Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

From the 2021 draft, who is that one prospect you would be thrilled to get? Make it realistic. I too would love Kyle Pitts or Trevor Lawrence. lol.

I'm going to go with somebody that I have a bit of a bias for. Rondale Moore. I'm a Purdue guy so obviously I want to draft the kid but he's an absolute specimen that would be electric for our offense and special teams. 

Paye

Or one of the players with injury concern if our FO decides they are willing to take the risk - Waddle, Phillips, Farley

If we are going OT I'd be good with any of Jenkins, Darrisaw, Little, Cosmi

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Jaylen Waddle or Sam Cosmi

I'm afraid Waddle will be long gone but is an interesting option.

Best WR at 21 will most likely be Bateman 

2 minutes ago, polk_high_allstar said:

Also would love to get Kwity Paye.  Also think we have a realistic chance at getting a decent OT in round two. 

Paye would be incredible in our system 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm afraid Waddle will be long gone but is an interesting option.

Best WR at 21 will most likely be Bateman 

Given the popularity of Tyreek Hill and the recent drafting of Henry Suggs, you may be right but hey, never say never. :) 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Given the popularity of Tyreek Hill and the recent drafting of Henry Suggs, you may be right but hey, never say never. :) 

I've never been big on skill position player but do realize eventually they need upgrade 

1 hour ago, TheMose said:

From the 2021 draft, who is that one prospect you would be thrilled to get? Make it realistic. I too would love Kyle Pitts or Trevor Lawrence. lol.

I'm going to go with somebody that I have a bit of a bias for. Rondale Moore. I'm a Purdue guy so obviously I want to draft the kid but he's an absolute specimen that would be electric for our offense and special teams. 

I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that Moore has brick hands 

Is that accurate?

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I've never been big on skill position player but do realize eventually they need upgrade 

Parris Campbell and TY Hilton, both have to be planned for as not being there next year as insurance. Most likely though, Ballard won't do anything with it till Day 3, if I look at it objectively. We will see what values present themselves.

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Is that accurate?

Plus the fact Rondale Moore was listed by Purdue at 5'9" while he measured in at 5'7", he is being looked at like Curtis Samuel/Randall Cobb/Lynn Bowden Jr. like RB/WR players and most likely could drop to our 2nd round pick easily. He is definitely not outside WR material.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Parris Campbell and TY Hilton, both have to be planned for as not being there next year as insurance. Most likely though, Ballard won't do anything with it till Day 3, if I look at it objectively. We will see what values present themselves.

I'm fine with that 

I really like a Day 3 guy Josh Imatorbhebhe 

6 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

My dream draft would be if we could trade back to pick up extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd and get Cosmi, Radunz or Eichenberg along with Pat Freiermuth and Carlos Basham.

It COULD happen...

With a trade up to late first or early 2nd,  

Radunz OR Eichenberg MIGHT be there

Basham might last til our second pick

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

It COULD happen...

With a trade up to late first or early 2nd,  

Radunz OR Eichenberg MIGHT be there

Basham might last til our second pick

I actually have Colts drafting Radunz at 21 in my latest 1st round mock hes one of my favorite prospects 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I actually have Colts drafting Radunz at 21 in my latest 1st round mock hes one of my favorite prospects 

I could live with that.

But .... I really want to find a way to get a pick back later

It really comes down to how high you rank Radunz Vs some of the other OT spots

It all depends how they fall

If there is a run on OTs before 21st pick, you have to take your guy.......

Also, Is Eich better or worse than Radunz?

How much better is Radunz over Brady Christenson (Captain for BYU)  , Leatherwood, or Little

The coaches comment on Eich being a RT really has my head swimming......  If I was Eichenberg, I would shove Coach Kelly in a locker. He cost the kid at LEAST $1M in 1st rookie contract with his statement

51 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Is that accurate?

I wouldn't say brick hands but he has had a problem with drops. It's more of him in his head too much trying to figure out what to do when he catches the ball. I chalk it up to immaturity and inexperience. Nothing our coaches cant fix

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

My dream draft would be if we could trade back to pick up extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd and get Cosmi, Radunz or Eichenberg along with Pat Freiermuth and Carlos Basham.

Basham is another I really like. Would be happy to land him. I'm not too high on Radunz though

28 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I could live with that.

But .... I really want to find a way to get a pick back later

It really comes down to how high you rank Radunz Vs some of the other OT spots

It all depends how they fall

If there is a run on OTs before 21st pick, you have to take your guy.......

Also, Is Eich better or worse than Radunz?

How much better is Radunz over Brady Christenson (Captain for BYU)  , Leatherwood, or Little

The coaches comment on Eich being a RT really has my head swimming......  If I was Eichenberg, I would shove Coach Kelly in a locker. He cost the kid at LEAST $1M in 1st rookie contract with his statement

Eich is already at his ceiling and isn't that athletic. I would be ok with him at 54 though. 

1 minute ago, TheMose said:

Basham is another I really like. Would be happy to land him. I'm not too high on Radunz though

Half Baked Reaction GIF

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Eich is already at his ceiling and isn't that athletic. I would be ok with him at 54 though. 

Half Baked Reaction GIF

Knew I would get that reaction here. lol. I wouldn't hate the pick but I'm just not as into him as the rest of this forum

36 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Is Christenson not already like mid twenties already?  Thought i read somewhere he went on a two year mission for the Mormon church.  For a player that is going to need extra development those extra years in age could be huge.

• Thanks 1
Just now, TheMose said:

Knew I would get that reaction here. lol. I wouldn't hate the pick but I'm just not as into him as the rest of this forum

I strongly believe a young athletic OT would excel greatly next to Q

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Totally fair. I think the tackle we pick is already in a very good position to succeed. 

39 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

It sounds good, and it would help, especially on DL stunts but Q cant block the speed guy DE AND the DT

We need a decent LT ......  a Poor LT will get our shiny new QB Moidered..... 

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

It sounds good, and it would help, especially on DL stunts but Q cant block the speed guy DE AND the DT

We need a decent LT ......  a Poor LT will get our shiny new QB Moidered..... 

I just talked to Q and he's adding you to the pancake list 

Chappelles Show Lol GIF

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, polk_high_allstar said:

Is Christenson not already like mid twenties already?  Thought i read somewhere he went on a two year mission for the Mormon church.  For a player that is going to need extra development those extra years in age could be huge.

He will be 24 years old for his rookies season

If he is the choice in round 2, I am ok with it

NONE of the 2nd round OTs are locks to start day 1.

If we went OT in round 2 choice I HOPE that we also sign a FA LT to begin the year 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Watch us draft Trevon Moehrig and this board flip out :D 

That's funny that you mention this because I was thinking watch Ballard make a very Ballard move in the draft instead of drafting a popular name and it makes the board flip out

Just now, Zoltan said:

That's funny that you mention this because I was thinking watch Ballard make a very Ballard move in the draft instead of drafting a popular name and it makes the board flip out

With the 21st pick in 2021 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Safety Tre...

Angry Parks And Recreation GIF by PeacockTV

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I'm only half joking... I am fully prepared for him to make a pick noone is ready for. 

• Thanks 2