Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yet Another Teven Jenkins Thread

After all the talk of footwork and arm length for LTs, it got me thinking

Looking at our pick at 21, what one player that we COULD realistically choose at that spot, has a decent chance to be a Pro Bowl Player?

What one player dominated in his role that would be available at 21 or later........

Think about it..... Its Jenkins....  Possibly not at LT, But at a RG 

I know it doesnt fill an immediate LT hole , but this kid could replace our current RG and I think could be one of the best in year one.

He quite possibly would the BPA at 21, even at a the Guard spot

Imagine an OL of: 

Smith - Jenkins - R. Kelly - Big Q - Villanueva (Or Fisher)

This line would be dominating and possibly the best unit in the NFL 

Glow is OK, but he has been a weak link to this good OL (Especially before this year) His pass blocking is decent, but he doesnt seem to have the strength to move the DL out of the hole

If Jenkins develops, into a LT, later , so be it.

So.....  I think Jenkins MIGHT be a LT, but he sure as heck could create holes as a RG for this team

And..... lets face it..... Jenkins PROBABLY wouldnt be ready for day one role at LT anyway

This approach would cost us a bit more (2 year LT FA contract) , but Jenkins DOES give some flexibilty as he could do multiple spots across the line

Dont get me wrong.... If Paye or Darrisaw is on the board at 21 I would run up and select them, but if they are gone, I would have to at least consider still taking Jenkins

Have you all seen a picture of this kid?   He looks like he's 14. I love him The baby faced assassin 

BUT unless he can start Day 1 at LT.  he is a reach.  

I dont think he will be there at 21 anyway.  Raiders need a RT

Need a day one starter at 21.     Unless BDB thinks he can do it 

2 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

Have you all seen a picture of this kid?   He looks like he's 14. I love him   BUT unless he can start Day 1 at LT.  he is a reach.  

He has a baby face....

Wilson makes me chuckle, he looks 13.......

But I am old.... so everyone looks young to me  .... :)

2 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

Have you all seen a picture of this kid?   He looks like he's 14. I love him The baby faced assassin 

BUT unless he can start Day 1 at LT.  he is a reach.  

Raiders Dolphins Cardinals and Bears all need OL help so all could take him

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If we draft a LT in the 1st rd he will start next to Q.  End of story.

I truly hope that you are correct if we go for one of the other LTs.....

Q is one dude.... he assists on plays such as stunts......  speed rusher looping around the right end?

Its on the LT.......   

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

I truly hope that you are correct if we go for one of the other LTs.....

Q is one dude.... he assists on plays such as stunts......  speed rusher looping around the right end?

Its on the LT.......   

Have a little faith my friend 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Have a little faith my friend 

I AM a man of faith......... 

But that doesn't cover football

When I was 8 years old,  I played LEFT OUT, on the peewee football team, you should listen to my football wisdom  :)

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think there will be a run on tackles in the 1st rd.  I can see as many as 8.  JMO.

I hope so.    With 5 QB's and 8 T.    Were gonna get a steal at 21 

Oh BTW.   8 tackles is not happening.   Maybe 3

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Slater

Sewell 

Darrisaw 

Jenkins 

Cosmi

Sure fire 1st

Some others are toss ups

I dont see it.   I'll change my prediction to 4   And I think your list is in order BTW 

Also.  I am in the minority that thinks Cosmi is a second round pick.           I'll be glad to be wrong.  Just dont see that happening.  

Again I hope it does because we will get one of the real top 10 players at 21.

38 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

I dont see it.   I'll change my prediction to 4   And I think your list is in order BTW 

Also.  I am in the minority that thinks Cosmi is a second round pick.           I'll be glad to be wrong.  Just dont see that happening.  

Again I hope it does because we will get one of the real top 10 players at 21.

Cosmi’s ras test probably shoots him into the 1st round. His athleticism is special. And if he’s there at 21, despite my preference for a DE, I think the Colts take him. 

2 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Cosmi’s ras test probably shoots him into the 1st round. His athleticism is special. And if he’s there at 21, despite my preference for a DE, I think the Colts take him. 

Possibly.   I still don't see it.    There are too many other good player outside of QB and OT to think that close to half the picks in the first round will be those two positions.  

Again I hope so    We could get a top 10 talent at 21 

57 minutes ago, Hoose said:

100% yes if Cosmi is there at 21 you take him

If I'm drafting Jenkins it would be with the plan of him being my LT eventually. If I don't think he can be my LT, I would find much better value here - be it trade down, be it another player that I love at 21(there will almost certainly be one that I love MUCH BETTER than Jenkins at RG). :dunno:

40 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

This article is the most positive one I’ve read on Jenkins.   You read this and think he might just be able to play LT.  

If the Colts are buying this then they will take Jenkins at 21,  assuming he’s still available.   If Jenkins is the target, then it’s hard to see the Colts trading down and hoping he’s still there 6, 8, 10 picks later. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

This article is the most positive one I’ve read in Jenkins.   You read this and think he might just be able to play LT.  

If the Colts are buying this then they will take Jenkins at 21,  assuming he’s still available.   If Jenkins is the target, then it’s hard to see the Colts trading down and hoping he’s still there 6, 8, 10 picks later. 

You'd have to take him since Titans who also like him draft 22nd.

Archived