Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

At this time of year, every year, all of us have created a draft board.  How we think the draft will fall out.  Most of us also have a selection of players from that draft board that are the ones they especially like.  These are My Guys.

I would like to issue a challenge.  Go back through your records for every year, and find:  A - your best draft prospect, B - your worst draft prospect, C - any of your prospects the Colts took, D - a late round prospect of yours that blossomed.

 

I'll start out with mine:

 

2015

Best - Andrus Peat, T, Stanford (Saints #13 overall, 3 pro bowls)

Worst - Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (undrafted, went nowhere)

Colts - Zack Hodges, OLB, Harvard (UFA, didn't stick)

Late - Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana (Falcons #73)

2016

Best - Ezekiel Elliot, RB, Ohio St (Cowboys #4 overall, 3 pro bowls)

Worst - Su'a Cravens, S, USC

Colts - Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama (Colts #18 overall)

Late - Joe Schoebert, LB, Wisconsin (Browns #99, pro bowl)

2017

Best - Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson (Texans #12, 3 pro bowls)

Worst - tie John Ross, WR, Ohio St / Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama

Colts - none

Late - Dan Feeney, G, Indiana (Chargers #71 overall)

2018

Best - Quentin Nelson, G, Notre Dame (#6 overall, 3 pro bowls)

Worst - Arden Key, DE, LSU

Colts - Quentin Nelson, G, Notre Dame

Late - Kyzir White, S/LB, West Virginia

2019

Best - AJ Brown, WR, Mississippi

Worst - Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

Colts - Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple / Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio St

Late - Terry McLauren, WR, Ohio St

2020

Best - CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

Worst - Denzell Mims, WR, Baylor / Calvin Throckmorton, T, Oregon

Colts - none

Late - too soon to call

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilkins?   The DT who went 13th to Miami?

 

I could easily be wrong, but I thought he’s done pretty good for the Dolphins?

 

Any chance you’re mixing him up with the other Clemson DL drafted that year, Ferrell, who surprisingly went to the Raiders 4th overall?   It’s my understanding he’s been mostly a disappointment?  


I haven’t double checked anything yet.  Mostly going from memory and that could be my big mistake here....   :peek:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2017:

Good: Garett Bolles 

Worst: Solomon Thomas

Colts: Malik Hooker

Late: Eddie Jackson/George Kittle

 

2018:

Good: Darius Leonard

Worst - Josh Jackson?

Colts Darius Leonard, Quenton Nelson, 

Late - Fred Warner? 

 

2019:

Good - DK Metcalf 

Worst - Jerry Tillery

Colts - Parris Campbell

Late - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

 

2020

Good - Tristan Wirfs

Worst - Jordan Love(too early?)

Colts - Michael Pittman Jr

Late - Alex Highsmith?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2014

Best - DeMarcus Lawrence

Worst - Johnny Manziel

Colts - Donte Moncrief

Late - Telvin Smith

 

2015

Best - Marcus Peters

Worst - Bryce Petty

Colts - None

Late - Grady Jarrett

 

2016

Best - Ezekiel Elliott

Worst - KeiVarae Russell

Colts - None

Late - Devontae Booker

 

2017

Best - Patrick Mahomes

Worst - Solomon Thomas

Colts - None

Late - Josh Reynolds

 

2018

Best - Baker Mayfield/Derwin James

Worst - Taven Bryan

Colts - Jordan Wilkins

Late - Orlando Brown

 

2019

Best - Kyler Murray

Worst - NKeal Harry

Colts - Khari Willis

Late - DK Metcalf

 

2020

Best - Justin Herbert

Worst - Ashtyn Davis

Colts - Michael Pittman Jr

Late - Harrison Bryant

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wilkins?   The DT who went 13th to Miami?

 

I could easily be wrong, but I thought he’s done pretty good for the Dolphins?

 

Any chance you’re mixing him up with the other Clemson DL drafted that year, Ferrell, who surprisingly went to the Raiders 4th overall?   It’s my understanding he’s been mostly a disappointment?  


I haven’t double checked anything yet.  Mostly going from memory and that could be my big mistake here....   :peek:

 

It may just be a reflection of my own expectations for the guy, and how badly I wanted the Colts to take him.  I was certain that he would be an impact sack machine from the 3-technique position, with 8 to 12 sacks per year.  And it hasn't turned out that way.

He certainly is a starter, with tackles and TFL's to show for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

It may just be a reflection of my own expectations for the guy, and how badly I wanted the Colts to take him.  I was certain that he would be an impact sack machine from the 3-technique position, with 8 to 12 sacks per year.  And it hasn't turned out that way.

He certainly is a starter, with tackles and TFL's to show for it.

For what it may be worth...   he’s listed at 315, so I’m wondering if he’s not playing the 3-tech?   Maybe he’s the Nose for Miami?  Or put another way,  maybe he’s the Vince Wilfork for the Dolphins?   Just thinking out loud....   I don’t know? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it may be worth...   he’s listed at 315, so I’m wondering if he’s not playing the 3-tech?   Maybe he’s the Nose for Miami?  Or put another way,  maybe he’s the Vince Wilfork for the Dolphins?   Just thinking out loud....   I don’t know? 

Apparently, they're playing him at 5-technique 3-4 left defensive end.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...