Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts still in talks with Houston and other Edge Rushers

w87r

52 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Houston is worth 6-9ish. AQM 2-3ish IMO.

That is what I am thinking also. My question is Houston worth 3 to 6 M more to the Colts than Muhommad?  We would have Muhommad, Lewis, Turey, Rochell, maybe Banagu and a high draft rookie. 

Just thinking we save the 3-6M to sign an experienced LT and draft LT in the 2nd. That all, just spit balling.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

That is what I am thinking also. My question is Houston worth 3 to 6 M more to the Colts than Muhommad?  We would have Muhommad, Lewis, Turey, Rochell, maybe Banagu and a high draft rookie. 

Just thinking we save the 3-6M to sign an experienced LT and draft LT in the 2nd. That all, just spit balling.

We could afford both a DE like Houston or other solid vet, and a vet LT like Vil or Okung if we wanted. That would be only around 12-20M of the Colts 25-30M left. I'd guess it would be around 15ish. I wouldn't bet on us getting a vet LT though. I think Ballard simply plans to draft, but who knows.

I'm really not worried about saving 10+ for extensions. We can restructure a tad if we need, and the cap will go up next year. 

Archived