Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

you really love trades don't you 

The Colts haven't done much in their respective division in free agency so expect the Colts to be more aggressive and stay true to form and build the team in the NFL draft.  A lot will depend on the team's big board and what players can still be around within the first two rounds which will setup how our draft proceeds.

Without any trades not bad but still doesn't answer our biggest long-term immediate need of LT unless we are looking to move Nelson or Smith.  Guess we could still get a late FA LT on short-term.

image.png.8a361fde9297842457851e07437515f7.png

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did 5 rounds and wound up with this. Yes please lol.    

Traded 21 for 29 + 62 (I dont see this happening) Traded 54 for 60+133 (Slightly closer in value but still distant enough to be unrealistic) Traded 62 for 74+124 (This is realistic) 29. Sam Cos

My attempt after listening to Ballard today:   41. Payton Turner EDGE Houston 65. Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa 72. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford 106. Kenny Yeboah TE Mississippi

Posted Images

5 hours ago, OhioColt said:

The Colts haven't done much in their respective division in free agency so expect the Colts to be more aggressive and stay true to form and build the team in the NFL draft.  A lot will depend on the team's big board and what players can still be around within the first two rounds which will setup how our draft proceeds.

Without any trades not bad but still doesn't answer our biggest long-term immediate need of LT unless we are looking to move Nelson or Smith.  Guess we could still get a late FA LT on short-term.

image.png.8a361fde9297842457851e07437515f7.png

I love Jones but there is zero chance Colts draft him

38. Dillon Radunz, OT North Dakota State

66. D’Wayne Eskridge, WR Western Michigan

69. Elerson Smith, EDGE Northern Iowa

127. Chris Rumph II, LB Duke

146. Benjamin St-Juste, CB Minnesota

165. Joshuah Bledsoe, S Missouri

206. Nick Eubanks, TE Michigan

248. Feleipe Franks, QB Arkansas

Used  pff's draft simulator and got:

21 traded to Ravens for 27, 58 and 104

27 Jayson Oweh, Edge, Penn State

54 Dillon Radunz, T, NDSU

58 traded to Chiefs for 94, 136 and 175

94 Tutu Atwell, WR, Louisville

104 Tay Gowan, CB, UCF

127 Benjamin St-Juste, CB, Minnesota

136 Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame

165 Justin Hilliard, LB, Ohio State

175 Bobby Brown III, DI, Texas A&M

206 Robert Hainsey, T, Notre Dame

248 Whop Philyor, WR, Indiana

I think there's a lot of value to be had in the 2nd-4th rounds and trading back twice for 6 extra picks seemed resonable.

• Like 1

I've done this game many times.  It usually comes down to this:

A.   21: Kwity Paye and 54: Dillon Radunz or

B.   21: Sam Cosmi and 54: Payton Turner

I think I like the Paye/Radunz combo better.

If I trade down with NO or GB to 28/29. both Paye and Cosmi are gone, but Oweh is usually available.  Then if I take that trade down and get the 3rd rounder. it becomes:

C.   Oweh, Radunz, and Tommy Tremble/Brevin Jordan.

I may like that combo best of all.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I've done this game many times.  It usually comes down to this:

A.   21: Kwity Paye and 54: Dillon Radunz or

B.   21: Sam Cosmi and 54: Payton Turner

I think I like the Paye/Radunz combo better.

If I trade down with NO or GB to 28/29. both Paye and Cosmi are gone, but Oweh is usually available.  Then if I take that trade down and get the 3rd rounder. it becomes:

C.   Oweh, Radunz, and Tommy Tremble/Brevin Jordan.

I may like that combo best of all.

Best option there is A

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Best option there is A

I think Radunz will be fine next to Q, and he's ranked 51 on this PFN game, usually there at 54.  He's got the RAS score, decent length and a tough attitude.  Needs a year of NFL weigh gain program though.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I think Radunz will be fine next to Q, and he's ranked 51 on this PFN game, usually there at 54.  He's got the RAS score, decent length and a tough attitude.  Needs a year of NFL weigh gain program though.

I like him enough to take him at 21 actually 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I like him enough to take him at 21 actually 

He's still a bit of a G/T tweener, like Braden Smith. 

I also like Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa.  I've heard folks say he is a RT prospect, but he's athletic, so LT should be his landing spot.  Higher ceiling than Radunz probably.  Around pick 80 I'm thinking.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I also like Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa.  I've heard folks say he is a RT prospect, but he's athletic, so LT should be his landing spot.  Higher ceiling than Radunz probably.  Around pick 80 I'm thinking.

