Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your (Realistic) Dream Pick

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Slim chance (which I disagree with) and realistic are not synonymous.   

Realistic means just that. 

I currently see Waddle as WR3 behind Smith and Chase. Teams might actually have Bateman rated higher so you never know. 

Besides I have seen Paye brought up here and he's just as slim chance as Waddle 

19 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I currently see Waddle as WR3 behind Smith and Chase. Teams might actually have Bateman rated higher so you never know. 

Besides I have seen Paye brought up here and he's just as slim chance as Waddle 

No.    He's not.     

Paye might fall.    The only way Waddle falls is if he flunks his medicals due to the broken ankle he suffered.   If the medicals are bad,  THEN and ONLY THEN might he fall.    

Waddle and Paye are not the same player.    They're not even roughly the same player.    Far beyond the fact they play different positions,  Waddle has proven himself.    Paye is mostly a big giant question mark of unproven talent.    Which is why some have mocked him to fall to pick 21.     Whereas no one has mocked Waddle to be available at pick 21.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.    He's not.     

Paye might fall.    The only way Waddle falls is if he flunks his medicals due to the broken ankle he suffered.   If the medicals are bad,  THEN and ONLY THEN might he fall.    

Waddle and Paye are not the same player.    They're not even roughly the same player.    Far beyond the fact they play different positions,  Waddle has proven himself.    Paye is mostly a big giant question mark of unproven talent.    Which is why some have mocked him to fall to pick 21.     Whereas no one has mocked Waddle to be available at pick 21.

All I'm saying is don't completely dismiss the possibility. At this point pending how the rest of the draft process goes it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Bateman was drafted ahead of Waddle. Obviously health plays a factor.

22 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

That depends on the rookie

Nelson could certainly help any rookie though 

For sure he will be able to help, but like I said I think his ability to help is being overestimated

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You know the OP asked for a REALISTIC first round pick.

And you offered........   WADDLE?!?

How is that realistic?

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-3-0-49ers-go-all-in-on-mac-jones

No.16 is where Daniel Jeremiah mocked him above, hence its not nearly as good as unrealistic as you make it seem.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-3-0-49ers-go-all-in-on-mac-jones

No.16 is where Daniel Jeremiah mocked him above, hence its not nearly as good as unrealistic as you make it seem.

Did you happen to read the first sentence of his comments?    “It would be a big steal if he fell this far.”     

16 is the lowest anyone has forecast Waddle. So from there you think he’s going to drop 5 more spots?  

I think the only way this happens is if JW has a terrible medical report. 

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

All I'm saying is don't completely dismiss the possibility. At this point pending how the rest of the draft process goes it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Bateman was drafted ahead of Waddle. Obviously health plays a factor.

From yoyr first sentence you continue NOT to understand the word REALISTIC. 

If the thread was titled:  who is your dream long shot player, THEN you throw in Waddle. 

But by your measure of 1% equals “it could happen” then nothing is unrealistic.  Anything is possible.   I’m not being a grammar Nazi here.  I’m following the meaning of what the OP requested, not some dream scenario. 

7 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I feel everyone is overestimating how much Nelson will be able to help a rookie LT

I think the impact of Nelson on the entire line is greatly overestimated. His individual impact is immense and he's quite possibly the best lineman in the league, but we've seen this line struggle mightily with Nelson when AC wasn't playing and when Braden and Glow were not established starters yet. OLine performance is a group effort and sometimes you are as good as your weakest link. Sure you can slide protections and help a weak link but then the rest of the line need to be on top of its game at all times... and if you have 2 weak links then it becomes a real struggle to mask those... even if you have a generational talent at one of those positions. 

I'm liking the idea of being able to trade down and picking up a 3rd, then taking Oweh in the late 20's to replace Houston, having Oweh/Turay rotation.  Then take Payton Turner at 54 to replace Autry and to be what Lewis was supposed to be. 

Oweh/Turay, Buck, Grover, Turner as the base.  Then Oweh, Buckner, Turner, Turay in passing situations would be a very disruptive DL.

Then take Spencer Brown in the 3rd, but I think Brown's RAS performance won't let him last that long.

But Paye at 21 and Brown at 54 would be nice.

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You know the OP asked for a REALISTIC first round pick.

And you offered........   WADDLE?!?

How is that realistic?

to be fair, I didn't ask for a a first round pick either. lol

9 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

Farley probably will be available later in the draft after the back surgery AND sitting out last yr.    I would't draft him 

Bateman may very well be available at 21. 

Farley is going top 15 if his medicals check out

He's easily CB1 imo

Had you asked me once the season ended what I thought about how many QB's would be taken in the 1st.  I would have said 4.   Now it looks like there could be as many as 6 but more than likely just 5. With 4 going top 5!!!!    That alone blows me away and it could easily shake this draft up.  We realistically could get a top 10-15 talent (any other yr) due to this.

This draft is going to be exciting.   And if there was ever a yr for Ballard to trade "UP" and get a second 2nd rounder he could end up with 3 players that normally would have gone top 35-40.

I have no idea what BDB is gonna do.   But I know it's gonna be fun, raise some high 5's and even more complaints no matter what LOL     

On 4/7/2021 at 1:32 PM, TheMose said:

From the 2021 draft, who is that one prospect you would be thrilled to get? Make it realistic. I too would love Kyle Pitts or Trevor Lawrence. lol.

I'm going to go with somebody that I have a bit of a bias for. Rondale Moore. I'm a Purdue guy so obviously I want to draft the kid but he's an absolute specimen that would be electric for our offense and special teams. 

Kwity Paye

Pass rush and secondary play go hand in hand.  

A top notch CB is just as valuable as an ER.    Yes the CB can only cover for so long until the receiver eventually gets open. But with Bucker at the 3 which is the biggest strength for this D  (he is the key).  We have edge rushers right now (and especially if we re sign Houston) that can bring pressure WITH BUCKNER.     If you have a shut down corner (Horn and Rhodes)   They  can give the pass rush a 1/2 second to a second to get there. Or at least make it uncomfortable to throw.  

I love the CB position.   My Dad taught me about them.    Pass Rush = Secondary.      Be great to have both but BDB has drafted ER and they need some time to show what they can do.

Give me a shut down corner.     Give me Jaycee Horn   

2 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

Pass rush and secondary play go hand in hand.  

A top notch CB is just as valuable as an ER.    Yes the CB can only cover for so long until the receiver eventually gets open. But with Bucker at the 3 which is the biggest strength for this D  (he is the key).  We have edge rushers right now (and especially if we re sign Houston) that can bring pressure WITH BUCKNER.     If you have a shut down corner (Horn and Rhodes)   They  can give the pass rush a 1/2 second to a second to get there. Or at least make it uncomfortable to throw.  

I love the CB position.   My Dad taught me about them.    Pass Rush = Secondary.      Be great to have both but BDB has drafted ER and they need some time to show what they can do.

Give me a shut down corner.     Give me Jaycee Horn   

Napoleon Dynamite GIF by Ben L

Archived