Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts re-sign AQM

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Glad he’s coming back, Muhammad was very Solid in his rotation in the lineup also very good against the run. I truly hope they are working towards bringing Hooker back, I know he’s had a history with Injury but the talent to be a difference maker is there. 

40 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Very pleased to see this.    A solid rotational guy, who, at 25, should have even more upside.    He had a chance to test the market and he's returning!     Win-Win!     My favorite type of deal!     

And now, "with the next pick" drops!    There's another win for everyone!     :thmup:

:colts:

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

king of the hill dancing GIF

Your tag line about "absolute power" is, IMO, one of the most important observations in history.

Not just American history,  but in the history of the world.    And it's been proven to be true over and over and over again.

Thanks for using it!

11 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U r so right. Lets continue to let Ballard draft Dlinemen with high picks that dont amount to much. Basham, Lewis, Turay and Banagou. Can u find a full time starter out of that bunch? He does better when he signs free agents or trades for Dlinemen

A little too early to say Lewis, Turay and Banagu don’t amount to much. Not every pass rusher is going to excel right away. I don’t think they’re as bad as some suggest but the jury is still out on them.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Bobby hill memes are the best. I was looking for the one with him screaming “we win the super bowl” adult swim fox GIF

I don’t know the show that well but where the dad says “You failed English?  Bobby you speak English!” Is so good.  

On 4/1/2021 at 5:26 PM, Orioles22 said:

That gives us five defensive ends, if Lewis is counted. I have my doubts about signing Houston now. I'd guess one more end drafted, probably in the second round, but maybe later. It seems Ballard likes projects at end.

I wouldn't rule anything out. AQM is a good depth signing though, but really doubt it's anything more than depth/rotation. Guessing Lewis takes the Autry tweener role. I still wouldn't count at Houston coming back. Every report I've seen says the sides are still talking. Still hoping for Houston resigning a one year, and a DE in the first.

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I wouldn't rule anything out. AQM is a good depth signing though, but really doubt it's anything more than depth/rotation. Guessing Lewis takes the Autry tweener role. I still wouldn't count at Houston coming back. Every report I've seen says the sides are still talking. Still hoping for Houston resigning a one year, and a DE in the first.

I think we can probably get more value with an offensive tackle in the first round, or maybe even a corner.

I didn't realize Muhammad played 52 percent of the snaps last year. I could see him and Turay alternating on one side with Lewis and Rochelle on the other.

24 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

I think we can probably get more value with an offensive tackle in the first round, or maybe even a corner.

I didn't realize Muhammad played 52 percent of the snaps last year. I could see him and Turay alternating on one side with Lewis and Rochelle on the other.

I think Muhammed got so many snaps because he got many that we thought would go to Turay.   We all thought he’d be back sooner.   If Turay is finally healthy, and BB and Lewis and hopefully Houston and perhaps our DE draft pick...   with all that, perhaps Muhammad’s snaps might go down some?

You’d think our luck (or bad luck) would eventually change...   maybe we’re due (even overdue) for some good things to go our way.

33 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

Actually 56%. Turay/AQM and Lewis/Rochelle would be extremely underwhelming. Keep in mind a good portion of AQM's snaps came when Autry slid inside when we pulled the NT (happened on about 20ish % of snaps), a good portion of the remainder simply because we didn't have a better option (Turay out). And given he only had 2 sacks and 14 pressures in that many snaps, is pretty meh. Lewis had twice the sacks in more pressures with only 40% of snaps.

Still a bit in awe that folks look at our OL (who has 3 pro bowlers and a very solid RG), and look at our very meh DL (who has one PBer and that's it), and think we should draft a LT in the 1st given the depth of tackle in this year's draft. Our DL is easily the most in need of a game changing play maker. We're basically absent around 50% of our sack production on the DL. And folks were very critical about Houston and Autry due the lack of sack production, but they were easily the most productive aside from Buckner. 

I'm not a draft expert by any means but it seems there a lot more quality offensive tackles than defensive ends this year. I guess I see the logic of saying you could still get a good one in the second round, but I'm hoping we can get a much better player on the offensive side at 21 than a marginal defensive player.

1 minute ago, Orioles22 said:

I'm not a draft expert by any means but it seems there a lot more quality offensive tackles than defensive ends this year. I guess I see the logic of saying you could still get a good one in the second round, but I'm hoping we can get a much better player on the offensive side at 21 than a marginal defensive player.

There are about 4 high quality / high graded DEs this year that fit the 4-3, and it's likely 2-3 will be available at 21 given the projected run on other positions. Even some of the better mocks show Paye falling to 21. IMO, Paye will be the first DE taken (maybe Oweh), but that would leave either Rousseau, Philips, or Oweh available. Meanwhile, there are a bunch of Ts, several that should be there in the 2nd, that would do just fine next to Q. We don't need a first year pro bowl type LT, just someone who is solid, that will develop over the year. We've been going big/early (1st/2nd) on OL since Ballard arrived, and 2nd/3rd on DL. Time to go big on DE. And there's rarely a better year to get a LT in the 2nd than this year.

27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Actually 56%. Turay/AQM and Lewis/Rochelle would be extremely underwhelming. Keep in mind a good portion of AQM's snaps came when Autry slid inside when we pulled the NT (happened on about 20ish % of snaps), a good portion of the remainder simply because we didn't have a better option (Turay out). And given he only had 2 sacks and 14 pressures in that many snaps, is pretty meh. Lewis had twice the sacks in more pressures with only 40% of snaps.

Still a bit in awe that folks look at our OL (who has 3 pro bowlers and a very solid RG), and look at our very meh DL (who has one PBer and that's it), and think we should draft a LT in the 1st given the depth of tackle in this year's draft. Our DL is easily the most in need of a game changing play maker. We're basically absent around 50% of our sack production on the DL. And folks were very critical about Houston and Autry due the lack of sack production, but they were easily the most productive aside from Buckner. 

I think the awe is because we’re scared of this DE class.   It’s the worst anyone can remember in a long time.  The odds of a DE drafted at 21 being a bust are much higher than normal. 

I think if this were even a routine DE class, most everyone here would be in near lock-step agreement with you.   Go DE, then LT.  
You yourself have written about how unusual this DE class is.  But it’s a very high risk class.   

Yes, I was listening to an NFL Network draft discussion today on Rousseau possibly dropping to the second round due to below average numbers on his pro day. I'd rather get a 10-year starter at tackle and try to piece together the defensive front than missing on another defensive end high in the draft.

32 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the awe is because we’re scared of this DE class.   It’s the worst anyone can remember in a long time.  The odds of a DE drafted at 21 being a bust are much higher than normal. 

I think if this were even a routine DE class, most everyone here would be in near lock-step agreement with you.   Go DE, then LT.  
You yourself have written about how unusual this DE class is.  But it’s a very high risk class.   

In terms of guys at DE and Edge rating 6.3 or over

2021 - 8

2020 - 7

2019 - 9

2018 - 6

Worst anyone can remember? NFL.com's ratings sure doesn't scream worst. 

If folks are afraid of the class, it's because of opt outs and a shortened season. And that is an issue that impacts all positions.

Paye, Oweh, and Ojulari, are freaks. Rousseau and Phillips have monster production. You can go back and look at the last 4 or so classes. There's always bust potential.

Archived