Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Player's Numbers

I think Luck should take #13. D Has there been a decent #13 since Marino? I can't think of one. And if Irsay were to give Luck #18, I would lose all respect for him.

**just to clarify, I think there's less than a 0 percent chance that Irsay would let Luck take #18. :)

I think Luck should wear #7. A horseshoe, Luck, and #7....... all that's missing is a four leaf clover!

He'll get a tattoo of a rabbit's foot and he'll keep a 4 leaf clover in his locker. In the words of Eli and Peyton, he isn't superstitious....but he's a little-stitious

I think Luck should take #13. D  Has there been a decent #13 since Marino?  I can't think of one.  And if Irsay were to give Luck #18, I would lose all respect for him.

**just to clarify, I think there's less than a 0 percent chance that Irsay would let Luck take #18.  

Hurt Warner was decent.

I think Luck should take #13. D Has there been a decent #13 since Marino? I can't think of one. And if Irsay were to give Luck #18, I would lose all respect for him.

**just to clarify, I think there's less than a 0 percent chance that Irsay would let Luck take #18. :)

I also think there's less than a 0 percent chance that Luck will ask for #18.

Irsay has already said no Colts player will ever wear 18 again.

I also think there's less than a 0 percent chance that Luck will ask for #18.

I agree

Irsay has already said no Colts player will ever wear 18 again.

I realize this...I was just responding to the idea that Irsay might go back on that and give Luck #18. :)

Yeah that's true, I forgot about Warner wearing #13.  Hasn't been a good #14 or #16 in a while either that I can think of.

The last great 14 I remember is FoutsThe last great 16 I remember is Montana

How much willie cost Donnie Avery to get #17 from Austin Collie? Does he want the number or does he just want to change the domain name on his website?

When Eli was drafted by the Giants he bought #10 off of Punter Jeff Feagles but not for cash. He paid for an all expenses paid trip to Florida for his family. Then when Plaxico came in, he wanted Feagles new number of 17 and bought that off of him for an outdoor kitchen. (now that I am doing research to get my facts straight it seems the Plax never held up his end of the bargain)

A funny buying a # story:

Mitch’s wife had all this jewelry with 28 on it, so I gave my number to him for two cases of beer. Mitch got divorced , and now he wears No. 99. The two cases of beer are gone. It’s a sad story.John Kruk, on giving his number to Mitch Williams

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Preseason is more for building your final few players on the roster and making those final decisions on trades, cuts, FA pick ups, who to put on the practice squad or who to pick up from other teams PS/cuts. Now 5-10+ years ago iwas was much more meaningful.  The standard was always that the starters would play 1 Q the first game, 2Q the second, 3Q the third, then rest for the 4th. Now most of the time/teams rest the starters for all the preseason and might play then 1Q for a few games. However most of your top playoff teams will stick with the old standard. Playing your starters does help with getting in sync(esp the Oline), even helps with injuries. I was a player, nothing helped me more to prepare my body for full 100% contact then preseason and working my way up. Practices can help but now a lot of teams wont even have contact in practice. This I feel drives more soft issue injuries now.    The NFL and the teams dont make as much money as you think on Pre Season games. yes they get the season ticket holders money(my money). But in most cases the stadiums are only 50-75% full in the first few games and extremely empty on on the 4th game. They lose a ton of money on preseason not having the fans there to buy merch, food, drinks, parking etc. The NFL would much rather it be a meaningful game that fans would make the effort to go and stay.     
    • Like I said he'll be lucky to win half as many lol.......actually I was being sarcastic but didn't use the emoji    Of course he won't win half as many or seriously doubt he wins 2 and probably wins zero
    • The season used to be 12 games. Not too many fans add a "yeah, but" in todays arguments.  Just saying.  1947-1960  12 games 1961-1977  14 games 1978 to present  16 games My main concern is the injury factor?  Most of the time the teams that have less injuries are the ones who do better in the playoffs. Injuries play a huge factor for every team.  Doing away with one pre season game does not help in that regard. All pre season games do is help reduce the roster down from 90 to 53 plus a 10 man practice squad. Those same results could be gotten with team scrimmages. Pre season games are played to make money for the NFL, not much of anything else. 
    • Forgot about that one do you remember the Elway trade I no he did not want to come to the Colts at that time they where in Baltimore. Irsay's father was in charge then 
    • Well if you are 1 out of say 4-8 teams interested in Ertz services would you rather give up a 5th round pick or so in one of the worse and most unknown drafts in NFL history or take a shot that you will be the one to get his services? Or a pick in 2022 even which i think the Eagles are more interested in. I think a few of those teams might think the trade might be the better option if you feel he is a big upgrade on a team that only needs a few pieces to get to the next level. Small price to pay to be sure your the one who lands him. There is no lock where he would go if he hit the FA market. hes from California and two teams are looking for his services from that area.    As for the trade not happening yet, i think you can look at it a different way. if they were going to just release him, they would have done that already. they already tech released Alshon and DJax.  I think thats more of the Eagles putting a hold on a trade. Rumor is there was teams that spoke with the Eagles about a offer just a few weeks ago. Hawks, Rams, Chargers and Colts. I think the Eagles are looking to wait since they have plenty of time till June 1st to make a move and could drive up a price if more teams dont get a TE they want in the draft or FA. As mentioned before I think the Eagles would rather have a 2022 pick as well so it doesnt force them to trade him before this draft. So there is no rush. 
  • Members

• Dogg63

Dogg63 2,035

• craigerb

craigerb 31

• Nadine

Nadine 6,430

Administrators
    • #12.

#12. 1,065

• DynaMike

DynaMike 33