Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts Starting Offense

danlhart87

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

high five how i met your mother GIF

My thinking is this, if Wentz can play just as good as Rivers did this past season we will be better. Reasons are, JT and Pittman both should be better, most players are in year 2. Also if Campbell stays healthy that is just an extra boost. With Cosmi on the Line, our O.Line should be lights out golden state warriors good job GIF by NBA

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My thinking is this, if Wentz can play just as good as Rivers did this past season we will be better. Reasons are, JT and Pittman both should be better, most players are in year 2. Also if Campbell stays healthy that is just an extra boost. With Cosmi on the Line, our O.Line should be lights out golden state warriors good job GIF by NBA

dog face GIF

Colts O to other teams Ds

26 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

QB Carson Wentz 

RB Jonathan Taylor

WR Michael Pittman Jr

WR Parris Campbell (Pascal if hurt)

WR TY Hilton 

TE Mo Allie-Cox

LT Samuel Cosmi 

LG Quenton Nelson 

OC Ryan Kelly 

RG Mark Glowinski

RT Braden Smith 

I hope they play really well and score a lot... , because our DBs weren't good at all the 2nd half of the season, and our front 7 might take a huge step back. We're likely need to outscore folks lol.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I hope they play really well and score a lot... , because our DBs weren't good at all the 2nd half of the season, and our front 7 might take a huge step back. We're likely need to outscore folks lol.

I may be in the minority but I still hope we re-sign Houston. He still has good game where he can pressure the QB and get 7 or 8 sacks at worse. Even if it is for 1 year for maybe 9 or 10 Mill, it is what it is.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I may be in the minority but I still hope we re-sign Houston. He still has good game where he can pressure the QB and get 7 or 8 sacks at worse. Even if it is for 1 year for maybe 9 or 10 Mill, it is what it is.

Yup. I think we re-sign Houston, or some other vet to a 1 or 2 year deal. I prefer Houston, but there are a few others I'd sign as well.

I'm optimistic on Turay improving, Lewis stepping up, and Rochelle playing better in our more simplistic 4-3, but still.... that's not a 3 man DE rotation I'm comfortable with starting out the season with. I think we have to sign a vet plus take a DE at 21. We can get by with 2nd round LT due to the great T depth this year, but this is likely our best chance to draft an upper tier DE (not a project) in the next couple years. We're not going to have a 1st next year in all likelihood, and I'm just plain tired of 2nd round projects and reaches at DE.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. I think we re-sign Houston, or some other vet to a 1 or 2 year deal. I prefer Houston, but there are a few others I'd sign as well.

I'm optimistic on Turay improving, Lewis stepping up, and Rochelle playing better in our more simplistic 4-3, but still.... that's not a 3 man DE rotation I'm comfortable with starting out the season with. I think we have to sign a vet plus take a DE at 21. We can get by with 2nd round LT due to the great T depth this year, but this is likely our best chance to draft an upper tier DE (not a project) in the next couple years. We're not going to have a 1st next year in all likelihood, and I'm just plain tired of 2nd round projects and reaches at DE.

Starting D is little harder to predict right now with DE holes and LB without Walker 

10 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Starting D is little harder to predict right now with DE holes and LB without Walker 

Yes, but you are also assuming we take Cosmi at 21. 

I'm gonna bet you that we either A) take a DE at 21 and LT in the 2nd, or B) trade back from 21 to pick up another pick.

There is also still a real chance we grab a guy like Villanueva or Okung. I'm a little surprised both are still hanging out there without a deal. Some have suggested Villanueva could be had for a 1 year 6M deal. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm gonna bet you that we either A) take a DE at 21 and LT in the 2nd, or B) trade back from 21 to pick up another pick.

There is also still a real chance we grab a guy like Villanueva or Okung. I'm a little surprised both are still hanging out there without a deal. Some have suggested Villanueva could be had for a 1 year 6M deal. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

I think a rookie LT will be fine. I actually think Colts draft DE in 2nd perhaps Turner. 

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Only DE I like at 21 is Paye and I doubt he falls to 21

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I think a rookie LT will be fine. I actually think Colts draft DE in 2nd perhaps Turner. 

Only DE I like at 21 is Paye and I doubt he falls to 21

So we have 3 pro bowl type OLs. Plus a very solid RG.

We have 1 pro bowl type DL, and the rest JAGs

You want to add another 1st round pick to what is considered by most to be an overstocked OL already, and ignore the DL yet again.

Turner is solid, but he's likely not a difference maker. And I doubt he'd be ready out of the box.

We need to take advantage of the deep OT class. DE is not deep at all.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So we have 3 pro bowl type OLs. Plus a very solid RG.

We have 1 pro bowl type DL, and the rest JAGs

You want to add another 1st round pick to what is considered by most to be an overstocked OL already, and ignore the DL yet again.

Turner is solid, but he's likely not a difference maker. And I doubt he'd be ready out of the box.

