Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If best player is true then

ND Kosamorah is their at 21 take him !!!! 2nd rd if need to move up for Cosmi LT Texas or LT Eichlemberg ND they need too do it ! Then Try find TE and DE. Imo we blew chance get FA DE ! That said if we can get our 1st and 2nd players I've stated it will be great draft!!!IMO

3 minutes ago, coltsfan40 said:

ND Kosamorah is their at 21 take him !!!! 2nd rd if need to move up for Cosmi LT Texas or LT Eichlemberg ND they need too do it ! Then Try find TE and DE. Imo we blew chance get FA DE ! That said if we can get our 1st and 2nd players I've stated it will be great draft!!!IMO

It’s hard not to draft for need, but if there is a player sitting at 21 or wherever, who is going to be a difference maker, you take em, regardless of position.

I have know doubt, there are some players that GM’s know are going to be very good. I think Ballard knew that Leonard was that guy. 

At the end of the day, I’d rather draft and hit on a pick, than draft for a need position and miss. 

12 minutes ago, coltsfan40 said:

It would have to be a pick in very close proximity to 54 to move up. With no 3rd round pick and no 2nd next year, it would have to be simular to the move up in 2020 for Taylor.

Really I believe if player they love is their they will take him. Probably a trade back again .We need too solidify LT and run the ball we have best backfield in football period ! Then when the defenses tongues hanging out. Pass off that !

The 4 best LT's in college are Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, and Cosmi. Some may disagree but the majority would agree with that. I can see the 1st I 3 named going top 20. If that happens and we pass on Cosmi he won't be there in Round 2 when we pick IMO. I see him going at worse late 1st round, real early 2nd. We need a LT and badly. Sewell will go top 5 IMO, if 1 of those other 3 are there I named at #21 we should pick one, JMO. Without at least an above average LT, Wentz is going to have all kinds of trouble. Our run game may be ok because up the middle we are strong with Nelson and Kelly but that is another topic. We need to make life as easy as possible for Wentz after the year he had this past season.

By the way I read the posts in the Jenkins thread, he is a true RT, not a LT. He played roughly RT around 80% of his college career. We already have Smith at RT who is good.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 4 best LT's in college are Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, and Cosmi. Some may disagree but the majority would agree with that. I can see the 1st I 3 named going top 20. If that happens and we pass on Cosmi he won't be there in Round 2 when we pick IMO. I see him going at worse late 1st round, real early 2nd. We need a LT and badly. Sewell will go top 5 IMO, if 1 of those other 3 are there I named at #21 we should pick one, JMO. Without at least an above average LT, Wentz is going to have all kinds of trouble. Our run game may be ok because up the middle we are strong with Nelson and Kelly but that is another topic. We need to make life as easy as possible for Wentz after the year he had this past season.

By the way I read the posts in the Jenkins thread, he is a true RT, not a LT. He played roughly RT around 80% of his college career. We already have Smith at RT who is good.

I hope they give Walker Little a strong look as well at LT. Not sure when Stanford is having their pro day.

16 minutes ago, Hark said:

I hope they give Walker Little a strong look as well at LT. Not sure when Stanford is having their pro day.

They already had it and he apparently tested pretty well. He’s such an unknown though after missing nearly 2 straight years of football that I can’t see him going before mid to late 2nd round.NCF could probably give you a pretty thorough breakdown of his pro day. 

1 minute ago, Hoose said:

They already had it and he apparently tested pretty well. He’s such an unknown though after missing nearly 2 straight years of football that I can’t see him going before mid to late 2nd round.NCF could probably give you a pretty thorough breakdown of his pro day. 

Agreed on all points. I was just thinking if we could grab a guy like him at 54, it would free up 21 to address other needs or a possible trade back.

18 hours ago, coltsfan40 said:

Depends on who is still on the board     Here is as link to a site I have been reading that has "their" grades on players.  

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-prospects-2021-updated-big-board-player-rankings/

I'd say that there are a lot of players that are very close using their grades and that would push the draft towards need of those closely graded players

Example. If by using these grades and these players are available I think the Colts would select Darrisaw all day long.  Higher grade AND position of need   I also think that Owusu-Koramoah would be at the bottom of this list due to closeness of grades and the other players fill more needs   He is a very good player though.  

Darrisaw - 4.24

Horn - 4.22

Farley - 4.20

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah -4.16

Rousseau - 4.13

Perkins 4.11

JMO.   

2 hours ago, Hoose said:

PFF actually has Little ranked ahead of Cosmi in their overall top players ranking him at 34 with Cosmi at 37.  Even with him missing two years of current playing time they have him ranked that high.  That would make them both potential late 1st rd early 2nd rd picks.  That's good for us because who knows how the draft unfolds once it gets started.  LT is so vital for us this year I can't see Ballard taking a chance at not getting one of these top guys and trading back too far if tempted.  I can actually see The Chiefs going LT with their 1st and even trading up a little to get one.  That's why I think he takes one at 21 and feels great that he was fortunate to get one of these top LT's with that pick.  I think it could actually come down to Cosmi or Little.  

Archived