Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just curious who your target is for draft?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trevor Lawrence 

Cosmi is my preferred player.    But I don’t see a lot of enthusiasm for him in the scouting community where he appears to still be a 2nd round pick even after testing thru the roof.    Seems odd to m

I disagree friend.  BPA at 21 will probably be a WR, not a DE or OT. To pigeonhole draft picks in certain rounds I feel is wrong and bad drafting.  In this class, i don't think  a DE at 21 will b

I have warmed up to Cosmi, I want to go LT first pick, that we know is such a big thing in the longer run and they can play big right away, I dont want a Ugoh situation again and our last 2 LT, like actually played, were both 1st Round Picks

• Like 2

Jaelan Phillips... if he's medically cleared by our medical staff...

Kwity Paye ... if he falls...

Darrisaw/Jenkins at 21 if we going OT

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

1) Cosmi

2) Jenkins

3) Paye

Cosmi, he is a true LT and has played a lot of his career at LT. Jenkins has played only 20% of his games at LT and 80% at RT. We need a true LT, JMO. I like Paye but we need a LT in the worse way to help protect Wentz.

• Like 1

Cosmi is my preferred player.    But I don’t see a lot of enthusiasm for him in the scouting community where he appears to still be a 2nd round pick even after testing thru the roof.    Seems odd to me.

But he has all the desired traits, skills and experience you want in a LT. 

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Cosmi is my preferred player.    But I don’t see a lot of enthusiasm for him in the scouting community where he appears to still be a 2nd round pick even after testing thru the roof.    Seems odd to me.

I mean scouts get it wrong, I am not so much caring about the testing but his game film and his nasty streak that I care about 

11 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I mean scouts get it wrong, I am not so much caring about the testing but his game film and his nasty streak that I care about 

I’m very much aware that scouts get it wrong.    All the time.   Every year. 

But it’s all the scouts that I follow.  

Jeremiah and Zierlein at the NFL Network. 
Kiper and McShay at ESPN.

The crew at PFF,  though, to be fair, I think I’ve seen Cosmi mocked at the bottom of the first recently. 

Oddly enough...   Kiper didn’t have Cosmi in his top-10 tackles.  But he surprisingly had him 2nd at....   Guard.   WTH?!?  And then McShay mentioned that Cosmi has potential at Guard.    

Total head scratcher for me. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m very much aware that scouts get it wrong.    All the time.   Every year. 

But it’s all the scouts that I follow.  

Jeremiah and Zierlein at the NFL Network. 
Kiper and McShay at ESPN.

The crew at PFF,  though, to be fair, I think I’ve seen Cosmi mocked at the bottom of the first recently. 

Oddly enough...   Kiper didn’t have Cosmi in his top-10 tackles.  But he surprisingly had him 2nd at....   Guard.   WTH?!?  And then McShay mentioned that Cosmi has potential at Guard.    

Total head scratcher for me. 

I mean true, i like DJ better than the other guys. Kiper was supposed to retire years ago after the Clausen failure haha McShay, I feel is just to CFB not a mix enough. I dont get why they think WR or CB is our best option. WRs normally take a couple years to settle and right now we are in a championship window, LT normally have a better chance at being a good starter in Rookie year

Little and Cosmi are true LT's and both should be there when we pick.  That's what I would like a true LT.  Cosmi has played more snaps but I still prefer Little because I think he has more upside.  They both had great pro days.  Little's film clips remind me of AC in a way. That said I would be happy with either one starting at LT next year.  

Ok my target as we sit is Rondale Moore...I see Tyreek Hill possibilities with him even though this may not be a crucial need at the moment he will probably be BPA..If Pitts falls past 10 then we need to consider trading up..Take bpa LT in 2nd...

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Ok my target as we sit is Rondale Moore...I see Tyreek Hill possibilities with him even though this may not be a crucial need at the moment he will probably be BPA..If Pitts falls past 10 then we need to consider trading up..Take bpa LT in 2nd...

I like Waddle. Hes going before Moore though. But lately wr who we thought were going Rd 1 have been going Rd 2.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

I like Waddle. Hes going before Moore though. But lately wr who we thought were going Rd 1 have been going Rd 2.

Yeah its tough to gauge it...Im thinking they'll be picked upon system fits and Colts still need a full time slot...

This is a weird year, i haven't really gotten to research players like I usually do and a lot of draft boards I've seen are wildly different with the lack of combine and opt outs. As long as we get a LT I'll be happy 

9 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Question for you.   Moore has been listed as 5’9” and 189 fir his career.   At his Ori Day, he was measured at 5’7”.     Does the 2 less inches bother you?   Change your mind?

Just asking.....

10 hours ago, tvturner said:

Pulling hard for Rashod Bateman or Jaelan Phillips 

Question for you...

Bateman, who has been listed at 6’2” and 210, showed up at his Pro Day and measured very differently. 

6’0 3/8” and 193.   

Was curious if an inch and a half shorter and 15 pounds lighter bothers you enough to change you mind at all?   For the record,  I think the rest of Bateman’s Pro Day went very well.  Tested well.  Routes and hands were very good.    Just asking.  

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Question for you...

Bateman, who has been listed at 6’2” and 210, showed up at his Pro Day and measured very differently. 

6’0 3/8” and 193.   

Was curious if an inch and a half shorter and 15 pounds lighter bothers you enough to change you mind at all?   For the record,  I think the rest of Bateman’s Pro Day went very well.  Tested well.  Routes and hands were very good.    Just asking.  

