Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sam Darnold traded to Panthers for 2nd (2022), 4th (2022) & 6th round (2021) picks

chad72

15 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The odds makers say Mac Jones is gong 3rd to the Niners

I don't think they would have given up all they did to move up and draft a guy who would probably still be there for them had they not moved up.

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Word is Shanahan loves him. 

Quite a risk.   They gave up allot to move up to get him.   I guess if he ends up a pro bowl QB, they'll be fine.  Going off of the thoughts of most "experts" I've heard, Jones is a late 1st early 2nd round talent.   But what do they know.   that would leave Fields probably falling to the Lions.  Michigan fans will love that, ha ha.

the 49ers traded their 12th-overall pick, a 2022 third-round compensatory pick and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023 for the Miami Dolphins No. 3 overall selection.

20 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I think we can officially say we won that trade 

Colts got: 6th, 37th and 49th overall and their second-rounder in 2019 

Jets got: 2nd (2022), 4th (2022) & 6th round (2021) 

lol

I thought it was evident we won that trade a long time ago.  This move just etches it in stone now that Darnold is gone from the Jets.

It’s one more example of a trade down yielding the better results.  That’s not always the case, of course.  But trading up certainly implies more risk to go along with the potential reward. And that’s because, among other reasons, there are some really good players who (right or wrong) aren’t seen as first rounders, let alone top 10 guys...and not all top 10 guys end up being worth top 10 capital.

Massey and Thaler were more right than wrong.  And wise NFL personnel people should familiarize themselves with their theories.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I've heard the chatter.  WalterFootball has said that scouts believe its Fields they are after.

Fields makes more sense to improve the dynamic nature of a team with a good OL and running game. It would give them their version of Russell Wilson that they deal with in the division. After all, 49ers made their SB runs with mobile QBs like Steve Young, Colin Kaepernick, and to an extent Jimmy G the last 3 times if I remember right. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Fields makes more sense to improve the dynamic nature of a team with a good OL and running game. It would give them their version of Russell Wilson that they deal with in the division. After all, 49ers made their SB runs with mobile QBs like Steve Young, Colin Kaepernick, and to an extent Jimmy G the last 3 times if I remember right. 

I don't recall when the trade for Jimmy G happened, but he is mobile, and if Shanahan traded for a mobile Qb that suggests Fields.  If he came to the niners post JG, then maybe he doesn't care about mobility.  Still, 3 seems awfully lofty for Jones.

Archived