Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1st Round Mock 4.0 (Post Draft Trades)

2 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Miami is sitting at a good spot at 6 yet again. Assuming that 4 QB;s and Sewell go before them, they could have Chase, but they could also trade down a couple spots and pick up a 2nd and another 2nd next year and still get one of their guys. Carolina and Denver will want to jump up over each other. Miami could trade down, get the two 2nd rounders and still get Devonte Smith..

It would be hilarious if Miami traded down again 

2 hours ago, Hoose said:

I understand this logic, IF you believe that you have to go LT with their first pick. I'm still in the DE mindset, because the pickings are far slimmer than the LT candidates and the need is just as great. In my mind, if the DE is there that you want, such as Rousseau or Paye, you grab him. It would truly help if the Colts signed a bridge free agent LT such as Villanueva or Okung to a one year deal. That way, you're not dependent upon the scenario you've set up which is 1) the LT you crave being there at 21; and 2) that guy having to start right away. And I believe that's equally true for the DE position, which is why I'm hoping either Houston or one of the other vet DEs still available becomes a Colt. 

A bridge OT of Villanueva or Okung would be my hope as well.  But it would appear the bridge will be either Tevi or Davenport.   I know, surprised me too.    Hopefully one of them works out. 

14 hours ago, BProland85 said:

If the Colts pass on both Jaycee Horn and Azeez Ojulari for Cosmi I will riot. 

Drafting for need always gets you in trouble when drafting. Horn and Ojulari are clearly better overall prospects in every ranking I’ve seen. And both would still solve big needs for Indy. 

I still think we will be adding another LT besides Tevi and Davenport (still unsigned).  Our Starting LT need is huge right now and everyone knows it.  Adding another experienced LT will temper the need to draft for need at 21 and give Ballard more flexibility during the draft.

Yeah, I don’t see us taking a 1st round CB, but did anyone see Horn’s Pro Day #s?  If teams believe those #s, then he’s going much earlier:

6’1, 205, 33” arms, 42” vertical, 11’1” broad jump, 19 bench reps, 4.39 forty.   That’s a pretty incredible set of traits...

9 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yeah, I don’t see us taking a 1st round CB, but did anyone see Horn’s Pro Day #s?  If teams believe those #s, then he’s going much earlier:

6’1, 205, 33” arms, 42” vertical, 11’1” broad jump, 19 bench reps, 4.39 forty.   That’s a pretty incredible set of traits...

Thanks for those numbers.   I don’t favor taking a corner with our first, and I don’t expect him to fall to 21....    but with a profile like that, I could see Ballard falling in love and taking him.    There’s an exception to most every rule. 

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks for those numbers.   I don’t favor taking a corner with our first, and I don’t expect him to fall to 21....    but with a profile like that, I could see Ballard falling in love and taking him.    There’s an exception to most every rule. 

I think they take CB in 1st it would be Horn or Newsome 

13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I think they take CB in 1st it would be Horn or Newsome 

Yup.    If we don't like the LT's or the DE's available,  I think that's exactly who we'd take at 21....

Or, we trade down if we can find the right partner.....

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yup.    If we don't like the LT's or the DE's available,  I think that's exactly who we'd take at 21....

Or, we trade down if we can find the right partner.....

I wouldn't rule out WR if someone they like fell. Not my top option but who knows...

Archived