He killed his RAS

I this PFN Mock, if you keep accepting trade offers you can accumulate a lot of picks. I like this:

54: Dillon Radunz

57. Joe Tryon EDGE/DE

61: Amon-Ra St Brown WR

88: Tommy Tremble TE

127: Keith Taylor CB/S

141: Cam Sample LDE/3T

206 Shemar Jean-Charles CB

248: Brendan Jaimes OT/G

Under the radar guy.  DL rotation.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/cameron-sample-nfl-draft-player-profile-tulane-defensive-tackle/

• Like 1
On 4/7/2021 at 3:11 PM, DougDew said:

I love Brown as a developmental guy....   but from my reading of him,  he might need two years to be ready and not just one.

If that doesn't scare you off,  you may wind up with someone really good.

I got a bit trade crazy but didnt hate it all. Got a couple of my faves later (Van Lanen, Imatobhebhe and Terry):

40. Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama

60. Rondale Moore WR Purdue

95. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford

98. Adetokunbo OgundejiD EDGE Notre Dame

112. Cameron McGrone LB Michigan

124. Ar'Darius Washington S TCU

163. Cole Van Lanen OT Wisconsin

176. Nick Eubanks TE Michigan

183. Josh Imatorbhebhe  WR Illinois

191. William Bradley-King EDGE Baylor

206. Dan Moore OT Texas A&M

219. Tamorrion Terry WR Florida State

I was uncharacteristically brave and did 4 trades and wound up with this haul:

26 Teven Jenkins OT Ok St (lost Cosmi by trading 21)

54 Ronnie Perkins Edge OK

110 Tommy Tremble TE ND

155 Charles Snowden LB Virginia

165 Ben St Juste CB Minny

172 Will Bradley-King DE Baylor

206 Jacoby Stevens S LSU

248 Tarron Jackson Edge Costal Carolina

I would be THRILLED with this draft!!

• Like 1

No way in hell this happens but if it did though.

Everyone is on the RAS train I'll tag those according to relativeathleticscores.com

Miami traded 36 and 50 for 21

36. Gregory Rousseau EDGE Miami (FL) - RAS 7.75 - Got the opportunity for a good starting pass rushing rookie in the second jumped on it

50. Kadarius Toney WR Florida - RAS  9 - I believe he will compete with Pittmon and TY for the number 1 receiver spot

54. Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame - RAS 8.55 - Found a way to protect Wentz's blind side with our third pick

127. Patrick Jones  EDGE Pittsburgh - RAS 6.28 - Needs to figure out how to play the run on the way to the QB but has a solid chance to start 

165. Quintin Morris TE Bowling Green - RAS 6.9 - I live in Evansville this is a very solid tight end with a good camp he could compete with Doyle for the number 1 TE spot

206. Shemar Jean-Charles CB Appalachian State - RAS 4.25 - Throwing darts for the last couple picks. He is tall and lengthy DB why not? It what Ballard goes for

248. Deommodore Lenoir CB Oregon - RAS 7.59 - I like his name and we need competition at this position for the future

Overall I believe we are getting three guaranteed starters with the protentional for five.  

• Like 1
11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I love Brown as a developmental guy....   but from my reading of him,  he might need two years to be ready and not just one.

If that doesn't scare you off,  you may wind up with someone really good.

I have a feeling this draft could turn out to be very bad for Ballard.  We had to get our QB, I get it, but we are already down a valuable pick.  Cosmi will be gone by 21, and the EDGE class is overrated (for our 43 scheme).  Not that Ballard will make bad choices per se, I'm just concerned that he won't have good options at where we'll be picking.

I think even Radunz will be gone by 54, and so will Carlos Basham, who is probably the most complete EDGE player (as a less bendy LDE) in the draft.

Maybe a trade down to target Radunz at about pick 37 (Eagles), and pick up some other picks.

IMO, Jenkins and Radunz are about the same guy, all things considered.

BTW, I'm reading more about Brown.  Sounds like he has had an injury history since high school and through college.  Long and lanky I guess.

21.  Kwity Paye

EDGE Michigan

62.  Walker Little

OT Stanford

106.  Chazz Surratt

LB North Carolina

127.  Daelin Hayes

EDGE Notre Dame

130.  Jaelon Darden

WR North Texas

163.  Chauncey Golston

EDGE Iowa

244.  Pro Wells

TE TCU

11 hours ago, DougDew said:

I have a feeling this draft could turn out to be very bad for Ballard.  We had to get our QB, I get it, but we are already down a valuable pick.  Cosmi will be gone by 21, and the EDGE class is overrated (for our 43 scheme).  Not that Ballard will make bad choices per se, I'm just concerned that he won't have good options at where we'll be picking.

I think even Radunz will be gone by 54, and so will Carlos Basham, who is probably the most complete EDGE player (as a less bendy LDE) in the draft.

Maybe a trade down to target Radunz at about pick 37 (Eagles), and pick up some other picks.

IMO, Jenkins and Radunz are about the same guy, all things considered.

BTW, I'm reading more about Brown.  Sounds like he has had an injury history since high school and through college.  Long and lanky I guess.