We need to take advantage of the deep OT class. DE is not deep at all.

Its a solid OT class but I wanna a day 1 starter especially if it's a rookie. Idk what other LT could start day 1.

BTW Cosmi going beast mode here

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think bringing Houston back is Ballards goal.  He and Houston arent seeing the same contract. The 12/yr wont fly with Ballard.

Saw an article we’re also lookin at other vet edge.  He’s doin the jedi-mind thing like with TY /Watkins,  Like the “deadline” on the Wentz deal.  Ballard is a chessplayer.

Good chance this is Houstons last contract unless a 1 yr deal.

47 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Its a solid OT class but I wanna a day 1 starter especially if it's a rookie. Idk what other LT could start day 1.

The answer to the question about which rookies could start at LT?   The list is short..,.

— Sewell

— Darrisaw. (Maybe)

Two others are also maybes...  they are most likely both guards, but may have both the feet and technical skill to play LT.

— Slater

— Vera-Tucker

Add Cosmi, and I think that’s it for rookies.   Others might be able to in their 2nd year, but those are also question marks to one degree or another. 

5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If we can get Villanueva for 1 yr $6 mil, that would be incredible. Then we could draft one of the deeper prospects In The draft and let the 174 (or whatever the current number is) tackles they have coming to camp compete for the backup roles.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The answer to the question about which rookies could start at LT?   The list is short..,.

— Sewell

— Darrisaw. (Maybe)

Two others are also maybes...  they are most likely both guards, but may have both the feet and technical skill to play LT.

— Slater

— Vera-Tucker

Add Cosmi, and I think that’s it for rookies.   Others might be able to in their 2nd year, but those are also question marks to one degree or another. 

I think Eichenberg is a plug and play LT that could start day 1. He doesn't have as high of upside as the others mentioned, but he's got a really high floor.

2 hours ago, Hark said:

If we can get Villanueva for 1 yr $6 mil, that would be incredible. Then we could draft one of the deeper prospects In The draft and let the 174 (or whatever the current number is) tackles they have coming to camp compete for the backup roles.

I'm up with this. Don't put the weight of the world on the rookie. You just don't know what you're getting and you need to take care of your new QB. Villanueva solidifies things for a year, and at that price, he's more than worth it. Draft the future LT, one with a high ceiling, and give him time to learn. 

9 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

QB Carson Wentz 

RB Jonathan Taylor

WR Michael Pittman Jr

WR TY Hilton 

TE Mo Allie-Cox

LT Samuel Cosmi 

LG Quenton Nelson 

OC Ryan Kelly 

RG Mark Glowinski

RT Braden Smith 

If Cosmi was acquired with the 2nd round pick I could get on board. And Doyle will probably be the starter. 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can roll with that all day.

i would bet money colts take a pass rusher first round tackle second round .   strong draft for tackles not so strong for pass rushers .  colts not signing a pass rushing free agent gives away that they will be taking one very high .

30 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i would bet money colts take a pass rusher first round tackle second round .   strong draft for tackles not so strong for pass rushers .  colts not signing a pass rushing free agent gives away that they will be taking one very high .

That kinda depends who is there at 21. Its not a guarantee they take DE at 21.

43 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

If Cosmi was acquired with the 2nd round pick I could get on board. And Doyle will probably be the starter. 

Cosmi won't be there when we pick in round 2 IMO. He's that good. Doyle will probably start but I can see he and Mo sharing close to equal time. A lot of people in here want to us to go pass rusher in round 1, doing the same thing they did when Chubb was in the draft lmao . I was so glad Chubb went to Denver, I jumped for joy because I wanted Nelson just like I want Cosmi. Without at least an above average to good LT, Wentz is going to have trouble. Nelson can only cover so much. 

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cosmi won't be there when we pick in round 2 IMO. He's that good. Doyle will probably start but I can see he and Mo sharing close to equal time. A lot of people in here want to us to go pass rusher in round 1, doing the same thing they did when Chubb was in the draft lmao . I was so glad Chubb went to Denver, I jumped for joy because I wanted Nelson just like I want Cosmi. Without at least an above average to good LT, Wentz is going to have trouble. Nelson can only cover so much. 

Cosmi isn’t a sure thing at LT by any means. These are the rankings I have typically seen for OTs...

1. Penei Sewell

2. Rashawn Slater

3. Christian Darrisaw

4. Teven Jenkins 

5. Dillon Radunz

6. Samuel Cosmi

I used both PFF and Yahoo rankings. I’m sure other sources have very similar rankings. 

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is better than the OPEN HOLE that we have now  :)

1 Year 7 Mil

Also, bring in at least one DE from the draft (I hope we get two) to develop and add to the rotation

7 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Cosmi isn’t a sure thing at LT by any means. These are the rankings I have typically seen for OTs...

