Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts could play the Bucs this year

CR91

• CR91 changed the title to Colts could play the Bucs this year
38 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Interesting... Now does this revolve, as in do we play a different NFC region each year, or is it always just South Vs. South?

From what I understand, it's always south vs south

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

Interesting... Now does this revolve, as in do we play a different NFC region each year, or is it always just South Vs. South?

It will change each year on rotation. So this year vs south, next North, Next West, then East, then starts over. It is the division you played two years ago. It just so happened we are doing NFC South. Like AFC west is doing NFC North

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

It will change each year on rotation. So this year vs south, next North, Next West, then East, then starts over. It is the division you played two years ago. It just so happened we are doing NFC South. Like AFC west is doing NFC North

Thanks for clearing that up.

4 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

NP, this is something that I thought about back when they offered the 17th game in CBA. I just wasnt sure whod be home and away. But ya it is rotation, that way you wont play an NFC team back to back year, unless SB

I think that is most fair in the end. It really does keep it from turning into almost like a divisional game every year if two teams keep dominating their division.   

On 3/28/2021 at 10:04 PM, John Waylon said:

I think that is most fair in the end. It really does keep it from turning into almost like a divisional game every year if two teams keep dominating their division.   

Ya the one thing I hope is that after the 4 years they do a flip on who is the home team. Like in 2025 the Colts play at the NFC South team

I know money drives everything, but I think the 17th game is a mistake.  I like cutting one preseason game, but I think they'd be better off adding a 2nd bye week for each team.  You'd still have an 18-week regular season, but it might give guys a chance to give their bodies a little break & make it through the season a little healthier.  

1 hour ago, TonyBungee said:

I know money drives everything, but I think the 17th game is a mistake.  I like cutting one preseason game, but I think they'd be better off adding a 2nd bye week for each team.  You'd still have an 18-week regular season, but it might give guys a chance to give their bodies a little break & make it through the season a little healthier.  

We already have an extra playoff game.. they just gotta keep things normal for awhile. We don't even know if fans are going to be attending games yet. And we just added another one? Freaking random 17 game schedule...

On 3/28/2021 at 10:03 PM, CR91 said:

From what I understand, it's always south vs south

No, it is not. It has to be revolving. Otherwise, it will clash with the years you are playing that division.

2021 season - NFC South similar placed team for 17th game (played entire division in 2019, 2 years removed and 2 years away from playing again)

2022 season - NFC North similar placed team for 17th game (played entire division in 2020, 2 years removed and 2 years away from playing again)

2023 season - NFC West similar placed team for 17th game (played entire division in 2021, 2 years removed and 2 years away from playing again)

2024 season - NFC East similar placed team for 17th game (played entire division in 2022, 2 years removed and 2 years away from playing again)

That makes the most logical sense. Home field probably alternates in any set of 4 years (home, away, home, away) followed by away, home, away, home against the NFC divisions. 

Next year's schedule is going to a true test, assuming some of these teams don't fall off.

In no order....TB, TEN x2, BUF, NE (who knows...but always tough), MIA, SF, LAR, SEA, AZ, BAL, LV

And this assumes that HOU and JAC are still bad. HOU is very likely to be really bad...but if Lawrence turns out to be the real deal...JAC will be better...and they always seem to win one game against the Colts every year anyways.

This team will definitely be battle-tested by the time January rolls around. 

15 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ya the one thing I hope is that after the 4 years they do a flip on who is the home team. Like in 2025 the Colts play at the NFC South team

I'm sure it will. Otherwise certain teams could be racking up way more extra home games than other teams over the course of seasons

17 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Next year's schedule is going to a true test, assuming some of these teams don't fall off.

In no order....TB, TEN x2, BUF, NE (who knows...but always tough), MIA, SF, LAR, SEA, AZ, BAL, LV

And this assumes that HOU and JAC are still bad. HOU is very likely to be really bad...but if Lawrence turns out to be the real deal...JAC will be better...and they always seem to win one game against the Colts every year anyways.

This team will definitely be battle-tested by the time January rolls around. 

Battle tested is a plus and minus. All the years of playing the less than stellar AFC South and AFC East gave Peyton and Brady vying for HFA during their prime years, IMO. Yeah, you could sprinkle in a few division leaders here and there they had to face but having a weak division has always helped in the long scheme of things, that is, if you can cash in. Brady cashed in on HFA far better than Peyton did. Same with RW and the Seahawks even if it was more fleeting than the Patriots w.r.t years of dominance.

AFC North teams just beat up each other and eventually came up short more often than not because they had to go on the road constantly. Good for 1 upset typically but then, going on the road constantly had its downfalls. 

Times are different now, at least last year and possibly in 2021 with HFA not meaning much and being a lower seed not that detrimental but the #1 seed still has the rest no one else gets.

17 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Many season long records will be broken in the next few years

Would have loved to see Derrick Henry get one more game to go for the record. I know he plays for a division rival but he is an amazing RB and the best since Peterson in his prime.  Always a fan of dominate players and being able to see them break records!!

Archived