Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The medical combine is from April 8th to the 10th in Indy, isn’t it?

Any unexpected news or is everything going smoothly for draft prospects?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

The medical combine is from April 8th to the 10th in Indy, isn’t it?

Any unexpected news or is everything going smoothly for draft prospects?

Way too soon to know.   

I don’t think we will start getting rumor leaks until some time next week.   I have to believe the teams won’t get the medical info until next week, and from there it’ll take a few days (more?) before the leaks begin..    

That’s my guess.... 

• Thanks 1

Is that (Farley) the guy that had lumbar micro discectomy surgery  recently? Even if he does recover well and gets in condition quickly enough to make training camp, there will be teams that will still be wary.  The reason is longevity, and accelerated degenerative issues concerning his back. On the other hand, didn't a certain GM/Team select Bob Sanders in the 2nd round of a draft knowing his playing style would possibly (likely!) shorten his career? Likewise picture another team taking a LB with serious knee/nerve injury with foot drop? (Jaylon Smith).

There are pluses, and minuses, in taking such players.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Is that (Farley) the guy that had lumbar micro discectomy surgery  recently? Even if he does recover well and gets in condition quickly enough to make training camp, there will be teams that will still be wary.  The reason is longevity, and accelerated degenerative issues concerning his back. On the other hand, didn't a certain GM/Team select Bob Sanders in the 2nd round of a draft knowing his playing style would possibly (likely!) shorten his career? Likewise picture another team taking a LB with serious knee/nerve injury with foot drop? (Jaylon Smith).

There are pluses, and minuses, in taking such players.

Oh but that was a Nice short career!!

Still love 21 tape!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Game two we will bear witness to the irresistible force paradox.  What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object or as I think of it Aaron Donald vs Quenton Nelson, possibly creating a second Big Bang in the universe.
    • The Colts are coming to Phoenix on Christmas day, and I am going to attend with a contingent of Colts fans. Might anyone be road-tripping out this way for that game? The desert should be gorgeous that time of year.
    • Jacksonville most likely, its a 2.5 hour trip so not too bad
    • Hmmm...part of me wonders if one of the big 3 isn’t re-signed. I am sort of surprised that none of them have been. Then again, that’s likely more of a summer move.   Not that they shouldn’t...but from a logistical roster construction perspective...that’s likely ~$55M to (3) players.   For a GM who values flexibility with the cap, it’s going to be increasingly difficulty to find it with several top tier non-QB contracts. They could have 1/3 of a salary cap going to (4) non-QBs.   Also, something to consider is that DeFo has no gtd money after two more seasons. So a bold prediction might be that one of Q/Smith/Leonard/DeFo will not be on the 2023 roster.   Good problems to have though. Just wouldn’t surprise if a trade happened at some point.    As for a couple others, I don’t think Glow is back...unless it’s a cheap deal (but there’s no reason for him to take that...he’s a starting RG in the NFL).   Hines will likely be back...if he’s willing to take a $4-5M AAV (which is on par with his counterparts). Interestingly, Taylor is up for an extension after year 3...when Hines would be heading into year 2 of his extension. Are the Colts going to have a healthy Taylor paid less than Hines? 
  • Members

• AustinnKaine

AustinnKaine 368

• dew5150

dew5150 114

• Farns01

Farns01 74

• Horshoekid1986

Horshoekid1986 7

Rookie
    • Nate!

Nate! 245