Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Laughing so hard at this podcast

41 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Jason from For the Colture did his own podcast. He got so much wrong and now because of this he says there is friction in the colts locker room. Says they didn’t want TY back.  He swears by his sources.lmao I don’t even get this doom and gloom.

I'll give it a listen. Thanks.

I will say, I doubt it was a situation where Indy adamantly didn't want TY back. But I don't think he was top priority either. The way things turned out, seems like TY wanted to come back probably more than the FO wanted to resign. Because of the history though, the FO doesn't want to look bad either, and just totally ditch a long term fan fav. It worked out though. Short term moderate deal. 

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Jason from For the Colture did his own podcast. He got so much wrong and now because of this he says there is friction in the colts locker room. Says they didn’t want TY back.  He swears by his sources.lmao I don’t even get this doom and gloom.

Why even post this here and spread his content? 

21 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

One of the things he mentioned Ballard low balled TJ Carrie so much from what he heard it’s disrespectful. People in the font office are like what is Ballard doing in FA. He sounds like he wants to disown Ballard.

I think Ballard is likely not being disrespectful, he's just doing things like he said he do them. He's talked about having a plan, sticking to the plan, setting value/$, and sticking to that value/$.

What likely happened, is he has a roster plan. He has priorities. He has so many $ set aside for CB. He resigned Rhodes, and then came TJ. Whatever he had left over was what he had to offer. Keep in mind he spent very little on TJ last year. Yes he performed well (very well and I love the guy), but he's not a starter. Also, it depends on the overall plan (does Ballard intend to go after a CB in the draft), and how does he see Rodgers and Tell. TJ may have been added last year after Tell's opt out.

We just don't know what we don't know. I can see Ballard saying this is all we have to offer. That's not disrespect. 

31 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

One of the things he mentioned Ballard low balled TJ Carrie so much from what he heard it’s disrespectful. People in the font office are like what is Ballard doing in FA. He sounds like he wants to disown Ballard.

So, has anyone offered Carrie more?  I know Odum felt disrespected too, but he played something like 10 snaps on D the entire year.  Great on STs, true.  How much is that worth?

I listen to the Colture once in a while.  They tend to drone on a lot, without a lot of new information or insight.  I'll take Kevin Bowen any day.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think Ballard is likely not being disrespectful, he's just doing things like he said he do them. He's talked about having a plan, sticking to the plan, setting value/$, and sticking to that value/$.

What likely happened, is he has a roster plan. He has priorities. He has so many $ set aside for CB. He resigned Rhodes, and then came TJ. Whatever he had left over was what he had to offer. Keep in mind he spent very little on TJ last year. Yes he performed well (very well and I love the guy), but he's not a starter. Also, it depends on the overall plan (does Ballard intend to go after a CB in the draft), and how does he see Rodgers and Tell. TJ may have been added last year after Tell's opt out.

We just don't know what we don't know. I can see Ballard saying this is all we have to offer. That's not disrespect. 

From what we saw of Rogers in Buffalo I think he will be a fine backup to Moore. I guess let’s say what he said is true. Why not just tell Carrie we are moving on.  Why low ball him. Jason also said their are some really bad things he can’t even mention lol.  Then he complained we let to many players hit the market then lowballed them. I can kind of understand autry because Titans gave him 3 years and Lewis with the increased snaps should be just fine in that spot when his snaps increase. 

Fans have to understand these FA edge guys weren’t really worth what they got. The that were stayed with their current teams. 

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

So, has anyone offered Carrie more?  I know Odum felt disrespected too, but he played something like 10 snaps on D the entire year.  Great on STs, true.  How much is that worth?

I listen to the Colture once in a while.  They tend to drone on a lot, without a lot of new information or insight.  I'll take Kevin Bowen any day.

He said he believes the saints have offered more money. 

Just now, Wentzszn said:

From what we saw of Rogers in Buffalo I think he will be a fine backup to Moore. I guess let’s say what he said is true. Why not just tell Carrie we are moving on.  Why low ball him. Jason also said their are some really bad things he can’t even mention lol.  Then he complained we let to many players hit the market then lowballed them. I can kind of understand autry because Titans gave him 3 years and Lewis with the increased snaps should be just fine in that spot when his snaps increase. 

Fans have to understand these FA edge guys weren’t really worth what they got. The that were stayed with their current teams. 