I think you'll have at least one of Radunz/Eichenberg/Little at 54, and I'm good with any one of them. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

21.  Kwity Paye

EDGE Michigan

62.  Walker Little

OT Stanford

106.  Chazz Surratt

LB North Carolina

127.  Daelin Hayes

EDGE Notre Dame

130.  Jaelon Darden

WR North Texas

163.  Chauncey Golston

EDGE Iowa

244.  Pro Wells

TE TCU

I can see you like to target Walker Little, LOL.  I do the same with Dillon Radunz.

I like both Chaz Surrat and Chauncey Golston.  CG needs some time to season.

What are your thoughts about Carlos Basham?  IMO, I want more of a DE than a speedy/bendy edge, and he seems to have that consistency more than some others...and he's a very high effort guy.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I can see you like to target Walker Little, LOL.  I do the same with Dillon Radunz.

I like both Chaz Surrat and Chauncey Golston.  CG needs some time to season.

What are your thoughts about Carlos Basham?  IMO, I want more of a DE than a speedy/bendy edge, and he seems to have that consistency more than some others...and he's a very high effort guy.

Little was considered a no-brainer top 10 pick before the injury/opt out. He had the same hype to start the 19 season as Sewell had in 20. Here's a decent read if interested. 

https://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/draft-preview-stanfords-little-offers-mix-of-potential-unknown/article_5ae52fbc-9a3d-11eb-9e68-8fc623e5748e.html

Surrat is a really interesting prospect. Totally raw (after switching to LB from QB), but totally talented. IMO, he'd be a steal in the mid rounds if he drops. Might take a year for the game to slow down, and to beat the rawness out of him, but I like the gamble. 

Yup, CG needs to hit the weights. Good prospect though for the mid rounds. Super good in the late.

I'm pretty meh on Boogie B. His tape from last season didn't wow me at all. Some are higher on him than others, but everyone mostly agrees he backslid in 2020 from 2019, and he's better rushing the interior than edge. I just see a low ceiling. I also think he's more of a tweener (we already Lewis in that role who I think is a better prospect). I think it's more likely he continues to play with bad weight or he eats himself into DT, than slims up and becomes a force at DE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Little was considered a no-brainer top 10 pick before the injury/opt out. He had the same hype to start the 19 season as Sewell had in 20. Here's a decent read if interested. 

https://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/draft-preview-stanfords-little-offers-mix-of-potential-unknown/article_5ae52fbc-9a3d-11eb-9e68-8fc623e5748e.html

Surrat is a really interesting prospect. Totally raw (after switching to LB from QB), but totally talented. IMO, he'd be a steal in the mid rounds if he drops. Might take a year for the game to slow down, and to beat the rawness out of him, but I like the gamble. 

Yup, CG needs to hit the weights. Good prospect though for the mid rounds. Super good in the late.

I'm pretty meh on Boogie B. His tape from last season didn't wow me at all. Some are higher on him than others, but everyone mostly agrees he backslid in 2020 from 2019, and he's better rushing the interior than edge. I just see a low ceiling. I also think he's more of a tweener (we already Lewis in that role who I think is a better prospect). I think it's more likely he continues to play with bad weight or he eats himself into DT, than slims up and becomes a force at DE.

Agreed about Boogie, and Cam Sample has a chance of being the same player but taken 100 picks later.  I don't see the speedy edge guys holding up to the run, they can't be three down players.  But I think we need somebody at LDE who can do that.  Turay was supposedly good against the run in college, so maybe he is going to be that guy and we can reserve the pure edge guys to rotational purpose.

Some also like Payton Turner, but I'm afraid he's going to turn into a lumbering giant if asked to have much of an edge rush.  He's eventually going to end up at DT, IMO.

Just not excited about the edge players.

29 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Agreed about Boogie, and Cam Sample has a chance of being the same player but taken 100 picks later.  I don't see the speedy edge guys holding up to the run, they can't be three down players.  But I think we need somebody at LDE who can do that.  Turay was supposedly good against the run in college, so maybe he is going to be that guy and we can reserve the pure edge guys to rotational purpose.

Some also like Payton Turner, but I'm afraid he's going to turn into a lumbering giant if asked to have much of an edge rush.  He's eventually going to end up at DT, IMO.

Just not excited about the edge players.

I'd honestly be fine with Paye, Oweh, Philips, or Rousseau with the first pick.

If they go LT with the first, I'd be OK with Perkins, Turner, or Ossai with the 2nd.

If your concern is stopping the run, we could just play AQM, Rochelle, and Lewis lol. I'm not worried really about the run. The area that we are extremely lacking right now pass rush. I don't mind using a rotation.

Overall, need to sign a vet, and draft one early. And hope Turay develops and doesn't get hurt again.