Not at all

Weight could be due to Covid and the height doesn't worry me

Still think he's going to be a dominant outside receiver in the NFL 

He also ran a much faster 40 than I expected

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If 33 1/2" arm length for Jenkins makes you not believe he can play LT, what is your take on Cosmi's 33" flat? 

14 hours ago, tvturner said:

Pulling hard for Rashod Bateman or Jaelan Phillips 

Both are in my favorites. Phillips specifically is such a great prospect. The only reason he would even be available for us is his concussions/retirement. I have no idea how to evaluate that. My intuition is that Ballard wouldn't take that chance especially since his franchise QB retired so early because of injuries... I kind of can't see him draft a player this early who's already retired once in college. Such a shame, because he's amazing. Both explosive and bendy, technical, strong... good frame and length... I love him as a prospect. He's probably top 10-12 player for me in this draft purely football-wise. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Did some digging around, and from what I’m reading his weight and basic techniques are giving some scouts pause. He often has his hips parallel to the sidelines and tends to play high. They claim he’s been able to compensate by just outmuscling defenders with pure athleticism, but that alone won’t be enough for NFL play. 

Most feel he needs to add around 10-15 more lbs, and will need to start as a right tackle or guard for a season before moving to the left. 

For the record, I like the kid a lot. 

• Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, Archer said:

Sam Cosmi at 21 or, more likely, Dillon Radunz upon trade-down...

I like Cosmi a lot and wouldn't mind that pick one bit....

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Question for you.   Moore has been listed as 5’9” and 189 fir his career.   At his Ori Day, he was measured at 5’7”.     Does the 2 less inches bother you?   Change your mind?

Just asking.....

Doesn't particularly bother me as he is built very sturdy, and Wes Welker was only 5-9 and possessed much less athletic skill than Moore..It would definitely be a risky pick, but I do think our offense is lacking another dynamic receiving playmaker...Just don't trust Campbell will stay healthy...

• Like 1

If we walk away with Moore, Cosmi, or Jaelan Phillips we get better immediately...Probably my top 3 barring a trade or someone unexpectedly falling to us...

Jenkins seems like a good fit and will likely be available.  I'm confident they can coach him up at LT, but if for some reason he were a failure, you could move him to RG where he could probably be a mini Q.  The chances of the pick being a complete bust and you getting nothing out of him are slim.

Definitely look for one of the top 3 tackles (Sewell, Darrisaw, Slater) if one manages to fall to 21. After those three, you take BPA at either DE or LT, assuming no other big name falls and will provide more of an impact!

Gregory Rousseau.  He ran a slow 4.68 40 at his pro day, making him not coveted as a pure pass rusher at LDE.

The modern NFL QB is praised for his ability to extend the play.  He usually does that by escaping to his right.  I want a lengthy edge setter to keep the QB contained so our every down 3T and our rotational quick RDEs can collect the sacks.  A quick and bendy LDE is simply going to run around the RT and open up a running lane for the QB.  I want that running lane cut off, and make the QB stay in the pocket.  Sacks from the LDE are not as relevant as their ability to keep containment, IMO.

Rousseau has length, mass, (unlike Lewis) and a high motor.  In fact, most of his sacks in college came from his motor and ability to disengage.  But he's still a good pass rusher.

End of the first...trade down....or top of the second would be good value since he did us a favor by running a slow 40, for those teams looking for a pure edge rusher.

Payton Turner would be another option.

I also covert Sam Cosmi.  But I think we might be able to get Mike McGlinchey with pick 54 and maybe a later round pick, based upon some things I heard.

26 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Gregory Rousseau.  He ran a slow 4.68 40 at his pro day, making him not coveted as a pure pass rusher at LDE.

The modern NFL QB is praised for his ability to extend the play.  He usually does that by escaping to his right.  I want a lengthy edge setter to keep the QB contained so our every down 3T and our rotational quick RDEs can collect the sacks.  A quick and bendy LDE is simply going to run around the RT and open up a running lane for the QB.  I want that running lane cut off, and make the QB stay in the pocket.  Sacks from the LDE are not as relevant as their ability to keep containment, IMO.

Rousseau has length, mass, (unlike Lewis) and a high motor.  In fact, most of his sacks in college came from his motor and ability to disengage.  But he's still a good pass rusher.

End of the first...trade down....or top of the second would be good value since he did us a favor by running a slow 40, for those teams looking for a pure edge rusher.

I expected much more from Rousseau when I sat down to watch his film. There is very little impressive in there... he's as raw as can be. He's more raw and less athletic than Rashan Gary(similar size) was coming out of college. Also... he ran 7.50 3cone. That's attrocious. I don't think he will ever be able to consistently win on the edge with that type of agility. You need incredible polish and ability to cross the OTs face in order to have success with such poor agility score and he has neither of those. 

He does have very good length and motor though. You are right to point out that a lot of his success in that 1 year in college was due to his high motor and constant pursuit(tons of his sacks were cleanup and coverage sacks... or when moved to the inside). I am not paying a 1st round for best trait "high motor" though... that's a recipe for disaster. I would much rather us get Jaelan Phillips or Paye or Ojulari or hell even with Oweh I see more potential than with Rousseu. 

Payton Turner would be another option.

I also covert Sam Cosmi.  But I think we might be able to get Mike McGlinchey with pick 54 and maybe a later round pick, based upon some things I heard.

I'd be good with Turner(later day 2) or Cosmi too... 

• Like 1