1. Penei Sewell

2. Rashawn Slater

3. Christian Darrisaw

4. Teven Jenkins 

5. Dillon Radunz

6. Samuel Cosmi

I used both PFF and Yahoo rankings. I’m sure other sources have very similar rankings. 

Ultimately, you never know how rankings vs actual play turns out

No one is a 100% safe pick.......

IMHO, Cosmi is 4th on this list

9 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Think about what you just said, and now apply that to the DL, which is much harder up for high end talent.

It's just bad strategy to waste a deep class at OT, and continue to ignore the future at DE.

4 hours ago, Hark said:

Yup. I think the 6M is low, but that's what a Pitt site was talking about suggesting they try and sign him.

PFF, when FA started, said he'd get 3 years and 45M, which I laughed at with his age (32). 

IMO, his value is somewhere in the middle. I'd say 2 years and 20M.

But yes, if you could grab him for 1/6, that would be a no brainer.

Okung is in the same space age wise, and PFF rating. Both are 70s guys. I'd take either on 2 year at 10 or less.

And yes, I'd still grab a 2nd round OT

5 hours ago, Shive said:

I think Eichenberg is a plug and play LT that could start day 1. He doesn't have as high of upside as the others mentioned, but he's got a really high floor.

I hope you’re right.   I think you may be right.   I’m just not sure if that yet.   Need some more time.   I’d like to see his Pro Day, or has he had it yet, and I missed it?   

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

The O still was decent when AC was out of the lineup.  It helps to have the two guys playing next to the LT.  

So, unless a real “can’t pass on him!” falls to 21, I would go along with your bet.  IMHO, we need an Edge more than a top level LT.  And yes, we still need Turay and Bananarama (and Lewis) to up their game.  

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

The O still was decent when AC was out of the lineup.  It helps to have the two guys playing next to the LT.  

So, unless a real “can’t pass on him!” falls to 21, I would go along with your bet.  IMHO, we need an Edge more than a top level LT.  And yes, we still need Turay and Bananarama (and Lewis) to up their game.  

Yup. I think the DL needs far more help right now than the OL. That's not to say I don't want a good LT. I just don't think we need a LT that will come in and be pro-bowl level from day 1. There are several second round guys that should be able to come in a be just fine early, and will be pretty darn good by the second half of the season. And I wouldn't mind shifting Nelson temporarily to LT while the drafted LT starts out at LG if needed (swapping back later in the season).

17 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

QB Carson Wentz 

RB Jonathan Taylor

WR Michael Pittman Jr

WR TY Hilton 

TE Mo Allie-Cox

LT Samuel Cosmi 

LG Quenton Nelson 

OC Ryan Kelly 

RG Mark Glowinski

RT Braden Smith 

Paris and or TY are probably more likely to be hurt than Pascal I would guess.

I love TY and glad he's back but I don't like us depending on him or paris in giving us major production or even availability. 

This can be a decent receiving group if healthy and play up to past level(TY) and draft potential (paris).

I still hope we draft a #1 WR 'cause we'd be better if Pittman was our #2.

And we need major upgrade at TE.

Are QB and group of RB's  are the strongest part of our team. If we can get at least one of a playmaker WR or TE would help them very much.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. I think the DL needs far more help right now than the OL. That's not to say I don't want a good LT. I just don't think we need a LT that will come in and be pro-bowl level from day 1. There are several second round guys that should be able to come in a be just fine early, and will be pretty darn good by the second half of the season. And I wouldn't mind shifting Nelson temporarily to LT while the drafted LT starts out at LG if needed (swapping back later in the season).

The only DE I like at 21 is Paye. 

Ojulari isn't scheme fit

Rousseau hasn't played in a while 

Phillips has concussion problems 

I'm not familiar with Oweh does he fit 43

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I hope you’re right.   I think you may be right.   I’m just not sure if that yet.   Need some more time.   I’d like to see his Pro Day, or has he had it yet, and I missed it?   

I haven't seen it yet

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The only DE I like at 21 is Paye. 

Ojulari isn't scheme fit

Rousseau hasn't played in a while 

Phillips has concussion problems 

I'm not familiar with Oweh does he fit 43

I like Rousseau the best. Best fit, and most well rounded IMO. I don't care he took a year off to be honest. I'll give him some time to shake the rust off. Should have fresh legs.

Oweh is a fit, just raw. I'd be happy with him too. 

I think both these guys could be as good or better than Paye. I'll pass on Philips. Ojulari needs to go to 3-4

Just now, EastStreet said:

I like Rousseau the best. Best fit, and most well rounded IMO. I don't care he took a year off to be honest. I'll give him some time to shake the rust off. Should have fresh legs.

Oweh is a fit, just raw. I'd be happy with him too. 

I think both these guys could be as good or better than Paye. I'll pass on Philips. Ojulari needs to go to 3-4

I like Rousseau im just not 100% sold on him but I would be mad with him at 21

Archived