Why not offer TJ what you can. It's silly to want a guy back, and just not offer him what you can out of fear of offending him. There's a way to position it. Also consider that TJ has been out exploring other teams. He's still a FA, so teams haven't exactly offered him the moon.

IMO, our scheme is a great fit for Carrie. He performed much better here than in Cleveland (like Rhodes in MN). I'm sure at the end of the day, he'll go somewhere else if the offer is significantly more, but at the same time, I could see him back in Indy if the offers are close. There's a reason he took 1M from us last year, after making 8M in Cleveland the year before.

Personally, I'd said his value at 2ishM, but wouldn't be surprised if Ballard had only 1M to offer.

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

One thing for sure Ballard really comes up with some creative contracts.  TY and Rhodes for example.  it's like he tries squeezing every nickel he can.  

At some point it starts looking like a cheap skate. I have to say so far the offseason in FA has been very confusing from Ballard. If Paye or Phillips falls to 21 I see us taking edge there. Maybe Ballard has some inside info to where these two edge guys will go and that’s why we have seen what we have seen in FA. I would be perfectly ok with that. We can get a tackle with the second pick. We signed a couple vets and still have Q if we need one of them to start. Easier to cover for tackle then edge.

56 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

ballards decision on a edge rusher is the only thing i do not understand colts should have 25 million left the cap has to go up because of the 11 billion tv deal to give player contracts around 50 percent for salary cap .  the cap should go up 40 million roll over 15 milllion and sign a edge rusher for 10 million plus next year contracts are up with doyle for almost 9 million plus ty hilton deal is over kelly salary goes down and rhodes and many other contracts were front loaded . colts should have 90 plus million still to resign the guys we need to resign .    we could of spared ten million for a edge rusher this offseason .

its obvious irsay got involved in the ty hilton deal and forced ballards hand .  ty hilton said it talking to pat mcafee , that ballard low balled him and he was gonna sign with the ravens until irsay called him and agreed to pay more . its obvious ballard wanted to get younger and sign wakins who is 27 for 6 million instead of ty at 32 for 10 million . so this guy saying he heard from inside sources about this is lying he heard it from the pat mcafee show

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

ballards decision on a edge rusher is the only thing i do not understand colts should have 25 million left the cap has to go up because of the 11 billion tv deal to give player contracts around 50 percent for salary cap .  the cap should go up 40 million roll over 15 milllion and sign a edge rusher for 10 million plus next year contracts are up with doyle for almost 9 million plus ty hilton deal is over kelly salary goes down and rhodes and many other contracts were front loaded . colts should have 90 plus million still to resign the guys we need to resign .    we could of spared ten million for a edge rusher this offseason .

Yup, I'm not totally worried about extensions. Would have been nice to have had more roll over this year though. 

As of now, Colts have 85M for 2022 with the assumption the cap is at 203M. That will go quick though.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, I'm not totally worried about extensions. Would have been nice to have had more roll over this year though. 

As of now, Colts have 85M for 2022 with the assumption the cap is at 203M. That will go quick though.

yea but the colts do not need that much to be real contenders just another young outside wr , one edge rusher  a outside corner and tight end . we can draft one high this year and between this and next years draft can fill some of the holes .  just three players to be the next level

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

yea but the colts do not need that much to be real contenders just another young outside wr , one edge rusher  a outside corner and tight end . we can draft one high this year and between this and next years draft can fill some of the holes .  just three players to be the next level

It's not just new adds we need. That 85M will be used also on Q, Smith, Leonard, etc. 

You also have Glow, Rhodes, MAC, Pascal, Turay, Lewis, and Hines that will also be FAs.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's not just new adds we need. That 85M will be used also on Q, Smith, Leonard, etc. 

You also have Glow, Rhodes, MAC, Pascal, Turay, Lewis, and Hines that will also be FAs.

rhodes is done after this year the only guys are not fetching much as of right now unless they explode this season .  i would let both turray and lewis walk if they do not step up this year .    we have pintor to replace glow hines is gone .   mac should be cheap also .  we have to draft well that is the only way good teams stay good .  get a pass rusher high this draft  replace pascal with other young guys harris and patmon  get another corner next year in the second round .   If turray and lewis step up we can resign them cheap because one year of production will not fetch much on open market look up reddick he went off for 12 sacks and only got signed for 6 million a year  because it was only one year .  our young corners can step up with tell , rock outside and rogers moore inside and we could be fine next year at corner .

