Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

He is an OLB from Boise State. He has recently shot up Mayock's board like mad, going from unknown to 5th best OLB according to what Mayock sees in his tape. He really seems to have a nose for the ball, just like Angerer. And he is said to be a very good fit in the 3-4; he has also shown versatility by playing multiple positions in the 3-4.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/shea-mcclellin?id=2532907

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012OLB3-4.php (he is #9 on this list)

What do you guys think? A 5th round pickup?

Even as a late round pick?

even then man, like I said I like him and maybe if we get him in the 7th if he drops that far (I only say that cause ya never know come draft day.)

but we have other glaring needs and we have linebackers we picked up earlier I want to see if they can play that Freeman kid looked pretty good

I like him, and I've heard good things from him, but if he's really that good, he wont get out of the 3rd round, making the 5th round a unlikely possibility. If he drops to the 5th, take him, but I doubt he does.

We did try to sign Manny Lawson so that tells me we may be looking at picking up a 3-4 OLB. I don't think it is a need at this point but you can never really have enough pass rushers. That being said there are better 3-4 OLB's coming out next year to use an early pick on. Unless of course this is absolutely Freeney's last year and Jerry Hughes continues to blow.

Didn't get to see much of him play. I pretty much only watched Boise's offense. However, I wouldn't be upset at Dont'a Hightower at that position if he were considered the BPA. He is a very good overall LB and can play inside or outside in both the 4-3 and 3-4. He really is the epitome of a Jack LB. However, if McClellin is better then hey, bring him in.

All that said though, I'd still prefer to see a CB taken at #34. :)

Maybe. His is projected as a second rounder. Could be a great pass rushing OLB but there is one scary thing. He was an undersized DE at Boise who is projected to play OLB. Just like Jerry Hughes.

and the problem with that is, the colts didnt even give hughes a real shot at OLB. hopefully the colts put hughes at LB to give him a better shot at trying to redeem his self.

If we trade Freeney then sure. But we need to be drafting starters in the 1st 3 rounds IMO.

even if the colts don't trade freeney, this is probably his last year with the colts...well unless he has a monster year at his new position.

Mayock just moved him up to the 2nd best in his top 5. AFter watching lots of tape on him, he says he would have no problem taking him in the bottom of the 1st round if he were picking. I'm guessing he will be available when we pick in the 2nd but not in the 3rd. I like him even though CB, NT and WR are our need.

Mayock just moved him up to the 2nd best in his top 5. AFter watching lots of tape on him, he says he would have no problem taking him in the bottom of the 1st round if he were picking. I'm guessing he will be available when we pick in the 2nd but not in the 3rd. I like him even though CB, NT and WR are our need.

In that case, I would also rather see us pass on him

I think our biggest need is NT take in second round regardless. We have a good LB core. I think Edds could step up this year be good if he struck up a relationship with Angerer again one to hit the holes and one to cover along with Mathis and Freeney on the outside. If we draft well NT wise we could have a great front seven. while i do think we need a CB i like the look of Rucker and Thomas along with Powers. I'd like to see Grigson/Pagano draft offensively WR and Oline for depth with such a good and deep WR pool we could really draft well for the future.