection and get to know him more. Beautiful daughter! Makes me miss those days when mine was little... Enjoy it Carson, it goes by way too fast. 

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Yeah, looks similar to what my wife’s eyes looked like after her skin cancer surgery. Hopefully he’s okay. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Great to really see that connection and get to know him more. Beautiful daughter! Makes me miss those days when mine was little... Enjoy it Carson, it goes by way too fast. 

Yeah, looks similar to what my wife’s eyes looked like after her skin cancer surgery. Hopefully he’s okay. 

I am sure he is. They can catch that early now:

TY’s laugh at the end had me rolling.

• Like 2
  • Shive changed the title to With the Next Pick (MERGE)
10 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

Wow, seeing Carson and Frank absolutely GUSH about each other has me super excited for next year lol. I knew they were tight, but

This episode makes it seem like more of a Reich/Wentz bromance than a carefully and logically crafted player acquisition. And the bromance appears to be a lot more about religion than football. That's worrying to me.

• Confused 2
1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

This episode makes it seem like more of a Reich/Wentz bromance than a carefully and logically crafted player acquisition. And the bromance appears to be a lot more about religion than football. That's worrying to me.

To an extent I can see why you'd be worried. But also, look at it as, every quarterback who's played under Reich has had a great year. So the Synergy and chemistry is most definitely a good thing alot of times. Plus they're realistically tied at the hip, if it doesn't work, Reich will be gone too.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

Episode was not really draft related, centered around Carson and TY for the most part. 

Technically it is since we gave up a 3rd this year for Wentz. 

Pretty indifferent to the Reich/Wentz relationship but if it makes both of them more successful then I welcome it. Best part of the episode for me was TY. Guy has been a stud for us for so many years and to see him excited again makes me happy. He was crushed when Andrew left and his production obviously suffered but I really do believe him and Wentz could do some fun things.

Will be exciting to watch, let's hope for a fantastic year! We are certainly setup for it with the talent and front office support this team has. 

9 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Just because they didn't share with you what Frank thinks of Wentz as a football player, and what they plan to do to bring him back to the high level of play he had in the past....    doesn't mean there isn't all that information somewhere.   They just didn't share it.   

If you want to not think much of this episode of the series,  that's fine.   Others seem disappointed too.   I just wouldn't let it bother me that they didn't break down more of the football relationship and aspect of the decision to trade for him.    I don't think it's an issue to worry about yet.   It may be someday....   but I don't think there's reason to worry just based on this one video chapter.

Just my own view of this....   your mileage may vary....

• Like 3

I loved this episode.  To be honest, I wasn't impressed with the first one.  JMO.  That laughter by TY is priceless.  I'm excited about the Wentz to Hilton connection.  Looking forward to our offense this year!!

• Like 1
On 4/15/2021 at 8:57 AM, Dogg63 said:

Why would that worry you?

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why would that worry you?

He’s saying that reich possibly pounded the table to get Wentz in more based on his fondness for the person rather than based on the likelihood that Wentz will have a resurgence in his career.

Which would be worrying indeed if that is the case. But we don’t know that.