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

the good thing about the cap even the best teams have big holes .   chiefs have a horrible defense out side of three players and only have two elite weapons the rest they let walk this year .   even tampa their secondary is average and defense overall is aging they have guys in their 30s playing key spots and their line is not elite and run game .    as long as we can get  a elite offensive line and defensive line with a  two elite weapons and a good running back we will be fine no team has no  flaws colts still have tons of young talent at every postion except edge 

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

rhodes is done after this year the only guys are not fetching much as of right now unless they explode this season .  i would let both turray and lewis walk if they do not step up this year .    we have pintor to replace glow hines is gone .   mac should be cheap also .  we have to draft well that is the only way good teams stay good .  get a pass rusher high this draft  replace pascal with other young guys harris and patmon  get another corner next year in the second round .   If turray and lewis step up we can resign them cheap because one year of production will not fetch much on open market look up reddick he went off for 12 sacks and only got signed for 6 million a year  because it was only one year .  our young corners can step up with tell , rock outside and rogers moore inside and we could be fine next year at corner .

If we let Hines walk that would be a huge mistake. He is a little different then most RB. 

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the good thing about the cap even the best teams have big holes .   chiefs have a horrible defense out side of three players and only have two elite weapons the rest they let walk this year .   even tampa their secondary is average and defense overall is aging they have guys in their 30s playing key spots and their line is not elite and run game .    as long as we can get  a elite offensive line and defensive line with a  two elite weapons and a good running back we will be fine no team has no  flaws colts still have tons of young talent at every postion except edge 

I don’t even know who the Tampa and KC corners are lol.

41 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

why even give this guy attention he is not a reporter he just a colts fan .   his youtube channel has only 5000 subs and his twitter has only 7,000 people.  he is no insider has no sources .    he is a colts fan that started a youtube channel and podcast .  

Because I thinks it’s funny because his feelings is a lot you see on Twitter. It’s all doom and gloom the colts are a mess. 

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Rhodes being done doesn't mean we won't need to spend more to replace his CB1 role. If RYS doesn't step up, we could be in the need for both starting CBs. Same with other guys.

Pinter is a reach. I like him, but he's no shoe in. Why would Hines be gone? Mack will be gone more than likely, but why Hines? If he is, then we need a RB2 and 3. Wilkins will be a FA too. If Mack does decent, his value will rise, and he'll be gone.

In short, you're making a ton of assumptions and not being realistic about the math.

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

FS - is highly questionable after the late year drop in performance.

DE - lacking both staring level positions

MIKE - highly questionable

WILL - awesome, but will take up significant cap

CB1 and 2 - aging on one side, and questionable on the other

WR - only one starting position is without question right now

RB - we have one great RB under contract for more than 2021

QB - we all know the questions here

TE - I'm fine with TE, but most are not. MAC is the best, and he's a FA next year.

OL - LT, RT, LG, RG, all have FAs coming up or retired.

I'm not painting a pic of doom and gloom. I'm just pointing out there are a lot of questions, and development we need to happen.

I agree all teams have to replace guys, fill holes, etc.. But we have a ton of questions right now, and a ton of contracts coming up.

51 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Rhodes being done doesn't mean we won't need to spend more to replace his CB1 role. If RYS doesn't step up, we could be in the need for both starting CBs. Same with other guys.

Pinter is a reach. I like him, but he's no shoe in. Why would Hines be gone? Mack will be gone more than likely, but why Hines? If he is, then we need a RB2 and 3. Wilkins will be a FA too. If Mack does decent, his value will rise, and he'll be gone.

In short, you're making a ton of assumptions and not being realistic about the math.

you are missing my main point which is in order to be a good team colts must keep drafting well and replacing spots with rookie contracts .   we cannot afford to spend big money on corners . it seems like when polian ran the same kind of cover 2 scheme corners were not paid highly .  at some point colts have to budget spots and value other spots . we have way to many good players to pay them all .    We cannot afford to just keep resigning every body no good team can .  we must replace some guys with rookies and cheap free agents and get them to perform at a starter level .   i was just saying who i would chose to get rid of not guessing what ballard would do . running backs should mostly be replaced in the draft in my opinion .    i trust the coaching staff to get the young players ready to take over such as pintor , harris , patmon etc.    i feel like with this years draft and next we can fill holes and should only go to free angency to fill holes that the draft failed to get . that is why i was bummed over not getting a good pass rusher in free agency because ballard has not been great at that spot in the draft .