• Sad 1

Did just a quick 4 rounder since I really don't know a lot of the lower round players.     I think we would all take this 

Kwity Paye

EDGE Michigan

Teven Jenkins

OT Oklahoma State

Paulson Adebo

CB Stanford

• Like 1

A few:

The unrealistic one

21, 127 for 30, 61, 93

30. Caleb Farley CB

54. Alex Leatherwood OT

61. Elijah Moore WR

93. Brevin Jordan TE

165. Shaka Toney EDGE

206. Tre Norwood S 

248. Mustafa Johnson DT Colorado

No trades

21. Jaelan Phillips EDGE

54. Dillon Radunz OT

127. Jacoby Stevens S/LB

165. Tamorrion Terry WR

208. Shemar Jean-Charles CB

248. Sadarius Hutcherson G

More realistic w/trades

21 for 32, 64

32. Teven Jenkins OT

54. Pat Friermuth TE

64. Joe Tryon EDGE

127. Divine Deablo S

165. Jaylen Twyman DT 

206. Dazz Newsome WR

248. Deommodore Lenoir CB 

• Like 1

Surprised at the lack of Jaelen Phillips in these. Everyone loves Paye, but as of right now, Phillips is easier the better player. Paye is one of those pure traits guys that people fall in love with cause of what he can be, not what he is.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

Surprised at the lack of Jaelen Phillips in these. Everyone loves Paye, but as of right now, Phillips is easier the better player. Paye is one of those pure traits guys that people fall in love with cause of what he can be, not what he is.

Everyone loves Phillips.   The problem is he has a history of concussions, at least three that we know of.   He actually retired from college football back when he was at UCLA. 
He transferred to Miami and started playing again.   Enjoyed a really good year, but scouts get somewhat skeptical over one good year. 

It’s entirely possible Phillips will have enough red flags that he’ll be removed from the big boards for a number of teams.  There’s just no way to know until we see where he goes. 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Everyone loves Phillips.   The problem is he has a history of concussions, at least three that we know of.   He actually retired from college football back when he was at UCLA. 
He transferred to Miami and started playing again.   Enjoyed a really good year, but scouts get somewhat skeptical over one good year. 

It’s entirely possible Phillips will have enough red flags that he’ll be removed from the big boards for a number of teams.  There’s just no way to know until we see where he goes. 

100%. But only people on the inside, management and the doctors will actually ever know the situation. It seems everyone is removing him from the draft board and assuming the worst, instead of thinking he'd pass medical evaluation. 

On 4/9/2021 at 9:07 PM, Dr. T said:

I was uncharacteristically brave and did 4 trades and wound up with this haul:

26 Teven Jenkins OT Ok St (lost Cosmi by trading 21)

54 Ronnie Perkins Edge OK

110 Tommy Tremble TE ND

155 Charles Snowden LB Virginia

165 Ben St Juste CB Minny

172 Will Bradley-King DE Baylor

206 Jacoby Stevens S LSU

248 Tarron Jackson Edge Costal Carolina

I would be THRILLED with this draft!!

Nice !

3 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

100%. But only people on the inside, management and the doctors will actually ever know the situation. It seems everyone is removing him from the draft board and assuming the worst, instead of thinking he'd pass medical evaluation. 

Well...    the Colts say they typically have the smallest Big Board of players available.  

Do players get removed for all sorts of reasons...   scheme fit...   culture fit...   health reasons...    you name it.  

11 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

To me, it's not just the concussion thing. It's also the Miami scheme thing.

I do agree Paye is probably overrated. Purely my opinion, but I think Paye, Oweh, Philips, and Rousseau are in about the same to me. All have either great traits OR great stats, but all have questions. I'd be happy with any of them to be honest. I like Ojulari too, but think he's a much better fit for a 3-4.

41. Jaelan Phillips

EDGE Miami (FL)

62. Spencer Brown

OT Northern Iowa

72. Hamsah Nasirildeen

S Florida State

135. Jaelon Darden

WR North Texas

140. Osa Odighizuwa

DT UCLA

165. David Moore

OG Grambling State

177. Benjamin St-Juste

CB Minnesota

206. JaCoby Stevens

S LSU

216. Cary Angeline

TE North Carolina State

242. K.J. Britt

LB Auburn

248. Josh Ball

OT Marshall

2022 DET 2nd Rd

On 4/11/2021 at 10:14 PM, NorthernColt said:

1424013786_download(26).png.2bccf3099592eeb959a39549bd1e6024.png

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, cjrichard said:

1424013786_download(26).png.2bccf3099592eeb959a39549bd1e6024.png

So, how did it come to be,  that we traded down from 21 to 23...   but added pick 34 AND pick 66?

The system made that trade with the Jets?     Move down 2 spots and get both of those picks?   

In the real world,  we wouldn't get either of those picks for moving down just 2 spots.

• Like 1