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

you are missing my main point which is in order to be a good team colts must keep drafting well and replacing spots with rookie contracts .   we cannot afford to spend big money on corners . it seems like when polian ran the same kind of cover 2 scheme corners were not paid highly .  at some point colts have to budget spots and value other spots . we have way to many good players to pay them all .    We cannot afford to just keep resigning every body no good team can .  we must replace some guys with rookies and cheap free agents and get them to perform at a starter level .   i was just saying who i would chose to get rid of not guessing what ballard would do . running backs should mostly be replaced in the draft in my opinion .    i trust the coaching staff to get the young players ready to take over such as pintor , harris , patmon etc.    i feel like with this years draft and next we can fill holes and should only go to free angency to fill holes that the draft failed to get . that is why i was bummed over not getting a good pass rusher in free agency because ballard has not been great at that spot in the draft .

You're making some very broad comments and assumptions. Yes, we need to draft well. Saying we cannot spend big money on corners specifically is pretty silly. Some years we will, some we won't. There's no set model, but CB is a high end / high spend position just like DE, 3T, QB, DE, WR, and LT. All of those positions will ebb and flow over time when it comes to spending. 

Patmon for instance is likely limited to X, and Pittman will our starting X unless he's hurt. Could he be on the field at the same time situationally as Pittman, sure. But it's not likely he plays significant starter like minutes at slot or Z. I agree RBs should be treated more fungible than other positions, but even if you replace every 4 years, you're still spending an early pick every 4 years (which can hamper your ability to draft other positions). 

In short, it's all a mix. And the mix always changes. There is no specific recipes, only some general best practices you try to live by. And no year will be the same. 

52 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

FS - is highly questionable after the late year drop in performance.

DE - lacking both staring level positions

MIKE - highly questionable

WILL - awesome, but will take up significant cap

CB1 and 2 - aging on one side, and questionable on the other

WR - only one starting position is without question right now

RB - we have one great RB under contract for more than 2021

QB - we all know the questions here

TE - I'm fine with TE, but most are not. MAC is the best, and he's a FA next year.

OL - LT, RT, LG, RG, all have FAs coming up or retired.

I'm not painting a pic of doom and gloom. I'm just pointing out there are a lot of questions, and development we need to happen.

I agree all teams have to replace guys, fill holes, etc.. But we have a ton of questions right now, and a ton of contracts coming up.

I only after the draft and the rest of FA will tell where we truly are but i believe in this roster overall and think we have a lot of young talent .    only think our two starting DE  , tackle , and one more tight end are questions going into the season .   If ballard can pull a good tackle and pass rusher and a another tight end in the first 4 rounds i think we will be fine.  the season will depend on the young guys getting better rock , tell , rogers , lewis ,ben , turray , paris , pittman  .  if at least one of three pass rushers become a solid starter and one of the corners become a solid starter we can be real contenders .  i get these are big ifs but if ballard can nail at least two starters in this draft and two or 3 young guys already on the roster step up we will be legit .  if not we are in big trouble .

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I only after the draft and the rest of FA will tell where we truly are but i believe in this roster overall and think we have a lot of young talent .    only think our two starting DE  , tackle , and one more tight end are questions going into the season .   If ballard can pull a good tackle and pass rusher and a another tight end in the first 4 rounds i think we will be fine.  the season will depend on the young guys getting better rock , tell , rogers , lewis ,ben , turray , paris , pittman  .  if at least one of three pass rushers become a solid starter and one of the corners become a solid starter we can be real contenders .  i get these are big ifs but if ballard can nail at least two starters in this draft and two or 3 young guys already on the roster step up we will be legit .  if not we are in big trouble .

I agree on DE and LT as 2 priority positions in the draft. I don't really want to spend early capital or a lot of dollars on TE. I'm fine with MAC and Doyle. I think MAC is underutilized TBH. 

I am hopeful for all of our young kids. Some will work out, some won't. 

Aside from the above, I am worried about FS and MIKE though. I'm hoping we sign Hooker on a vet min deal, and perhaps look at MIKE in the 4th, for "just in case".

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You're making some very broad comments and assumptions. Yes, we need to draft well. Saying we cannot spend big money on corners specifically is pretty silly. Some years we will, some we won't. There's no set model, but CB is a high end / high spend position just like DE, 3T, QB, DE, WR, and LT. All of those positions will ebb and flow over time when it comes to spending. 

Patmon for instance is likely limited to X, and Pittman will our starting X unless he's hurt. Could he be on the field at the same time situationally as Pittman, sure. But it's not likely he plays significant starter like minutes at slot or Z. I agree RBs should be treated more fungible than other positions, but even if you replace every 4 years, you're still spending an early pick every 4 years (which can hamper your ability to draft other positions). 

In short, it's all a mix. And the mix always changes. There is no specific recipes, only some general best practices you try to live by. And no year will be the same. 

it depends on how ballard wants to structure his roster long term . some gms have premium spots that they pay big contracts to and other spots they want to keep cheaper .  i am only guessing i do not really know how ballard wants to design the roster once we  pay our big contracts .   to me it seems like ballard wants to spend the big contracts on defensive and offensive line first then work at other spots not counting QB .    i feel like if ballard had the choice and had only room for one big contract between a corner and pass rusher he is extending the pass rusher .    i wasnt saying ballard would never want to splurge on a good corner if he drafted one , just that the way the cap is breaking down now we cannot afford to spend on a big name corner any time soon .   playing a good amount of zone we can get away with not having elite corners better then not having elite pass rushers ,since we only rush 4 guys most of the time and need to get pressure .

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I agree on DE and LT as 2 priority positions in the draft. I don't really want to spend early capital or a lot of dollars on TE. I'm fine with MAC and Doyle. I think MAC is underutilized TBH. 

Aside from the above, I am worried about FS and MIKE though. I'm hoping we sign Hooker on a vet min deal, and perhaps look at MIKE in the 4th, for "just in case".

so looking at the roster now and 2022 as it is what positions do you feel like we can get away with going cheaper and replacing with unproven guys ?   the way the cap is teams have to chose some positions to be cheap at and some to spend at a premium . i understand we have to mix and match what we have but at a certain point when the roster gets ready we are gonna be in a spot where ballard has to choose between paying contracts to guys who both deserve it and chose which position is a must have .  in my opinion both lines and QB are the most important spot then you mix and match with what we got .   NE has been being cheap on weapons for 20 years and won 6 rings only really gronk was paid a lot . the patriots filled voids getting free agents on a bargain .

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

i agree and would sign hooker for cheap .  I think are fine with bobby at mike though .  I am only worried about pass rusher and tackle really i think our weapons will be fine next year .   i think at corner we are okay rock is not as bad as people make him out to be he will be fine this year as the number 2 outside corner . 

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

its obvious irsay got involved in the ty hilton deal and forced ballards hand . 

I think you are right, he has been known to overrule the GM on some occasions(plus he commented about TY)

Polian has told stories about times where him and Jim disagreed and Jim got his way

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

At some point it starts looking like a cheap skate. I have to say so far the offseason in FA has been very confusing from Ballard. If Paye or Phillips falls to 21 I see us taking edge there. Maybe Ballard has some inside info to where these two edge guys will go and that’s why we have seen what we have seen in FA. I would be perfectly ok with that. We can get a tackle with the second pick. We signed a couple vets and still have Q if we need one of them to start. Easier to cover for tackle then edge.

Couldnt care less if people think CB is a cheapskate.    He's usually right.        Like your post BTW   I trust Ballard  MAYBE more than anyone on this board.      

Rather play guitar  relax and let it all ride out.   

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If you dont worry about extensions this yr.  You most certainly have to worry about LARGER extensions next yr.   

This team is not as far off as many of you think it is IMO

36 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I think you are right, he has been known to overrule the GM on some occasions(plus he commented about TY)

Polian has told stories about times where him and Jim disagreed and Jim got his way

Jim knows a LOT about football.  He deserves to get his way when asked.    Like when Polian and Dungy were at a stalemate between (someone) and Dallas Clark.   Jimmy from the Colts said go TE.   LOL 

Some people (not calling anyone out for sure).  do not realize how "football smart"  (and other smart) Irsay is 

Archived